Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Heeeeeeeeeeck yeah! Don't sleep,when your hand get hurt, punching is the LAST thing you want to do. Also fighting with tennis elbow and carpal tunnel.....

index.php

The first time you break your knuckle really bad like Jhonny did you're dumbfounded--b/c you've broken them all before theres just levels to that shyt
least favorite is boxing with a fukked up wrist god damn that's painful

Never broke a knuckle. Had major swelling tho. But tennis elbow is the reason why I was an alternate on the Marine Corps team. Got to the point wherei couldn't even extend my arm and it started to effect my fingers. Had major tingling sensations in my left ring fingern and pinky.

Sprained wrist on my best friend's forearm sparring about 12 years ago. I couldn't even hold a pencil.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I fractured my knuckle and it hurt like hell, so I can imagine what a broken one feels like. Letting it heal on it's own allowed me to manage my power and angles of punches.
Ski you been in the ring and training for years, you haven't broken every one of your knuckles multiple times? Not like Jhonny did but microfactures

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Sprained wrist on my best friend's forearm sparring about 12 years ago. I couldn't even hold a pencil.
:salute: I'm going through either a badly sprained left wrist or cracked wrist bones and the shyt hurts like HELL. I have to double wrap my left hand to work the bag

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Ski you been in the ring and training for years, you haven't broken every one of your knuckles multiple times? Not like Jhonny did but microfactures
Never broke any knuckles, I'm sure I had micro fractures I just rested my hands. At one point in life I purposely calloused all of my knuckles by ditching hand wraps, doing knuckle pushups on rice and sand. But my hands were ugly so I let them get back to normal.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
shyt I bruised my knuckles doing some sparring and that shyt hurt like hell when I hit with it.

Can only imagine what a broken one feels like :huhldup:

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Never broke any knuckles, I'm sure I had micro fractures I just rested my hands. At one point in life I purposely calloused all of my knuckles by ditching hand wraps, doing knuckle pushups on rice and sand. But my hands were ugly so I let them get back to normal.
Knuckle pushups on the concrete :blessed:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Shot I bruised my knuckles doing some sparring and that shyt hurt like he'll when I hit with it.

Can only imagine what a broken one feels like :huhldup:
Dog you most likely have and didn't even know it--microfracture wise not a serious fracture like JG. Throwing a power punch with torn up knuckles A: hurts like fukking hell and B: Will inflict massive damage if landed. I remember sparring when I was 20ish and threw a jab right left hook to the body combo and dude dropped like a sack of potatoes, but good fukking lord did it hurt

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
When I was stationed in Spain a friend of mines broke his wrist on the heavy bag.

Be careful my dawg
I got an 120lb heavy bag (I'm 220) and I can throw the jab effectively, its the left hook that stings up to your shoulder if you don't turn over your hand quick enough.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
:salute:
Bare knuckle pushups on concrete is like doing 15rd sparring with 15 second breaks

:lupe:Ever did 10 rounds with out punching? Just defense? But your partner can fire at will? No water? Against Dominicans and Puerto Ricans? With Merengue blasting? In a gym with no fan or AC? With no fukks given?:to:

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
I got an 120lb heavy bag (I'm 220) and I can throw the jab effectively, its the left hook that stings up to your shoulder if you don't turn over your hand quick enough.
Honestly, I always believed in 150-200 lb. heavy bags because I feel it's harder to hurt your wrists, the bag doesn't give as much. May sound like backwards logic but.....

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

Pretty much what happened to my boy. His right didn't turn over fast enough and his wrist and hand basically folded. shyt wasn't for the faint of heart.