Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
That is why I am not a "make weight" fan. I prefer much more guys fighting close to their fighting weights and basically losing the extra weight by getting in top physical shape vs. cutting weight. But that is the culture of boxing, wrestling...it's not going to change.
Amazing how Ward and Rodriguez looked skinny as fukk. GGG looked pretty skinny in comparison to how we normally see him, and Alvarado looked like the walking dead.

Rios is the one who looks like a different person, I swear you had to tell me who he was sometimes.

Daps
Ward wants a weight limit of 175 lbs for tomorrow morning or he won't go in the ring tomorrow, Rodriguez has stopped trying to make weight....fight up in the air.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ward wants a weight limit of 175 lbs for tomorrow morning or he won't go in the ring tomorrow, Rodriguez has stopped trying to make weight....fight up in the air.
Interesting

Shameful that Rodriguez missed weight. Imo the penalty for missing weight is not stiff enough. I always thought it should be 50% of the purse to your opponent. The commission shouldn't get shyt though.

If it gets cancelled it's whatever :manny: I'm not watching the fight live tomorrow anyway.

Big UFC show > this fight

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ward fan I am not N first thing that came to mind was Ward was goin pull out of the fight

The 175 morning limit is pretty fair... that's 7 pounds over what Rodriguez shoulda weighed N it being in the morning there's still plenty of time for dude to put on even more weight

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You my nikka but:ufdup:

How is JMM a elite counter puncher , please explain concisely please

Dropped twice by a shot Barrera with a metal plate in his head
Dropped by Mayweather with a left hook
Dropped by diaz with a left hook
Dropped by Katsidis with a left hook
Dropped by Manny 5x with straight lefts

...and

Diaz stretchered due to counters
Katsidis career ended from coming forward aggressively eating numerous counters
Young Salido before he beat Guerrero schooled with counters
Manny.....well.... :deadmanny: from a counter he never saw

:manny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the funny thing is people crucifying Rodriguez for killing himself for a payday and biggest fight of his career. missing the point that...he is obviously a clean dude, meanwhile Ward deflects all of the testing criticism. the deck was already stacked against Edwin. I dont like to make excuses for fighters not making weight...but HBO does P.R. cleanup with Mikey.....:upsetfavre: lets see how they spin this to make Ward seem even more godly.