Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#2 ranked Super Bantamweight Nonito Donaire vs. #7 ranked Super Bantamweight Vic Darchinyan (fought at Featherweight)

He needed this, but he'd never beat Rigondeaux. Might as well target JuanMa and get that out of his system...

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#1 ranked Featherweight Mikey Garcia vs. #4 ranked Super Featherweight Roman "Rocky" Martinez

He got sat down early but Mikey is damn good...not sure I'd put him over Uchiyama and/or Mendez just yet, I'll have to give it some thought

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i think mikey garcia is a top p4p fighter right now he reminds me of a mexican sugar ray leonard. hasent been a jab like this in boxing since ricardo lopez the way they both feint it he was freezing martinez with it he couldnt tell if garcia was feinting or stepping in hard martinez had all his thoughts dedicated on that jab and couldnt focus on the big punches. a lot of guys work the jab but garcia is a hypnotist with that jab

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a fan of Ward but they talk about him like he's the only guy in the division worth talking about, he gets dikkridden to the point where he gets overrated even though he's ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD without the worship.

Wouldnt say I am a fan of Ward's but I always thought he was a good fighter with potential to be a great but he is too much of a business man that it is hurting his ability to be great. when you have the talent you need to be concerned with making fights with all top fighters in neighboring divisions. that means eventually, you cant have ALL the concessions. his 1st career was guided carefully, then he won the Super 6. now that he is on elite level....the nikka and his team like fukk it let errbody come to us.

:beli:

that shoulder tear could be a sign of him juicing, then the nikka told Rodriguez you need to be negotiating drug tests :what:

I dont trust none of these dudes today EXCEPT Floyd when it comes to juicing.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think mikey garcia is a top p4p fighter right now he reminds me of a mexican sugar ray leonard. hasent been a jab like this in boxing since ricardo lopez the way they both feint it he was freezing martinez with it he couldnt tell if garcia was feinting or stepping in hard martinez had all his thoughts dedicated on that jab and couldnt focus on the big punches. a lot of guys work the jab but garcia is a hypnotist with that jab

reminds me of MAB facing lower opposition. :patrice:Martinez looking like a P.R. Manuel Medina. :lupe:
his career will be ok for now... because of whats around him.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i think hes more surgical than mab. and he is a bigger hitter. hes a mexican but if you could see past all of that you can see he is a lot more like roy jones or ray leonard in the sense that a lot of guys can box and a lot of guys can punch but its rare you get a fighter that puts all of that together thats not just outboxing fighters but hes knocking them out with either hand too. i think ggg is the only fighter with a higher ko rate right now.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think hes more surgical than mab. and he is a bigger hitter. hes a mexican but if you could see past all of that you can see he is a lot more like roy jones or ray leonard in the sense that a lot of guys can box and a lot of guys can punch but its rare you get a fighter that puts all of that together thats not just outboxing fighters but hes knocking them out with either hand too. i think ggg is the only fighter with a higher ko rate right now.

technically, Roy was not a good boxer. not that he couldnt be or that he didnt have a high boxing IQ because he did, but his style was unconventional and unorthodox which is why he started getting KTFOed after his reflexes declined. he basically used otherworldly reflexes to destroy fighters. SRL was a classic boxer puncher who was a finesse fighter. He had trouble with anyone who was athletically on par with him...even moreso if they had boxing skill.

as far as Mikey, he actually reminds me of someone else, though I cant recall exactly who that is at the moment. speed and slickness is gonna give him a prob. he wont have to worry about that for a while...like I said. still....it would be a good idea to keep him away from the bros.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Shinsuke Yamanaka stops Alberto Guevara in 9 for his fifth title defense at Bantam. 20-0 with 15 KOs. Feed me Mexicans.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
as far as Mikey, he actually reminds me of someone else, though I cant recall exactly who that is at the moment. speed and slickness is gonna give him a prob. he wont have to worry about that for a while...like I said. still....it would be a good idea to keep him away from the bros.
:what:
properly explain yourself mayne

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Donaire-Vic was the 50-50 fight I figured it was gonna be.

Donaire is what he is, just a good fighter. Huge amount of his success over the years has to be attributed to Top Rank's matchmaking. They have done amazing work as far as picking the right opponents & the timing of when to fight opponents with the exception of this year. Always been a very beatable guy and I'm glad this is being exposed for those who truly felt otherwise.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
I knew he wasn't special after the Vazquez Jr fight, Rigo exposed him to the rest of the world. Max was shytting on him all night, it was surprising.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS