Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Co-signs to the fullest, not too many fighters get worse than Canelo quitting ass

Yeah, I'm keeping my word. Floyd destroyed him.......no excuses.

Even Victor Ortiz in his 3 rounds was doing better than Canelo and Ghost:snoop:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Khan wont quit like like Canelo bytch ass, he may drop over and over but he wont quit getting up, and he damn sure wont sit on the ropes taking punishment. Khan is a throwback fighter that rather goes out on his shield, than hid in his shell, even though he doesnt stand a chance here yall underestimate him. Dude has massive heart........

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same Mayweather fights ya'll are watching. I didn't see Canelo quit. I saw him try to do his thing while getting soundly out pointed. His stamina was his undoing since he couldn't up his work rate. If you're not prepared to throw at least 800 punches for 12 rounds, you're not beating Floyd. Floyd was already giving dude too much respect and doing just enough to beat him. Saul couldn't even capitalize on that though. He didn't take as many flush hard shots as Guerreo did so he was somewhat competitive during the rounds, but just not winning enough of them (I thought he narrowly got about 3) nikkas kept saying he was going to get the Gatti treamtment and he basically got the Sosa treatment instead and this is after Trout exposed dude's limitations. I know it's hard to be objective when it comes to Floyd for some of ya'll. Its like nikkas gotta warp the fight into something they thought it would be instead of what it really was.

Khan got heart tho. Nobody can deny that. Its just that heart and a shytty chin will only take you so far. It might get you past the Julio Diazs of the world (and barely at that :heh:) but it won't get you nowhere as far against the higher tier guys let alone a Floyd Mayweather Jr.

shyt, Wlad got heart too. He kept getting up from them left hand bombs Sanders was painting his face with, but that shyt ain't make no difference in the end. Wlad's heart would have gotten him killed against a nikka like Foreman or Shavers.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't have a problem with Floyd fighting Amir. I don't get into that nonsense about whether he "deserves" the fight or not...all that matters as far as Floyd/GBP/Showtime is who is a big enough name to generate attention and PPV buys and there really aren't that many dudes out there for FLoyd to fight due to promotional issues, weight disparities or cable channel issues.
Amir is a big enough name and despite his spotty record has enough of a rep that GBP's marketing team can totally bamboozle folks into thinking he is a credible threat to Floyd plus Khan's perceived as being suscep knocked out would make him very appealing to Floyd because it would up the chances of there being a flashy KO instead of yet another long drawn out decision.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same Mayweather fights ya'll are watching. I didn't see Canelo quit. I saw him try to do his thing while getting soundly out pointed. His stamina was his undoing since he couldn't up his work rate. If you're not prepared to throw at least 800 punches for 12 rounds, you're not beating Floyd. Floyd was already giving dude too much respect and doing just enough to beat him. Saul couldn't even capitalize on that though. He didn't take as many flush hard shots as Guerreo did so he was somewhat competitive during the rounds, but just not winning enough of them (I thought he narrowly got about 3) nikkas kept saying he was going to get the Gatti treamtment and he basically got the Sosa treatment instead and this is after Trout exposed dude's limitations. I know it's hard to be objective when it comes to Floyd for some of ya'll. Its like nikkas gotta warp the fight into something they thought it would be instead of what it really was.

Khan got heart tho. Nobody can deny that. Its just that heart and a shytty chin will only take you so far. It might get you past the Julio Diazs of the world (and barely at that :heh:) but it won't get you nowhere as far against the higher tier guys let alone a Floyd Mayweather Jr.

shyt, Wlad got heart too. He kept getting up from them left hand bombs Sanders was painting his face with, but that shyt ain't make no difference in the end. Wlad's heart would have gotten him killed against a nikka like Foreman or Shavers.
Dude Canelo quit from round 3 on, he resorted to fouling, then in the later rounds all fat boy was doing was throwing shots at the hip and lay on the ropes taking a ass whipping

There is a reason Canelo has been completely mum after that shytfest......

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Dude Canelo quit from round 3 on, he resorted to fouling, then in the later rounds all fat boy was doing was throwing shots at the hip and lay on the ropes taking a ass whipping

There is a reason Canelo has been completely mum after that shytfest......

Dude got rough no lie, but that's no quit job. Dude was frustrated, but saying he quit is putting him in the same category as Zab with Khan and Ortiz with Maidana. He just ain't have the (I'm in awe of Floyd) mentality that so many opponents end up having. The thing is he took it further with the fouls, but you acting like he was on some Hopkins shyt.

Canelo been quiet cuz the lost humbled his ass.

We'll just have to agree to disagree when it comes to our views on that fight. Canelo got schooled, but when I compare his performance to guys like Marquez, Shane, and Guerrero he didn't look as outclassed as they did and seeing that he was less experienced than they were it's not the end of the world.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Khan wont quit like like Canelo bytch ass, he may drop over and over but he wont quit getting up, and he damn sure wont sit on the ropes taking punishment. Khan is a throwback fighter that rather goes out on his shield, than hide in his shell, even though he doesn't stand a chance here yall underestimate him. Dude has massive heart........

This.....

I dont dislike Khan. I wouldnt say he is one of my favorite fighters, but I respect him. Khan doesnt have a chin but he has the heart and he can fight. Its just difficult for him to get through fights with top level opposition without his chin being tested. I just dont believe he is deserving of fighting Floyd with all things considered. I cant be mad at him if he gets the fight tho.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
what was our bet? completely forgot

barker is giving sturm that work :umad:

One Week avi bet and your 15k in coli cash vs my 15k in coli cash

I already got your new avi picked out :shaq:
So we gonna act like Floyd vs Khan ain't gonna be better than Floyd's last 2 fights? :usure:

At least Khan is gonna bother Floyd with his hand and foot speed.....Guerrero and Canelo were sparring partners for Floyd. I think they COMBINED to win about 2 or 3 rounds out of 24:snoop:

Khan is gonna have a better performance against Floyd than those 2.

:salute:It's no doubt Floyd would win but Khan would give no fukks and come at him like a hurricane and the fight would be exciting

Package that with a Garcia vs Peterson and another good fight and it does 1.2m easy

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If Barker loses clearly to Sturm, that would shock the fukk outta me right now. Especially the Barker that showed up against Geale.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.badculture.net/first-look-at-usher-as-sugar-ray-leonard/
usher-in-ring-on-stool.jpg

PANAMA -

Grammy award winning R & B crooner Usher Raymond has been diligently preparing for his role as Sugar Ray Leonard in the upcoming bio-pic, “Hands of Stone.”

In a recent interview with Men’s Health magazine, Raymond spoke of the rigors of training to carve his body into shape to closely resemble the iconic 146 pound world champion.

“What he did as a boxer is no different from what I do as a dancer…I train like an athlete every day, believe it or not. My commitment to this character demands that I not only physically get ready, but also become him. The hair, the personality, the manner he conducts himself in—all that.”

Here are the first pictures of the singer that have surfaced since production started.