Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
yes, he is NOW. but...from what I know, all that came AFTER boxing and AFTER Neuman. Bowe was good for about 14 mil when he retired (they said he made about $21 mil total), then the nikka went crazy, tried to join the Marines, kidnapped the wife, did that bid. I said he WAS better off (meaning when he retired initially). When Bowe first left boxing he was straight, or he wouldve never quit. Tyson had 2 careers and is still broke (from what he used to be). Holyfield made over 100 mil and he cant keep his damn house. Bowe didnt get fukked while he was boxing. The reason why he went broke had nothing to do with the ring. Thats my point about why he and Neuman always wanted to stay independent.

Breh, broke is broke your just arguing semantics now.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
@Jae Great interview !!! You do a good job asking questions and giving talking points but also letting your guest expound on their answer. Roy was really on point, hes really good in an interview setting much better than when he announces(not that hes bad at it). his points on the decline of our amature program and what he was saying about Freddy Roach was spot on. Really everything he was saying if not 100% on point was damn close.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, broke is broke your just arguing semantics now.

no I am not. I am staying relevant to the topic. you think that Bowe was gonna fight Tyson. I am giving you the reasons why he didnt. he never did because his manager did not want to do biz with DK. I am also giving you reasons why Holyfield and Tyson fought. It was all because of DK. Had Neuman decided to work with DK you wouldve saw Tyson-Bowe...but then they wouldve been under the control of DK. Neuman thought it was best to stay indy and sacrifice the bigger paydays in lieu of getting raped! My point was when Bowe retired he still had money but Tyson and Holyfield who earned 5x more than what Bowe earned INDIVIDUALLY but both had to continue fighting WAY past their primes.

in hindsight, not going the DK route was likely the best thing for Bowe. he squandered his fukkin money long after he left the ring and it had nothing to do with boxing!

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
no I am not. I am staying relevant to the topic. you think that Bowe was gonna fight Tyson. I am giving you the reasons why he didnt. he never did because his manager did not want to do biz with DK. I am also giving you reasons why Holyfield and Tyson fought. It was all because of DK. Had Neuman decided to work with DK you wouldve saw Tyson-Bowe...but then they wouldve been under the control of DK. Neuman thought it was best to stay indy and sacrifice the bigger paydays in lieu of getting raped! My point was when Bowe retired he still had money but Tyson and Holyfield who earned 5x more than what Bowe earned INDIVIDUALLY but both had to continue fighting WAY past their primes.

in hindsight, not going the DK route was likely the best thing for Bowe. he squandered his fukkin money long after he left the ring and it had nothing to do with boxing!

I was talking about your comments on him being broke, if it happened during his career or after his first retirement dont really matter cause hes broke now and living off charity assistance.

I understand why he didnt fight Tyson its because his manager was more concerned with getting his and saying fukk you to Don King than he was about doing his job in negotiations and making sure his fighter ate.
I mean the motherfukka not only walked away from the Lenox fight because he couldnt make Lewis accept a 90-10 split but threw the fukking title in the trash as one of the dumbest publicity stunts ever.

All that being said I can admit the fight wasnt very likely due to the egos involved but the type of money involved is the type of money that makes a motherfukka swallow they pride a bit and take a little less especially if your opertaing in the best interest of your client.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Yea DK had so many fighters on his roster back then. And the ones that werent with him wanted nothing to do with him.

That's why we never got to see a Roy Jones/Julian Jackson fight (which woulda been sick). Jones (and his Dad) wanted nothing to do with him.

But let everybody else tell it, Roy was ducking Julian just like Bowe was ducking Lennox :aicmon:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was talking about your comments on him being broke, if it happened during his career or after his first retirement dont really matter cause hes broke now and living off charity assistance.

I understand why he didnt fight Tyson its because his manager was more concerned with getting his and saying fukk you to Don King than he was about doing his job in negotiations and making sure his fighter ate.
I mean the motherfukka not only walked away from the Lenox fight because he couldnt make Lewis accept a 90-10 split but threw the fukking title in the trash as one of the dumbest publicity stunts ever.

All that being said I can admit the fight wasnt very likely due to the egos involved but the type of money involved is the type of money that makes a motherfukka swallow they pride a bit and take a little less especially if your opertaing in the best interest of your client.

of course Rock wanted to get his. I do happen to think his grip over Bowe was beneficial while Riddikk was fighting. thats what I am really trying to say. I dont know what happened to Tyson or Holyfield's monies. I just think if Bowe went under DK he wouldve grossed much more in his career than he did, but he likely wouldve been just like Tyson or Holyfield and never stopped fighting (even though those Golota fights fukked him up). I get what you are saying...he is poor now. I just think Rock did the best he could do with saving Riddikk from the pitfalls of the boxing game. The rest of the shyt that happened after....that was on him.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
of course Rock wanted to get his. I do happen to think his grip over Bowe was beneficial while Riddikk was fighting. thats what I am really trying to say. I dont know what happened to Tyson or Holyfield's monies. I just think if Bowe went under DK he wouldve grossed much more in his career than he did, but he likely wouldve been just like Tyson or Holyfield and never stopped fighting (even though those Golota fights fukked him up). I get what you are saying...he is poor now. I just think Rock did the best he could do with saving Riddikk from the pitfalls of the boxing game. The rest of the shyt that happened after....that was on him.

The thing is at the end of the day Bowe did the same thing Tyson and Holyfield did and kept fighting after he was washed. He "retired" for years and came back to fight a bunch of nobodies for peanuts then went and embarrased himself in a Muai Thai fight of all things. He atleast could have added some relevancy (to the casual fans perspective) to his name and increased possible future earning with the publicity and guaranteed fukkery that would have taken place between the Bowe and Tyson camps. Rock just wanted to fukk Bowe alone and didnt wanna share him with King its his perogative I guess but he should have been working in the best interest of his client not to the best interest of his own pockets and ego

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea DK had so many fighters on his roster back then. And the ones that werent with him wanted nothing to do with him.

That's why we never got to see a Roy Jones/Julian Jackson fight (which woulda been sick). Jones (and his Dad) wanted nothing to do with him.

But let everybody else tell it, Roy was ducking Julian just like Bowe was ducking Lennox :aicmon:

what you are saying is true....to an extent. DK had the game in such a headlock that eventually fighters that despised him had to join forces with him. he was manipulating the rankings and had the titles. Roy eventually had to deal with him to get the Ruiz and Tito paydays. Even Floyd was close to signing with DK when he came out of retirement. If DK was moving like he was a few years prior he would have. Desperation usually is the main motivation with signing with DK.

He was a great promoter and its my personal opinion that he was not as bad as people think in terms of ripping people off. Most of those guys werent about their business. When King initially came to the game he was more into strongarming. Eventually he had to become more savvy than that and nikkas was signing their lives away just to get opportunities.

My biggest problem with DK was....I think he was a guy that made a lot of false promises. His word was literally worthless. He's not the only one, but the problem was, when he didnt deliver on what he promised....he still held guys under contract. Sometimes for years. You had to be very smart to deal with DK and come out of the situation with at least the shirt on your back.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is at the end of the day Bowe did the same thing Tyson and Holyfield did and kept fighting after he was washed. He "retired" for years and came back to fight a bunch of nobodies for peanuts then went and embarrased himself in a Muai Thai fight of all things. He atleast could have added some relevancy (to the casual fans perspective) to his name and increased possible future earning with the publicity and guaranteed fukkery that would have taken place between the Bowe and Tyson camps. Rock just wanted to fukk Bowe alone and didnt wanna share him with King its his perogative I guess but he should have been working in the best interest of his client not to the best interest of his own pockets and ego

thats what I am talking about. explain that statement. maybe you know something I dont. i think it was in the best interest of his client whether he did it intentionally or not. when Bowe left the ring he was good. HE SHOULDVE NEVER RETURNED. He only did after he squandered his money. shyt, Holy and Tyson could never officially retire. Didnt they say Showtime and the IRS got all of Tyson's money from the Lennox fight? Even if that fight happens in Moscow, Tyson is likely not to see a penny from it. Thats how fukked up the business side of his boxing career was.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
thats what I am talking about. explain that statement. maybe you know something I dont. i think it was in the best interest of his client whether he did it intentionally or not. when Bowe left the ring he was good. HE SHOULDVE NEVER RETURNED. He only did after he squandered his money. shyt, Holy and Tyson could never officially retire. Didnt they say Showtime and the IRS got all of Tyson's money from the Lennox fight? Even if that fight happens in Moscow, Tyson is likely not to see a penny from it. Thats how fukked up the business side of his boxing career was.

He cared more about not getting the short end of the stick to King and by extension a bruise to his ego than securing his client the biggest possible payday period to a washed up Mike Tyson who he may have actually beaten and thats assuming King was able to trick him into signing a contract with out reading or understanding it which if your a proffesional liscened promoter shouldnt ever happen anyway.
That's why you negotiate in the first place.

Rock was his manager he should have sat down with King and hammered a deal out that didnt require 50 future options. Im not gonna say he would have succeded but he didnt even try look at his tactics with Lenox Lewis, they had a 32 million dollar purse set up and he wants 90% and since he didnt do it they ended up calling a press conference just to throw the title in the trash! What kinda of manager/agent does some stupid shyt like that? His client wasnt the bigger name and he lost to him already(albeit in the olympics) yet he thinks hes gonna get a 90-10 split? Then to completely and literally trash the WBC like that was a bone head move all around.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He cared more about not getting the short end of the stick to King and by extension a bruise to his ego than securing his client the biggest possible payday period to a washed up Mike Tyson who he may have actually beaten and thats assuming King was able to trick him into signing a contract with out reading or understanding it which if your a proffesional liscened promoter shouldnt ever happen anyway.
That's why you negotiate in the first place.

Rock was his manager he should have sat down with King and hammered a deal out that didnt require 50 future options. Im not gonna say he would have succeded but he didnt even try look at his tactics with Lenox Lewis, they had a 32 million dollar purse set up and he wants 90% and since he didnt do it they ended up calling a press conference just to throw the title in the trash! What kinda of manager/agent does some stupid shyt like that? His client wasnt the bigger name and he lost to him already(albeit in the olympics) yet he thinks hes gonna get a 90-10 split? Then to completely and literally trash the WBC like that was a bone head move all around.

good two way debate here breh :salute:

I dont remember Lewis being the bigger of the two. Maybe overseas but not here. Lennox had beaten nobody at the time. The main thing he held is hat on was the Olympic win. Meanwhile, Bowe still had the other two belts, he was huge at that time because he beat Holy. I dont see where throwing the other title in the trash was such a big deal. To back up my statement of that....Bowe's next two fights were against Ferguson and Dokes. He made a large amount of money for those fights warranted the risk involved. He was at the height of his popularity then and was getting all types of endorsements. (remember the Fruit of the Looms?) He had more endorsements than Jordan at the time. This is fact.

The thing that derailed the money train was Holyfield winning the rematch. Lennox wasnt doing shyt at that time. He beat Bruno then he met the right hand of McCall. Newman had an excellent strategy and it worked for the most part. Bowe ran through a string of undefeated fighters then came Golota. Thats what ended his career. Holyfield found new life with DKP. All in all, Bowe made a ton of money fighting nobodies and he was good when he retired even without facing Lennox or Tyson. Had he fought Tyson, he wouldnt have any more money today than he currently has.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
good two way debate here breh :salute:

I dont remember Lewis being the bigger of the two. Maybe overseas but not here. Lennox had beaten nobody at the time. The main thing he held is hat on was the Olympic win. Meanwhile, Bowe still had the other two belts, he was huge at that time because he beat Holy. I dont see where throwing the other title in the trash was such a big deal. To back up my statement of that....Bowe's next two fights were against Ferguson and Dokes. He made a large amount of money for those fights warranted the risk involved. He was at the height of his popularity then and was getting all types of endorsements. (remember the Fruit of the Looms?) He had more endorsements than Jordan at the time. This is fact.

The thing that derailed the money train was Holyfield winning the rematch. Lennox wasnt doing shyt at that time. He beat Bruno then he met the right hand of McCall. Newman had an excellent strategy and it worked for the most part. Bowe ran through a string of undefeated fighters then came Golota. Thats what ended his career. Holyfield found new life with DKP. All in all, Bowe made a ton of money fighting nobodies and he was good when he retired even without facing Lennox or Tyson. Had he fought Tyson, he wouldnt have any more money today than he currently has.

:salute:

Even if Bowe was bigger(though in hindsight overall they were probably roughly equal name's) for Rock to say take 90-10 or were not doing it was stupid. Even just a 50-50 split gives him a 16 million dollar purse but Rock was all about Rock if it benefited Bowe it wasnt his intention just hapenstance. I think if nothing else if Bowe fights Tyson his celebrity would be elevated enough that he could eat a bit more post boxing. Now I cant say thats a fact just my opinion on the matter. I think the fight didnt happen not because it was in Bowe's best interest I think the fight didnt happen because Rock didnt want to give an inch in his dikk measuring contest with Don King.

We both agree that he would have been broke either way but if he fought Tyson at least some of that money would have went to supporting his family which isnt a bad thing at all. That being said any dime that doesnt touch Don Kings pocket is a good thing in my mind I cant stand him or Bob Arum's trifflin ass

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Wlad Klit needs to come up for air from Hayden Panthairs crotch for 5 minutes and pay this man's medical bills.
It would be a fukking drop in the bucket for him.
So far $50,000 has been raised.......$$$ Mayweather could buy the entire hospital if he wanted :wow: