Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Don't you EVER post this fight again:ufdup:

And sorry brehs, ripping and running all day. No Broner didn't use the shoulder roll years back
That's why whenever he gets in deep trouble in the ring, he immediately resorts back to his most "natural" defense.
My bad, B.

So here we go, like I said, Hilario Zapata was still king yet, he had already been exposed for not having the strongest chin in the world, but with his long limbs, movement, and boxing ability he could usually avoid the perils of getting that chin tapped. Out of Korea, came a young, hard hitting tornado who went by the moniker "The Korean Hawk" (It's seems to always be some bird, doesn't it) and future hall of famer (first from South Korea) and one of if not the greatest Korean fighter of all time...Jung Koo Chang. They first fought, in Korea, where Chang battered the champion around the ring for most of the fight yet and still lost via Split Decision, in his own hometown. Despite the decision, Chang would be granted a rematch less than a year later against a champion who needed SIX tries to make weight. Would the weight loss effect Zapata's performance, would Chang let the fight go back to judge's hands where had already been wronged, will the hawk take flight into boxing royalty?........​

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/a-few-years-to-come-i-will-be-dr-lovemore-233714#more-233714

A few years to come I will be Dr. Lovemore
By Lovemore Ndou

Today is another great day in my life as I graduated with a Master’s Degree in Law.
I look at it as having taken another step towards my dream of making the world a better place to live. Again I have proved to others including the children of the world that nothing in this world is impossible just like the Great Nelson Mandela, the man I modeled my life on once said that ‘It always seems impossible until it’s done.’

I started school 4 years late for any average child to start school due to political problems in South Africa. I was 9 years old when I started school. Not only was I four years late to start school but I also had to find a job to pay for my tuition. I had to work for rich and racist white folks as a gardener so I could pay for my school uniform and books. I would go to school in the mornings and late in the afternoons I would go do some white guy’s gardening, wash his cars, clean after his children, dogs and cats. I would get paid next to nothing at the end of the month and I would have to save my slave wages for up to 3 months sometimes before I could afford to pay for my school uniform. I would walk to school barefoot and when I eventually could afford to buy a pair of shoes I would wear the same shoes to school, church and even exercise in them. I would wear them out until they looked like they had big lips on them. If you ran into me you would think my shoes were smiling at you. That is how bad things were. My family was so poor sometimes a day or two would go by without a meal.

Today when I look back at all those things I never feel sorry for myself. As a matter of fact I am very grateful and thankful to God for that because whatever I experienced growing up shaped me into a better person that I am today. A strong minded person that never gives up until I achieve what I aim to achieve.

I remember when I took up boxing some people laughed at me and called me crazy. They told me there were too many good fighters and natural talents out there and I should find a day job if I were to make it in this world. But that never deterred me from chasing my dream. From the day I took up boxing I accepted the fact that I wasn’t going to be successful in every fight; knowing that never stopped me from at least trying. I accepted that along the way I was going to have a few setbacks but I told myself that whatever setbacks I would face along the way I was going to regard them as a setup for a comeback. And it worked for me. I was 37 years old when I won my first world boxing title (IBF Jnr Welterweight), 39 years old when I won my second (the IBO Welterweight title) and almost 41 years old when I won the WBF Welterweight title. And I believe I can still win two or three more world titles if I choose to. I already know the secret to success in this sport. It’s preparation, preparation and preparation.

I bring the same attitude to my studies. When I took up University Studies I was told I was never going to make it. I was told boxers don’t have what it takes to become an academic. Boxers are boofheads like footballers I was told. I was told I wouldn’t have enough brain cells left to make it through primary school if I were to go back to school due to too many hits I have taken to the head through my boxing career. I was told I probably was already a loony and was in fact mistaking university for a mental institution. But that never deterred me from chasing my dream. Today I hold Bachelor Degrees in Communication, Psychology, Law, and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. I am a licensed solicitor and practicing on a full time basis while pursuing further studies. And today I just added a Master’s Degree to my collection. Next year I will be pursuing a Ph.D in Law. A few more years from today I will be addressed as Dr. Lovemore.

What a lot of people don’t even know is that growing up in South Africa I didn’t go to the best schools at all. I went to some of the worst schools in the world. Blacks in South Africa were offered the worst education you could ever imagine. We were offered what was termed ‘Bantu’ education.

In 1953 the South African government passed the Bantu Education Act which truly was just another way of oppressing black people. This Bantu education was to make sure that black children learn only things that would make them good only for what the government wanted. The white kids on the other hand were getting the best education. In true sense the Bantu Education Act was one of apartheid’s most offensively racist laws. It brought African education under control of the government and extended apartheid to African schools. This however never deterred me from pursuing my dream. I knew in order to gain respect in my own country or be seen as an equal to the ruling white minority I would have to improve my education. Thanks to my idol Nelson Mandela and my parents who kept reminding me that knowledge is power. It is through Nelson Mandela that I learnt that my name or skin color is no barrier to success and that nothing is impossible in this world.

Today I look at Nelson Mandela and know that he might not be in this world anymore but his legacy will remain forever. His legacy is solidified. He was able to do what he conceived to be his duty for the people of South Africa only because he was educated. He was able to lead the emancipation of South Africa from white minority rule to a democratic South Africa only because he was educated. He was able to make South Africa a free country for all only because he was educated. I choose to follow in his footsteps. I believe that someday I will run the country of South Africa. And I will run it for the better. I believe that South Africa needs someone like me. Someone who will carry the spirit of Nelson Mandela.

What is happening today in South Africa is a joke. You have a man (Jacob Zuma) who has year 5 education running the country down the gutter. Self-enrichment is the norm. There is no equal distribution of national resources. Those in power only take care of themselves, their families and friends. The mass continue to suffer. They continue to live in shacks while Zuma and his friends live in mansions. Where is the free education that was promised to the children of South Africa? This is not the South Africa Nelson Mandela fought hard for. This is definitely not the South Africa he sacrificed 27 years of his life and family in prison for.

I have said it in the past and I will say it again that the only thing that will ever help me find peace, real happiness and tranquility will be seeing a South Africa with educated children. I believe that is exactly what Mandela fought hard for. Once I get involved in active politics in South Africa the first thing I will be targeting is education. I want someday to be remembered as a man who fought for the education of South African children. That is my dream.

9aocv7.jpg

^^My literal reaction.......

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd Mayweather responds to Adrien Broner trainer saying he can't build a champ

Damn Floyd Sr was saying what I said earlier. "Broner is doing what Broner want to do, and then he (referring to the trainer) can't do what he wanna do. Anytime Broner doing the roll, and he ain't got Broner doing the roll..."

"If a trainer don't want you doing the shoulder roll, you shouldnt be doing the shoulder roll"

"If he wanna know how to do it right, he better come see the right people"

Last edited:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps

This is the face of a 3x world champion in 3 different weight divisions I am a man and first of all I want to say I'm sorry for running out on all the fans after my fight that was wrong of me as a fighter I want to congratulate team CHINO and I want to thank everybody that supported the fight but I am not done this is just a minor set back for a major come back #RematchTIME#TrueFIGHTER

@Newzz let them throw dirt now

because when he wins the rematch we'll bury them with it

and dance on their graves :blessed:

adrien-broner-dancing-b4-fight.gif

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Floyd Mayweather responds to Adrien Broner trainer saying he can't build a champ

Damn Floyd Sr was saying what I said earlier. "Broner is doing what Broner want to do, and then he can't do what he wanna do. Anytime Broner doing the roll, and he ain't got Broner doing the roll..."

"If a trainer don't want you doing the shoulder roll, you shouldnt be doing the shoulder roll"

Floyd Joy :smugdraper:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

:wow:
WithWithout
W-L2-410-9
PPG97.2101.3
Opp PPG105.5102.8
PPG Diff-8.3-1.5

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Great read on Magomed Abdusalamov's condition from ESPN, sounds like his Russian promoter is picking up the tab for his $3,000 a day neurological rehab. :clap:

“No Left Bone Flap” reads a sign above Magomed Abdusalamov, who used to be a sturdy-looking man, with exemplary posture and a collection of muscles that suggested he put them to use frequently and successfully. He's lying in a bed at Roosevelt Hospital, in Manhattan, in the space reserved for patients who have suffered neurological damage.
There is a considerable indentation in Mago’s skull on that left side, which his younger brother Abdusalam avoids as he presses his left hand to his older brother’s brow, to check for fever.
It is 46 days since Mago, a Russian born and bred heavyweight boxer, stepped into the ring at the Madison Square Garden Theater in Manhattan against Cuban Mike Perez and left a changed man.
Today, Mago, 32 years old, lies in a bed at Roosevelt, which has a trauma center, the one Mago was rushed to when he began to vomit. It was not that long after losing a 10-round unanimous decision to Perez.
Mago very nearly lost his life. There is hope he will continue to show improvement. So I didn't feel the level of sadness and despair that I had anticipated when I stepped into his room on the neuro unit Wednesday night. I was ushered in by the 28-year-old Abdusalam, who speaks just a bit of English.
I spent a few hours in that room, pondering Mago’s future, and the future of boxing, and left with mixed emotions. Mostly I felt the devotion and purity of love that Mago’s brother showed in that hospital room. It overrode any sorrow or hopelessness that crept into my head.
An old man shared the room with Mago, and there were some cards and flowers next to his bed. Next to Mago’s bed is a helmet hanging on a pole, which also holds the liquid nourishment feeding him intravenously. That helmet will be put to use when he is transferred to a rehab facility in New Jersey perhaps as early as Thursday, where he'll be getting treatment in hopes that he will regain the ability to walk and talk.
No. He'll never fight again.
Mago’s eyes open, intermittently. His chest rises and falls. There is a tube running from his neck to a machine to his right. He is breathing on his own, though, no longer attached to a ventilator. The ventilator was necessary after he arrived at the hospital postfight with a blood clot and subdural hematoma in his brain.
He has lost weight and muscle mass since he showed that warrior physique and resolve, when he was still looking to land that one game-changer left hand in the waning seconds of his fight with Perez. His pupils are fixed on the ceiling, and he swallows.
Once every 20 or so minutes, the little brother -- there are seven Abdusalamov children, two men and five women -- walks to Mago’s side. With his left hand, he touches the damaged man’s forehead, monitoring his body temperature. During the course of my visit, the brother proves himself to be invested heavily in the care of Mago. Abdusalam, who has boxed but told me he will never again lace on the gloves, doesn’t speak while he takes a tissue smeared with anti-bacterial liquid and wipes Mago’s face. He does so tenderly, the same way he wipes Mago’s lips with another tissue smeared with moisturizing lotion.
“Mago,” he sometimes says to his big bro, testing his response. Mago doesn’t respond, not vocally anyway, though that’s not to say he isn’t aware of things going on in the room. Little brother tells me Mago follows motion with his right pupil, and I am pleased to note I saw Mago follow motion with his left pupil late in my visit, when Abdusalam moved his palm from left to right, in front of Mago’s face, testing the response.
"How are you doing?" I ask the brother early in my visit.
“Sad,” he admits. “Morning, day, night here. Sleep, no.”
Mago’s wife Bakanay visits from Connecticut, where she’s staying with their children, ages 6, 4 and 11 months. The kids haven’t visited Mago. It wouldn’t be right for them to see him in this condition. Abdusalam makes a motion, wiping his eyes with his hand, the universal symbol for weeping. Visiting would be too traumatic for them.
The brother and I make each other understood. The back and forth is aided when he uses an app on his phone to translate from Russian to English. “Mago very much loves his daughters. He never imagined himself in such a situation,” Abdusalam typed. “He always said boxing is my life.”
Now, after the brain damage, his life is not about boxing. But yes, it will still be about fighting. He will need weeks, maybe months, of rehab and the caring soul of a neurologist at Roosevelt. Dr. Rupendra Swarup, director of the neurosurgical ICU, said he is hopeful that Mago will continue to improve.
“He’s going to get better. I’m confident,” Swarup said. “But he will not be the same. He’s going to have neurological deficits.”
The indentation in his head told me that, I guess.
I don’t fall into a depressed state from my visit. I couldn’t, not when I was so awed by Abdusalam. I watch as little bro wipes some oil on his hands, lifts the blanket and begins rubbing it on Mago’s feet. A nurse comes in, observes the caregiving and says, “You’re a good brother.”
Late in the visit, I ask Abdusalam if Mago was a good big brother.
“Very good brother. Brother. Friend.”
In all that time, he never so much as tears up. He admits the experience is rough, but there’s no self-pity in his voice or body language. I am grateful he allowed me in to see Mago and want to give him something in return. “Can I get you something to eat?” I ask, making a fork-to-mouth motion.
“I OK,” he says. “Thank you. I cannot leave brother for a moment.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/boxing

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Damn Floyd Sr was saying what I said earlier. "Broner is doing what Broner want to do, and then he (referring to the trainer) can't do what he wanna do. Anytime Broner doing the roll, and he ain't got Broner doing the roll..."

"If he wanna know how to do it right, he better come see the right people"

:whew:
AB just got himself a new trainer

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael says the Cotto-Martinez fight is nearly done. He expects the fight to be announced late January.
Sounds like one of the things they are working through is that Martinez has a mandatory with Rubio, but with the magnitude of Martinez-Cotto the WBC will very likely allow Martinez to fight Cotto first and sanction it as a title fight (one of Cotto's requirements for taking the fight).

Last edited:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Gawd returns :blessed:

Anybody want any rematch betting action? :shaq:

@yawn I want my rematch :birdman:

Mares by KO in 6

otgtpg.jpg

Dan Rafael says the Cotto-Martinez fight is nearly done. He expects the fight to be announced late January.
Sounds like one of the things they are working through is that Martinez has a mandatory with Rubio, but with the magnitude of Martinez-Cotto the WBC will very likely allow Martinez to fight Cotto first and sanction it as a title fight (one of Cotto's requirements for taking the fight).

A fight with Canelo and a Danny fight on the undercard

at The Garden on PR Day Parade weekend would be :ohlawd: and sell well

But instead he moves up to fight a non PPV drawing Argentinian :dahell:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Mares by KO in 6

otgtpg.jpg

I think he wants the respect and recognition that comes from capturing a true championship from another weight class. Martinez is the best matchup he will ever get. He is a smaller 160 lb'er and has been the recognized real champ for awhile. A little risk a lot of reward for Cotto...outside of the money.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

GB didn't offer him PR Parade weekend to fight Canelo. They offered him a date in March. They didn't offer MSG either, they wanted the fight in Vegas

Cotto is not stupid. The Canelo fight will always be there win or lose

and don't dare tell me GB won't offer him the fight if he loses to Sergio when they got fukking Angulo lined up to fight Canelo next.