Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
really lookin forward to this. a prime martinez, I think we all agree ko's cotto. but after his last fight, I have no idea how this will go. dude looked awful. but if we even get a 90% martinez thought I think he should get a clear victory and probably a knockout.

this is a closer fight than it looks...even if Martinez was prime. Martinez not a physical fighter and never has been. He is one of those Roy Jone's type fighters who relies on movement and athleticism. Martinez not as good as Roy offensively though. The fight really depends on who executes and sticks to the game plan the best. Martinez should win but I dont think its easy.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know why people try to rewrite history like Matthysse wasnt getting his shyt off too. It was no where near a "dominant" victory for Garcia

I am on both sides of the fence on this convo. While I believe it was a close fight and not a domination.....that victory was about as clear as you are going to get. LM really only won early rounds because of how cautious Swift was. While a rematch would be good and give LM a shot at redeeming himself....I cant see where the intrigue demands it. The reason the fight was so big in the first place is because he was made into a killer after his biggest win and KO over his first real respected top 140lber. If he wouldve hurt Swift badly or buzzed him several times....it would definitely warrant it.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Great site: http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com/
Waiting for the scores to show for Broner-Maidana.
But posting since I saw the discussion on Garcia-Matthysse:

The judges scores were as follows, (Robert Hoyle) 114-112 Garcia, (Glen Trowbridge) 115-111 Garcia, (Juergen Langos) 114-112 Garcia.
Compubox Punch Stats
GARCIA -
624 Thrown, 225 Landed, 36% Connection Rate
MATTHYSEE - 566 Thrown, 206 Landed, 36% Connection Rate

Press Scores
Mark Ortega (Ring Magazine) : 114-112 Garcia
Dan Rafael (ESPN) : 114-112 Garcia
Luis Sandoval (The Boxing Lab) : 115-112 Garcia
Tommy Allan (Boxing Asylum) : 116-111 Garcia
Kevin Iole (Yahoo Sports) : 114-112 Garcia
Ciaran Shanks (Irvine Times) : 116-111 Garcia
Ryan Burton (The Boxing Lab) : 114-113 Matthysse **
Phil D Jay (WorldBoxingNews) : 115-112 Garcia
Eric Raskin (Boxing Monthly) : 114-113 Garcia
Matt Digi (Boxing Asylum) : 115-112 Garcia
Brian Campbell (ESPN) : 114-112 Garcia
ProBoxing-Fans : 113-113 Draw **
Daniel Vano (CheckHookBoxing) : 114-112 Garcia
Doug Fischer (Ring Magazine) : 114-112 Garcia
Al Bernstein (Showtime TV) : 115-113 Garcia
Steve Farhood (Showtime TV) : 115-111 Garcia
Paulie Malignaggi (Showtime TV) : 116-111 Garcia
Tris Dixon (Boxing News ED) : 114-112 Garcia
Wolfgang Schiffbauer (Sturm Promotions) : 115-111 Garcia
Kurt Ward (Boxing Asylum) : 116-111 Garcia
Michael Marley (The Examiner) : 116-112 Garcia

I just did the average of all 24 votes and it comes out to 115-112 :manny:

Good find on the site breh:salute:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I am on both sides of the fence on this convo. While I believe it was a close fight and not a domination.....that victory was about as clear as you are going to get. LM really only won early rounds because of how cautious Swift was. While a rematch would be good and give LM a shot at redeeming himself....I cant see where the intrigue demands it. The reason the fight was so big in the first place is because he was made into a killer after his biggest win and KO over his first real respected top 140lber. If he wouldve hurt Swift badly or buzzed him several times....it would definitely warrant it.

It was a clear victory for Swift.....I agree.

One thing though, I dont like how people are downplaying Matthysse now after Swift beat him.....it's not fair to Danny. It was Danny's biggest win but on other sites I keep hearing people say that LM already had lost to Alexander and Judah, so he was a "manufactured" boogeyman, and that LM hadnt beaten anyone either.

If you take that victory away from Swift, which is his biggest win, it's not fair. IMO, LM is and was clearly #2 at 140 and LM thinks he can beat Danny in a rematch.....and so do many others. I feel as if Danny goes in there again, and beats him in an even more impressive fashion, it propels Danny up as the next star in the boxing world, gives him the full credit he deserves, and will also grant him his biggest paycheck to date.....especially if it's on Floyd's undercard again and sets up Floyd vs Garcia for September.

Other than LM or Peterson, there's no one left for him at 140, and the fight with Peterson should be a cake walk if he chooses that. I dont have a problem with that fight either, because he should already have all the belts:manny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a clear victory for Swift.....I agree.

One thing though, I dont like how people are downplaying Matthysse now after Swift beat him.....it's not fair to Danny. It was Danny's biggest win but on other sites I keep hearing people say that LM already had lost to Alexander and Judah, so he was a "manufactured" boogeyman, and that LM hadnt beaten anyone either.

If you take that victory away from Swift, which is his biggest win, it's not fair. IMO, LM is and was clearly #2 at 140 and LM thinks he can beat Danny in a rematch.....and so do many others. I feel as if Danny goes in there again, and beats him in an even more impressive fashion, it propels Danny up as the next star in the boxing world, gives him the full credit he deserves, and will also grant him his biggest paycheck to date.....especially if it's on Floyd's undercard again and sets up Floyd vs Garcia for September.

Other than LM or Peterson, there's no one left for him at 140, and the fight with Peterson should be a cake walk if he chooses that. I dont have a problem with that fight either, because he should already have all the belts:manny:

Eh, its a tricky situation. Its a situation to where Matthysse was overrated to the point that now he is underrated. He is a very good fighter but one cannot ignore those losses. People cannot ignore those losses. Judah's boxing skills troubled him. Alexander was a fight he shouldve won but he started so late. People think he was robbed against Alexander and I dont see that at all. I saw a lot of close rounds....most of which went to Alexander. Who got their ass kicked in that fight? Alexander. He won more rounds though.

I do believe Swift would beat LM even worse next time...but I dont think it does much for him. Matthysse showed heart but the Peterson fight was just made out to be to much. It actually shows how bad Peterson is. Peterson has about the worst IQ and gameplan as any fighter out there. I do think it would be best for Swift to got to 147.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Eh, its a tricky situation. Its a situation to where Matthysse was overrated to the point that now he is underrated. He is a very good fighter but one cannot ignore those losses. People cannot ignore those losses. Judah's boxing skills troubled him. Alexander was a fight he shouldve won but he started so late. People think he was robbed against Alexander and I dont see that at all. I saw a lot of close rounds....most of which went to Alexander. Who got their ass kicked in that fight? Alexander. He won more rounds though.

I do believe Swift would beat LM even worse next time...but I dont think it does much for him. Matthysse showed heart but the Peterson fight was just made out to be to much. It actually shows how bad Peterson is. Peterson has about the worst IQ and gameplan as any fighter out there. I do think it would be best for Swift to got to 147.

I dont know...maybe I bought into the Matthysse hype. In my mind he lost CLEARLY to Zab and I thought Alexander beat him as well, no robbery either. I dont like Peterson at all. I dont think he's good at all and was scared of Matthysse's power which is what got him KOd.

I dont wanna slight Garcia though, because if we take away Matthysse, then who does he really have on his resume? If Matthysse was overhyped, Zab was already out of his prime and got destroyed by Paulie 12-0 in his next fight, Khan has a china chin and a "B fighter" that people on thecoli to call him, Morales was already old and already been through too many wars, as well as Nate Campbell and Kendall ****.....that's pretty much downplaying Swift's whole career and I dont agree. I dont agree at all, because Danny is a good kid and he EARNED all his victories and his way up. He hasnt cherry picked anyone nor ducked anyone.

Danny has boxing skills and amazing one punch KO power. I didnt even think he had boxing skills like that until he switched up his style when he fought Matthysse. He's beaten everyone in his path and all he does is win. He wasnt even the favorite in his Matthysse fight:manny:

I dont know breh. There's nothing I can say, but Danny just wins....he just wins. He wasnt/isnt being fast tracked to being a star. He's being matched in good/hard fights and he always comes out the victor. That has to count for something, so I'm not gonna disrespect his accomplishments. He's coming up the old fashioned way and all I can do is :salute: him for doing what he's supposed to do.

Really, he deserves a "soft" touch in Lamont Peterson, because he's taken on all opponents and at the time, they were considered good matchups for him. After he beats them, then they get downplayed which by cause and effect throws shade on Danny's record, which isnt fair to me:yeshrug:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I dont know...maybe I bought into the Matthysse hype. In my mind he lost CLEARLY to Zab and I thought Alexander beat him as well, no robbery either. I dont like Peterson at all. I dont think he's good at all and was scared of Matthysse's power which is what got him KOd.

I dont wanna slight Garcia though, because if we take away Matthysse, then who does he really have on his resume? If Matthysse was overhyped, Zab was already out of his prime and got destroyed by Paulie 12-0 in his next fight, Khan has a china chin and a "B fighter" that people on thecoli to call him, Morales was already old and already been through too many wars, as well as Nate Campbell and Kendall ****.....that's pretty much downplaying Swift's whole career and I dont agree. I dont agree at all, because Danny is a good kid and he EARNED all his victories and his way up. He hasnt cherry picked anyone nor ducked anyone.

Danny has boxing skills and amazing one punch KO power. I didnt even think he had boxing skills like that until he switched up his style when he fought Matthysse. He's beaten everyone in his path and all he does is win. He wasnt even the favorite in his Matthysse fight:manny:

I dont know breh. There's nothing I can say, but Danny just wins....he just wins. He wasnt/isnt being fast tracked to being a star. He's being matched in good/hard fights and he always comes out the victor. That has to count for something, so I'm not gonna disrespect his accomplishments. He's coming up the old fashioned way and all I can do is :salute: him for doing what he's supposed to do.

Really, he deserves a "soft" touch in Lamont Peterson, because he's taken on all opponents and at the time, they were considered good matchups for him. After he beats them, then they get downplayed which by cause and effect throws shade on Danny's record, which isnt fair to me:yeshrug:

That's how it is on the internet breh

You undefeated you ain't fight nobody

You catch your first L you're exposed

You beat someone that's undefeated they were over hyped

You beat somebody with Ls they been beaten before who cares

As far as Swift is concerned you can't be surprised...Angel said it himself in regards to Matthysse he's king Kong now N once we beat him errybody will say he's a bum

Fight **** as a step up, HBO rooting for **** you get the W N its ehhh who cares

A roided out Lamont beats **** 2 years later N muhfukkers running around saying hes better then Swift N Matthysse:camby:

Morales gives Chino hell is the champ N doesn't make weight...young Swift Wins N its ehhh who cares

Khan is the favorite "king" of 140 hasn't been kod in forever....Swift blasts that nikka in epic fashion....ehhhh who cares Khans chinny

The nikka cleaned out his division is undefeated N should be undisputed N can't even make it on the Ring P4P list:aicmon:

That's why I don't blame them for taking an easy touch N staying at 140....then gradually work they way up to 147....fight Floyd now for what?? Take a L have errybody "confirm" that you "average" then get thrown to the wolves at 147 fukk all that:rudy::rudy:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
That's how it is on the internet breh

You undefeated you ain't fight nobody

You catch your first L you're exposed

You beat someone that's undefeated they were over hyped

You beat somebody with Ls they been beaten before who cares

As far as Swift is concerned you can't be surprised...Angel said it himself in regards to Matthysse he's king Kong now N once we beat him errybody will say he's a bum

Fight **** as a step up, HBO rooting for **** you get the W N its ehhh who cares

A roided out Lamont beats **** 2 years later N muhfukkers running around saying hes better then Swift N Matthysse:camby:

Morales gives Chino hell is the champ N doesn't make weight...young Swift Wins N its ehhh who cares

Khan is the favorite "king" of 140 hasn't been kod in forever....Swift blasts that nikka in epic fashion....ehhhh who cares Khans chinny

The nikka cleaned out his division is undefeated N should be undisputed N can't even make it on the Ring P4P list:aicmon:

That's why I don't blame them for taking an easy touch N staying at 140....then gradually work they way up to 147....fight Floyd now for what?? Take a L have errybody "confirm" that you "average" then get thrown to the wolves at 147 fukk all that:rudy::rudy:

Yeah, I feel you on that.

Garcia shouldn't rush it, because he would get thrown to the wolves at 147 if he loses to Floyd. Funny thing is though, Garcia is smart as fukk it seems in his interviews and without his Dad yelling and shyt:heh: He basically knows it isnt any point of rushing up to a crowded 147 yet, because it will just make him "another" fighter there instead of The Man like he is at 140lbs. He fights Floyd, loses, and then gets Thurman for his efforts?:snoop:

I felt like my boy AB was rushing it and he got what he deserved for doing so. I thought he should've acquired all the belts at 135, then moved into 140 when Danny left, THEN finally moved up to 147 which is packed and deep as fukk. It's the deepest division in boxing right now and you really cant take nights off there, because even the 10th ranked WW can beat you.

Danny should beat Lamont, then "ease" into 147 with a fight against say a Devon Alexander or Paulie Malignaggi....and that's not even a "easy" fight, but the division and GB is so talent rich at 147, those are like the easiest fights available with fighter's with a name.

No need for Danny to get the "exposed" label with 1 single fukking loss. That's bullshyt, so like you said, he might as well take HIS time, build up his "name" by becoming more vocal (even though he's a quiet kid and it doesnt seem in his nature to get in all that trash talking), and continue to win.

No need to rush to fight Floyd, because to be honest, shortly Floyd's gonna need to fight HIM more than he will need to fight Floyd:mjpls:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
he's a smart mofo. he basically did like Floyd. built himself up with TR then went on his own and worked on his own brand and promotion. after Floyd and Manny, he has been the top grossing boxer in the past couple of years. TR knows how to build fighters. Cotto has been a beneficiary of Floyd and Manny's success by being a common opponent.
Cotto also has a whole island behind him as well too, which doesn't hurt

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
right now for me, the most intriguing thing is...what are Stevenson and Kovalev's next steps. I think they should fight maybe another fight each then sign for a 2 fight deal with option for 3rd match. Even if its no KO, somebody is getting hurt.