Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
On a note not on the big fights of the weekend. I saw that Dan Rafael of ESPN said that it is looking like possibly all GGG's big named opponents for his April HBO date are looking to rematch each other and won't be able to schedule a fight with him...due to that he's heard rumors of GGG vs. Kirkland being a possibility.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
On a note not on the big fights of the weekend. I saw that Dan Rafael of ESPN said that it is looking like possibly all GGG's big named opponents for his April HBO date are looking to rematch each other and won't be able to schedule a fight with him...due to that he's heard rumors of GGG vs. Kirkland being a possibility.
fukk no, Kirkland, stay away from 160 and don't let HBO hype you up...they're trying to cash him out already (But I'ma pretend like I wouldn't be all :lupe: come fight time :mjpls:)

GGG can't get Sturm, Geale, Murray, Soliman, J'Kam, Chavez Jr., Vera, Rubio, Martinez or Lee? And I've given Murray a pass thus far, but he passes on another potential GGG bout and I'm calling him p*ssy for them on. I won't ever refer to him as Martin Murray.....just, p*ssy.

Daniel Geale wants the Golovkin fight, so if it don't go down, blame HBhoe :camby:

Hell, give Mora that shot, his movement and outside boxing could prove to be troublesome........

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps

Floyd gonna vacate....... #1 Manny vs. #2 Luis Carlos Abregu (ANOTHER top rank fighter) coming soon for the vacant WBC championship in April. However, Manny is ALSO Timothy Bradley's mandatory.......

Decisions, decisions :mjpls:

:wtf:

FLoyd, you gotta be kidding me. How u not gonna fight him now that he needs the fight more than you do ?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Not sure if it's been discussed in here, but I'd love to see Maidana/Danny Garcia if Danny does move up.

I know some are suggesting putting Maidana in vs Floyd but GBP should try to milk this with a Maidana for a bit. If you put him against Floyd, the wave will settle & he'll get buried. At least vs Garcia we'll get a wildly entertaining fight if he loses.

SuikodenII

Daps
1312160909080105.jpg

1312160835180103.jpg

CANMAN_zps8d436de7.jpg

1zmphci.gif

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Not sure if it's been discussed in here, but I'd love to see Maidana/Danny Garcia if Danny does move up.

I know some are suggesting putting Maidana in vs Floyd but GBP should try to milk this with a Maidana for a bit. If you put him against Floyd, the wave will settle & he'll get buried. At least vs Garcia we'll get a wildly entertaining fight if he loses.
Basically Garcia/Matthysse Pt. 2 :mjpls: :bryan:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
fukk no, Kirkland, stay away from 160 and don't let HBO hype you up...they're trying to cash him out already (But I'ma pretend like I wouldn't be all :lupe: come fight time :mjpls:)

GGG can't get Sturm, Geale, Murray, Soliman, J'Kam, Chavez Jr., Vera, Rubio, Martinez or Lee? And I've given Murray a pass thus far, but he passes on another potential GGG bout and I'm calling him p*ssy for them on. I won't ever refer to him as Martin Murray.....just, p*ssy.

Daniel Geale wants the Golovkin fight, so if it don't go down, blame HBhoe :camby:

Hell, give Mora that shot, his movement and outside boxing could prove to be troublesome........
All according to Dan Rafael:

Macklin is trying to rematch with Sturm.
Andy Lee is calling out Macklin.
Chavez is inching closer to a Vera rematch. I don't think Chavez has talked about GGG, he has said he would fight Ward, but DiBella was like :whoa:.
Martinez looks to not be fighting until June and the favorite is now Cotto. Sounds like Cotto is negotiating some deals beyond just this fight.

Haven't heard anything about Geale - that would be interesting - better than Kirkland.
Murray can't travel to the US right? Not only is Murray committing to a fight an impetus, but HBO would have to set up a fight for GGG outside the US. Seems like they are trying to build him up in the US, specifically NY.
He hasn't mentioned anything on Soliman, J'Kam or Rubio.

Personally I wouldn't want to see GGG-Kirkland. The last couple rounds of Kirkland-Tapia were hard to watch, just because you knew Tapia was done and he was sustaining damage he didn't need to take. GGG-Kirkland feels the same way. Kirkland has so much heart he probably doesn't go away easily and takes more punishment than a man deserves to take.

SuikodenII

Daps
Haven't heard anything about Geale - that would be interesting - better than Kirkland.
http://www.boxingscene.com/geale-ready-sign-contract-golovkin-fight--72727

By Rick Reeno

Promoter Gary Shaw has advised BoxingScene.com that former champion Daniel Geale (29-2, 15KOs) is ready to sign a contract to face WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (28-0, 25KOs).

Earlier this year, Geale passed on a fight with Golovkin in favor of a bigger payday, which also gave him the opportunity to avenge his first career loss to Anthony Mundine.

Geale avenged his defeat to Mundine and then came back in August and lost a close twelve round split decision, and his IBF middleweight title, to Darren Barker. Since that loss, Barker was knocked out in two rounds by Felix Sturm, who Geale defeated in September 2012.

Golovkin returns to action on February 1st in Monte Carlo, where he defends his titles against Osumanu Adama.

"Daniel Geale is ready, willing, and able to sign a contract to fight Gennady Golovkin on HBO. After Golovkin has his fight in Monte Carlo, Geale is ready to fight him on HBO. Golovkin is a very good fighter, but Daniel Geale believes that he has the style to beat him," Shaw told BoxingScene.com.

3 days ago...

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

Ariza right off the bat chuckled. The "napkins," he explained, were pieces of gauze. "Maidana wanted to blow his nose," Ariza explained. So, that's what he did, he stated. And did he put anything in Maidanas' mouth? "No, of course not," he said. "People like to make drama. It was nothing. We shouldn't take away from the fighters' performance. He did all the work. We didn't do anything illegal

Maidana was tested in his locker room after the bout, Ariza said. USADA administered the test, which included a blood and urine sample, Ariza told me. And will he pass? "Yes, of course," Ariza said.

Last edited: