Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Money.

Goosen isn't as good at promoting fighters as GB.

GB is great at building up fighters and making them seem larger than life
Ward ducked his showcase fights over and over he has no one to blame but himself, in regards to Money.....:manny:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Hmmm Ward is trying leave Goosen once again and go to Golden Boy, interesting.............

Is money his motivations or is it HBO is trying to make him face a live Body?????????????

Money.

Goosen isn't as good at promoting fighters as GB.

GB is great at building up fighters and making them seem larger than life

im on the fence with ward doing this. goosen is not a big time promoter but has done a helluva job with ward imo. got ward in the super six, got all of his fights at home, no other fighter got that home advantage like he did in that tournament. goosen took him to hbo and made the dawson fight at 168, where? in his backyard. no to mention he's already getting good money at hbo, ward made 1.2 million against roderiguez. goosen has done his job, Period!

i think the question about ward is can he be bigger? if he thinks he can make bigger money and get more limelight with tr or goldenboy thenmore power to him. that contract he is in is fukked up. thats like a 12 year contract (from 04-16) :dead: i personally think, he needs to start with his management first. no disrespect to james prince but he aint gonna make ward the star he wants to be. i wonder how much it would be for him to buy himself out of his contract? this might put ward out the ring for a while, he better step his lawyer game up though if he wanna win this.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
im on the fence with ward doing this. goosen is not a big time promoter but has done a helluva job with ward imo. got ward in the super six, got all of his fights at home, no other fighter got that home advantage like he did in that tournament. goosen took him to hbo and made the dawson fight at 168, where? in his backyard. no to mention he's already getting good money at hbo, ward made 1.2 million against roderiguez. goosen has done his job, Period!

i think the question about ward is can he be bigger? if he thinks he can make bigger money and get more limelight with tr or goldenboy thenmore power to him. that contract he is in is fukked up. thats like a 12 year contract (from 04-16) :dead: i personally think, he needs to start with his management first. no disrespect to james prince but he aint gonna make ward the star he wants to be. i wonder how much it would be for him to buy himself out of his contract? this might put ward out the ring for a while, he better step his lawyer game up though if he wanna win this.
Co-sign 100%

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

I wouldn't blame Ward if he felt he could get better money or promotion somewhere else. But the question needs to be asked, who is he going to fight? Virtually all the serious players at 160, 168, and 175 are going through HBO right now.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I wouldn't blame Ward if he felt he could get better money or promotion somewhere else. But the question needs to be asked, who is he going to fight? Virtually all the serious players at 160, 168, and 175 are going through HBO right now.
BHOP the biggest money fight available for Ward..............

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS

your right! this is why I think he would sign with arum who basically has hbo by his palm right now. if he went to arum i believe a fight with kovalev, stevenson, bute, chavez, pascal and even froch get made for the money he's looking for.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
BHOP the biggest money fight available for Ward..............
But that is one fight...and BHop may have changed his mind, but I believe it was during Ward's fight before he had shoulder surgery, BHop didn't sound to interested in making that fight.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Hopkins wants no part of Ward. He said it straight to Ward's face that he wouldn't fight him for any amount of money
I get the vibe from Hopkins, not that he would duck anyone, but at his age and the fact he sets a record with each and every fight he will be trying to make fights against quality opponents he knows he can beat.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Hopkins wants no part of Ward. He said it straight to Ward's face that he wouldn't fight him for any amount of money
Trust me, thats was BHOP poking Ward with a stick and being a smooth operator, knowing GB was running to showtime and that Ward needed a legit opponent, planting another seed in Ward head as did Mayweather shortly before that............

BHOP wants a ppv at a grand stage for his last match, and Ward is chasing the money, if Ward leaves Goosen and HBO this fight will be inevitable

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I get the vibe from Hopkins, not that he would duck anyone, but at his age and the fact he sets a record with each and every fight he will be trying to make fights against quality opponents he knows he can beat.
But would drop to 160 for Mayweather he was trolling Ward....

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I believe the biggest fight available for Ward is against JCC Jr.....at least money wise:manny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie is a bad fight for Danny. He could upset him. The boxing ability and hand speed could really give Danny problems. He should beat Paulie but its very risky. At the same time though...we cant really use the Judah fight as much of a reference because Zab really couldnt pull the trigger against Paulie. Zab made Paulie look much better than he should have.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ward has options, it's just that he don't wanna take any risks to make them happen. He wanna stay in his backyard and dictate everything thing.

He already blew the Froch rematch which would of gotten him some good bread. He better jump on Stevenson or Kovalev before they have a setback.

I don't think Chavez Jr is that big of a pay day anymore since his fight with Vera. It'll get Ward paid, but nobody really wants to see that shyt and a win won't really do anything for him.