Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Yeah, that was the original fight that Freddie Roach wanted him to pursue and HBO said they would do it. But Schaefer is trying to sell him on the multi fight package with a possible Canelo and Floyd $$$ fight.
Sounds like Sergio would be ready by June at the earliest. People don't seem too confident in a much quicker return for him.
If im Miguel I take the $10 million to whoop on Canelo and hopefully look good enough to get the Floyd rematch. Even though I think he'd have a damn good shot at beating Sergio. Why pass up that big ass payday?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Yeah, that was the original fight that Freddie Roach wanted him to pursue and HBO said they would do it. But Schaefer is trying to sell him on the multi fight package with a possible Canelo and Floyd $$$ fight.
Sounds like Sergio would be ready by June at the earliest. People don't seem too confident in a much quicker return for him.
I'd rather see Sergio vs. Golovkin/Murray winner in June/July

Cotto/Canelo would be :ohlawd:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
If im Miguel I take the $10 million to whoop on Canelo and hopefully look good enough to get the Floyd rematch. Even though I think he'd have a damn good shot at beating Sergio. Why pass up that big ass payday?
Exactly. Sounds like vs Sergio he would get considerably less than $10 mil. Maybe half? He could get $10 vs. Canelo and more if he fought Mayweather.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
East Side Boxing?
Yerp them boys trying to call #BandCamp a flat footed fighter with no room for improvement
:heh: idk what it is with those euro CACS me nor none of my fellow white boys would hate on something so young fly and flashy

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Yerp them boys trying to call #BandCamp a flat footed fighter with no room for improvement
:heh: idk what it is with those euro CACS me nor none of my fellow white boys would hate on something so young fly and flashy

I'm about to go make my mark over there breh:salute:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm about to go make my mark over there breh:salute:
Yall know I fukk with #BandCamp and these brehs are making OUTRAGEOUS statements like the can man is going to get TKO'd via late stoppage :heh:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz Don't bring any of that trash back over here :birdman:

ESB, Boxingscene, etc etc, absolute trash and cac cesspool :pacspit:

:lupe:

You right breh.....they gonna look me up by my screen name and try and infest The Ring:demonic:

I was waiting for my email confirmation to be sent, but you got me thinking different now. I might have to give them a pass.........for now:birdman:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol why do ppl keep pushing for this cotto mayweather rematch:russ:?
its pointless and is not gonna happen
him beating canelo doesnt qualify him for a fight, because mayweather already beat of them

i don't see cotto beating canelo btw
will be a great fight though

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
lol why do ppl keep pushing for this cotto mayweather rematch:russ:?
its pointless and is not gonna happen
him beating canelo doesnt qualify him for a fight, because mayweather already beat of them

i don't see cotto beating canelo btw
will be a great fight though
Most has to do with a financial standpoint. Who is left for Mayweather to fight that makes his PPV contract worthwhile?
Leading up to the fight everyone thought Canelo was 1 to 1.5 years away from really being ready for that fight, but financially for Showtime it needed to happen now. The Mayweather-Guerrero numbers seem to be stagnantly reported at 875,000 buys. Enough that I don't think Showtime is taking a huge loss...but not enough to validate the contract they gave Mayweather. They need to turn in 1+ million buys on each PPV.

Danny Garcia definitely has earned his way in to a shot vs Mayweather, but what will the interest be? Probably a lot of manufactured stories about how the fight will be closer than it really will be. And I have to imagine it would be a struggle to reach 1 million PPV buys.
Tim Bradley is the HBO version of Garcia. He definitely has earned his way into deserving a shot at Mayweather, but the interest?...Marquez clearly carried their PPV to what appears to be 385,000 PPV buys. Add in HBO and chances are slim.
Devon Alexander is on that doorstep...but no one wants to see him fight on a PPV. Hence why Khan's name comes up a lot. He may have enough popularity to bring in extra revenue...but you also risk losing revenue by not having enough interest since a lot of people won't take Khan seriously as an opponent.
Broner is the next logical option. They keep saying they won't fight...but when that $$$ is offered the odds probably change that. Broner still needs another year to boost his profile...and it would probably be a fitting fight as Mayweather will now be the hero and Broner the villain.
The Pacquiao fight will always do great numbers, even if it wasn't what it was in their primes. Still as long as Bob Arum promotes Manny, the odds are slim to none (closer to none).

Now Cotto...he is a free agent, although has been loyal to HBO. He is getting a revitalized image due to Roach being his trainer and going back to his body hooking style. He also is viewed as the fighter who gave Floyd the toughest fight he has been in maybe nearly a decade (and Floyd still won 9-3, 8-4 ish).
But Cotto will sell. His fans are great and would generate gate revenue and PPV buys.

It is a problem Floyd has that is unique because of his talent. You have worthy challengers in Garcia, Bradley, or Alexander...but we don't view them as worthy once they step in the ring vs. Floyd.
Add in the fact that Showtime's contract pays Mayweather so much, they have to shoot for maximum exposure to see return. That limits even further who can be viewed as viable opponents (along with the TR-GB feud, and the fact that Floyd never wants to work with Bob Arum).