Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Y'all know Yoan Pablo Hernandez' older brother is a silver medal winning Olympic wrestler who fights for the UFC now?
6.gif

They said it last night during the broadcast and I was like :wtf:. What a family :wow:

I think they could fukk up Jon Jones and his brothers :mjpls:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
lol why do ppl keep pushing for this cotto mayweather rematch:russ:?
its pointless and is not gonna happen
him beating canelo doesnt qualify him for a fight, because mayweather already beat of them

i don't see cotto beating canelo btw
will be a great fight though

I agree cotto-mayweather 2 doesn't spark my interest one bit..it was a good fight but it wasn't a close fight to warrant a rematch

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
-Martin Murray returns 11/23 on the Froch/Groves undercard

-Nyquil Miguel Vazquez no longer has to face Ammeth Diaz again, per IBF, and can look to better opposition

-Lamont Peterson/Dierry Jean in either Feb or March

-Bermane Stiverne is suing Don King for forcing him to sign to get a match

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I can't wait to see Mikey Garcia give Rocky Martinez that fade. That nikka been getting by on the skin of his teeth with them close ass decisions lately. He should have lost twice already. :snoop:

Popi

The Greatest GOAT
Daps
I agree cotto-mayweather 2 doesn't spark my interest one bit..it was a good fight but it wasn't a close fight to warrant a rematch

I love Cotto but we do not need a rematch.

Especially with Big Floyd in Money's corner. Part of the reason the first fight was competitive was because Floyd willingly mixed it up with Cotto. He's not doing that a second time around.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now Cotto...he is a free agent, although has been loyal to HBO. He is getting a revitalized image due to Roach being his trainer and going back to his body hooking style. He also is viewed as the fighter who gave Floyd the toughest fight he has been in maybe nearly a decade (and Floyd still won 9-3, 8-4 ish).
But Cotto will sell. His fans are great and would generate gate revenue and PPV buys.

The problem is....Cotto 1st fight was not the most intriguing fight to begin with (Canelo was more intriguing), it was more a fight about star power. A rematch has even less intrigue. Still, it may be enough to get close to breaking even with PPV, but with the money they command now...I doubt it. I see it as a smaller fight than the first. When looking at who is the most intriguing fighter to match him against, that is obviously Bradley. We all know why that fight wont happen though. Alexander just hasnt done enough yet to help sell a fight. Swift is a good match that can be made but the intrigue is not there because people will say Floyd is picking on a lil guy..and it doesnt helped that he just beat the massive Canelo. Floyd may have to settle for Khan because of his drawing power but....Khan has no intrigue to me because he struggles too much against B-C level competition. He is really only a small step above Maidana realistically. He is not a top 5 WW and if he was still at 140 he wouldnt be top 5 there either.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyts kinda crazy because Danny is in fact bigger than Floyd

thats the thing about boxing. Broner is naturally bigger than Floyd too. look at that nikka back and shoulders. it took Floyd a while to get up to that weight. a lot of fighters melt down. a lot of guys are fighting a division, sometimes two divisions below where they could be comfortably. Floyd prob couldve started his career at 126.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Cotto beats Canelo, I believe that will open up a potential fight between Cotto and Danny. The winner gets a chance at Floyd which I believe can be Danny Garcia . All these will bring in the money GB is looking for. Chest moves at this point. If Danny loses, Cotto rematch with Floyd will make business sense and then have Floyd and GB push for something with :deadmanny: as a possible final fight. both sides are running out of options for their two greatest fighters so they can get a last big cash out.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
If Cotto beats Canelo, I believe that will open up a potential fight between Cotto and Danny. The winner gets a chance at Floyd which I believe can be Danny Garcia . All these will bring in the money GB is looking for. Chest moves at this point. If Danny loses, Cotto rematch with Floyd will make business sense and then have Floyd and GB push for something with :deadmanny: as a possible final fight. both sides are running out of options for their two greatest fighters so they can get a last big cash out.

Highly unlikely. If Cotto beats Alvarez, he goes straight to Martinez unless a Mayweather rematch is put on the table for him.