Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
Yeah, Broner definitely needs a new corner. The way they panicked in the beginning of the fight to me showed that they were gonna be in for a long night and IMO their attitude was completely unacceptable. When your fighter is calming you down, that's when you know :ufdup:

I agree. He needs some Ann Wolfe instruction to get that mind right.
Ultimately w/ Broner it's too things, focus and fighting at an appropriate weight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
awww. LOL. I'm glad you're still around. Don't let them run you outta here.

@Newzz is good...he's one of the few reasonable stans/actual boxing fan on this site...he was well aware of broner's issues way beforehand at what could derail him...it wasn't blind super stanning lol

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
@Newzz is good...he's one of the few reasonable stans/actual boxing fan on this site...he was well aware of broner's issues way beforehand at what could derail him...it wasn't blind super stanning lol

I know on thing, last night's fight was great for me on twitter. Despite the fact I went to twitter jail twice.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
He gotta focus on where his money is coming from......boxing. Leave all that rapping and touring alone. Seems like he spent a lot of training camp working on losing weight rather than building his stamina.

He stunned Madonna a few times in there but wasn't able to turn up the gas.

Exactly, that nikka wanna rap like Roy and have Floyd's image, but can't do neither one all that well.

Broner had enough time to train. They pushed the fight from Nov to Dec to give that nikka more time, but he just ain't focus on his priorities. I think he needed this wake up call. If he was as sharp as he was for Demarco he would have beaten Maidana down, but he half-assed it and paid the price.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fYOlLAB.gif

They wrong for this one :russ:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're too influenced by Mayweather's image and spout his mantra, "Hard work and dedication", but Floyd actually lives that....they just say it to sound good:snoop:

Floyd is a professional boxer. The key word? PROFESSIONAL. He's not doing music tours in between fights, ballooning up to 185 pounds in between camps, etc.

Money Mayweather is an image Floyd made up that he can turn on/off when the times right. People that try and live that way on the daily basis end up finding out the hard way that what separates them from Floyd is simple...."hard work and dedication".

you know what....the ballooning part is crucial. as far as his rap career and all that chit....thats not really an issue. the problem is, people should see....AB really isnt a great boxer. he is a fighter who relies on reflex. he is not terrible boxer, but being a great boxer couldve gotten him out of that jam last night. I really liked his talent when he came on the scene and thought he was good for boxing. I really didnt want to see him lose until here recently when I realized some of the stuff he was doing was not an act. he needs to be humbled but again....I think he been running game.

he really isnt as good as advertised. got away with doing that chit with lightweights because of physical advantages. he gotta up his boxing skills. its funny because someone here mentioned he was a more popular version of Lacy. that doesnt seem so far fetched now. Lacy was another guy who needed to up his boxing skills.

AB couldve stayed at 135 and focused on being great there and stepped it up gradually. No way he was gonna beat Maidana without using more movement and boxing skill. the problem is....no pun...but we thought he wouldve been able to outbox Maidana. you cant rely on power and speed. you gotta have some defense and ring generalship.

changing trainers sounds good and all but his issues are more complex than just that. he needs to be at a weight where he can be dominant.

what I would focus on him doing is....getting that rematch with Maidana. (not sure why they didnt have rematch clause) he can beat Maidana this time if he is prepared, then he needs to go back down in weight. maybe to 140 and dominate.

I think his whole team was too gung-ho to get him to PPV status before Floyd retired. the Maidana fight was more of an indictment of his boxing ability than his power at WW.