Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:
properly explain yourself mayne

its no offense breh...just callin it like I see it. slick black fighters can be the antidote to any style that is employed by fighters who are straight up and down and only average athletically. I could give examples but would be here all day. Mikey dont have to worry about that right now....but you can look at him and see where he is gonna have problems.

On another note, these are supposed to be world champions, but today more than any other time I dont really see any A-level black fighters against A-level Mexican fighters. A lot of it is due to circumstance and not many great black fighters in the lower weights today.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Donaire-Vic was the 50-50 fight I figured it was gonna be.

Donaire is what he is, just a good fighter. Huge amount of his success over the years has to be attributed to Top Rank's matchmaking. They have done amazing work as far as picking the right opponents & the timing of when to fight opponents with the exception of this year. Always been a very beatable guy and I'm glad this is being exposed for those who truly felt otherwise.

I think he couldve been better. I think he had the gifts to be a special fighter. Not that he wasnt beatable. I think at the lower weights he couldve done something special. Once he became a star he took the benefits that are afforded for stars. The matchmaking, the paydays, etc. Thats a lot of fighters though. If they dont have that fire and work ethic they wont be great. Ward is next. There really are no surefire HOF guys out there right now. Some have the potential but who has the desire?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
funny thing about Donaire though is, he is truly flabby and sick lookin and you can make a smiley for him without photoshopping it cuz he kinda got cut already. :pachaha:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#10 ranked Super Middleweight Thomas Oosthuizen vs. Ezequiel Maderna

This guy has gone to shyt lately, probably due to weight loss, I'm not sure he can compete at 175 we'll have to see. If his power doesn't carry up he's toast...

SuikodenII

Daps

#8 ranked Super Featherweight Takahiro Ao vs. Edgar Lomeli

Impressive but, time to step it up...

SuikodenII

Daps

#1 ranked Light Flyweight Roman Gonzalez vs. Oscar Blanquet​

Showcase fight at Flyweight, his new home, I wanna see him fight Viloria

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Donaire better not be looking Rigo's way next. He looked tentative, slow, and not in sync. Wonder how much of it is mental - coming off that big loss and the fact he doesn't "love" boxing anymore vs how much could be physical decline.
He still has excellent power, but it looks like he should take some fights against mediocre fighters to get on track if he feels like continuing to fight.

I have been saying for a while now, that I think at 130 and 135 Mikey Garcia could go on a Mayweather/Mosley run and dominate those divisions.
The thing that continues to surprise is that Mikey is probably a better boxer than he is puncher, and he is a great puncher.
He did look like quickness was something that could get in his kitchen as Garcia is not the quickest fighter, he is incredibly technically sound.

Wasn't on the board earlier, but I had Donaire and Garcia winning in my predictions. As I said above, Donaire didn't look impressive and if he is staying in the fight game he should take some fights to regain his form and confidence if he plans on competing at the top of the division. A Rigo fight now, I think he gets it worse than the first fight. Garcia is an excellent fighter. He looked bigger and stronger...even though he weighed in just a tic above 128. I like his prospects and think he can carry his power up through 130/135 as he continues to grow.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Ummmmm Andrade has arrived. He looked REALLY nice last night. Great craft, nice combinations, smooth defense.