Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh::gladbron::ooh::steviej:
GK1YsQt.jpg

:what:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Rodriguez made weight this morning

Now this nikka Ward wants 45% penalty of Rodriguez purse or he's threatening no fight :beli:

I highly doubt Ward would hurt his relationship with the fans/HBO and cancel the fight

But if he were to win this, beat Edwin and then get 45% of his purse :banderas:

That's some shrewd shyt. Hopkins would be proud :smugbiden:

@yoyoyo1 please make a betting thread for the Ward fight

Last edited:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I highly doubt Ward would hurt his relationship with the fans/HBO and cancel the fight

But if he were to win this, beat Edwin and then get 45% of his purse :banderas:

That's some shrewd shyt. Hopkins would be proud :smugbiden:

@yoyoyo1 please make a betting thread for the Ward fight

he already did

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I see no problem with what Ward is doing.

You were supposed to make weigh in YESTERDAY.....not get another day and try and make weight then:ufdup:

You didnt make it, you weighed in overweight because of your own unprofessionalism, now you still want to receive your full purse without the penalty?:what:

SOG, The #2 P4Per in Boxing, is making this nikka pay up....fukk it. I respect it:birdman:

And Andre Ward aint losing no time soon so yall better get used to the reign:ohlawd:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
ward is a prick

trying to punish the guy because he asked for drug testing

until he takes the test he has a * next to his name imo

He doesnt really have to take ANY tests outside of what the Organizations call for. He didnt have a * next to his name when he beat everybody ass in the Middleweight Tourney did he?:usure:

"Legendary Boxers" from back in the 90s, 80s, 70s didnt takes these tests.....should we put *'s next to their name too?

I mean come on breh, besides, again Ward is only doing what's right when it comes to Rodriguez not making the weight. The WBA rules say at MINIMUM Ward should be entitled to 35% of Rodriguez' purse, not 20%. Second, when my boy AB didnt make the weight against Escobedo, Escobedo received double the amount of his original purse in order to fight (an 100+ % increase in salary)

Pay like you weigh Rodriguez:manny:

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I see no problem with what Ward is doing.

You were supposed to make weigh in YESTERDAY.....not get another day and try and make weight then:ufdup:

You didnt make it, you weighed in overweight because of your own unprofessionalism, now you still want to receive your full purse without the penalty?:what:

SOG, The #2 P4Per in Boxing, is making this nikka pay up....fukk it. I respect it:birdman:

And Andre Ward aint losing no time soon so yall better get used to the reign:ohlawd:

They agreed last night to 20% penalty N morning weigh in of 180

AFTER Rodriguez made weight this morning is when Ward decides he wants even more of a penalty 45%

That's the bytch move breh.... jus like Ward said Rodriguez shoulda asked for testing in the beginning negotiations not after things were agreed on...Ward shouldn't of agreed to 20% then change his mind the next day