Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
They agreed last night to 20% penalty N morning weigh in of 180

AFTER Rodriguez made weight this morning is when Ward decides he wants even more of a penalty 45%

That's the bytch move breh.... jus like Ward said Rodriguez shoulda asked for testing in the beginning negotiations not after things were agreed on...Ward shouldn't of agreed to 20% then change his mind the next day

The thing is though, Ward and his teams say they never agreed to 20% breh. According to Ward's attorney, the Athletic Commission automatically withholds 20% of the offending person's purse. The WBA rules state that the MINIMUM purse withholding when a person misses weight is 35% and 45% if the person doesnt try and weigh in again. They said Rodriguez never tried to weigh in again within the 2 hour period, so they believe they should get 45%. At worst, they want the 35% minimum.

I dont see how that's a "bytch move" when it's the WBA sanctioned rules:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Hayward CA
I see no problem with what Ward is doing.

You were supposed to make weigh in YESTERDAY.....not get another day and try and make weight then:ufdup:

You didnt make it, you weighed in overweight because of your own unprofessionalism, now you still want to receive your full purse without the penalty?:what:

SOG, The #2 P4Per in Boxing, is making this nikka pay up....fukk it. I respect it:birdman:

And Andre Ward aint losing no time soon so yall better get used to the reign:ohlawd:

#WardWarriors

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The thing is though, Ward and his teams say they never agreed to 20% breh. According to Ward's attorney, the Athletic Commission automatically withholds 20% of the offending person's purse. The WBA rules state that the MINIMUM purse withholding when a person misses weight is 35% and 45% if the person doesnt try and weigh in again. They said Rodriguez never tried to weigh in again within the 2 hour period, so they believe they should get 45%. At worst, they want the 35% minimum.

I dont see how that's a "bytch move" when it's the WBA sanctioned rules:manny:

I find that real hard to believe they didn't agree to 20% on Friday...Have you ever heard of these issues not being agreed to on Friday ??

They agreed to the morning weigh in but not the penalty :comeon:

Dont make sense at all

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I find that real hard to believe they didn't agree to 20% on Friday...Have you ever heard of these issues not being agreed to on Friday ??

They agreed to the morning weigh in but not the penalty :comeon:

Dont make sense at all

Im just going by what his attorney, his team, and what boxingscene is reporting:manny:

They saying that per WBA rules, their supposed to get a 35% minimum

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
he already did

I don't see it. Please link me to it.

anyone know what the actual amount of the purses are tho?

After yesterday's weigh in Ward gets $2m, Rodriguez 800k

But if Ward convinces the WBA to take the big penalty Ward gets 2.25m and Rodriguez gets 550k

If anyone thinks Ward is wrong for this, ask yourself why Rodriguez promoter Lou Dibella is shytting on Rodriguez and not Ward

Great business move by Ward and Rodriguez did this to himself.

Ward stay beating dudes in and out the ring :russ:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He doesnt really have to take ANY tests outside of what the Organizations call for. He didnt have a * next to his name when he beat everybody ass in the Middleweight Tourney did he?:usure:

"Legendary Boxers" from back in the 90s, 80s, 70s didnt takes these tests.....should we put *'s next to their name too?

I mean come on breh, besides, again Ward is only doing what's right when it comes to Rodriguez not making the weight. The WBA rules say at MINIMUM Ward should be entitled to 35% of Rodriguez' purse, not 20%. Second, when my boy AB didnt make the weight against Escobedo, Escobedo received double the amount of his original purse in order to fight (an 100+ % increase in salary)

Pay like you weigh Rodriguez:manny:
Those WBA rules :ohlawd:

Pay up Edwin :jawalrus:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see no problem with what Ward is doing.

You were supposed to make weigh in YESTERDAY.....not get another day and try and make weight then:ufdup:

You didnt make it, you weighed in overweight because of your own unprofessionalism, now you still want to receive your full purse without the penalty?:what:

SOG, The #2 P4Per in Boxing, is making this nikka pay up....fukk it. I respect it:birdman:

And Andre Ward aint losing no time soon so yall better get used to the reign:ohlawd:

I respect your view, but I take this stance on it. I am not going to say Rodriguez was unprofessional. Was Mikey Garcia unprofessional? They did a whole show on that nikka not making weight as P.R. cleanup. :what:
Ward is about to get a reputation for calling nikkas down. Ward was on the shelf for a long time and this was the ONLY fight he could really get for this date, where he would be able to maintain all his advantages such as fighting at home (somewhat) and shyt. There should be penalty but Ward's camp taking it too far. I'd be like if yall want 45% of my purse fukk it, you dont have to pull out because I will. Then what Ward/HBO?

Fair is fair. No need to Bogard the nikka. :why: