Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
:salute:on the excellent guest and I'll definitely be listening and calling in

I wish Abdusalamov or his corner could've thrown in the towel. The left side of his face looked horrendous in the later rounds.

Please everyone religious or not give him your prayers and good wishes.
Honestly though, it's nobody's fault. It's just one of the tragic tales of boxing that comes with the territory. When a guys is still scoring it's tough to pull him out, though the older I get the softer I get and I couldn't see my fighter with a visible injury continue, I don't care if he was winning or simply still in the fight. I often think about Wlad and Vitali's earliest loses and where they are now and you know, a loss isn't the end of the world, especially when you have an injury. But different cultures, background, upbringings create different monsters in this sport, some are too tough for their own good as well as their corner.

I can't blame the corner here, though in hindsight I would understand if they had pulled the plug earlier, and that goes for future bouts as well. It's like Ortiz-Lopez people were saying "HE QUIT AGAIN!" but it was legitimate BEFORE the x-rays came out (it was obvious something was wrong with his mouth/jaw), unlike the Maidana fight where he just NO Mas'ed the fukk up outta there

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
@Jae if you can ask Roy

his side of what happened with Fat Joe and the whole "lean back" thing
I've never heard him speak on it?

How is his pops doing ?

How does he feel about how his dad handled the early part of his career and specifically does he feel he held him back to long in terms of level of competition?

How close did he come to fighting Dariusz if at all and what utimately caused the fight to never happen?

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps

tumblr_mrmtrzzyRg1stk9xvo1_400.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Honestly though, it's nobody's fault. It's just one of the tragic tales of boxing that comes with the territory. When a guys is still scoring it's tough to pull him out, though the older I get the softer I get and I couldn't see my fighter with a visible injury continue, I don't care if he was winning or simply still in the fight. I often think about Wlad and Vitali's earliest loses and where they are now and you know, a loss isn't the end of the world, especially when you have an injury. But different cultures, background, upbringings create different monsters in this sport, some are too tough for their own good as well as their corner.

I can't blame the corner here, though in hindsight I would understand if they had pulled the plug earlier, and that goes for future bouts as well. It's like Ortiz-Lopez people were saying "HE QUIT AGAIN!" but it was legitimate BEFORE the x-rays came out (it was obvious something was wrong with his mouth/jaw), unlike the Maidana fight where he just NO Mas'ed the fukk up outta there

Exactly.

People make it out like he just quit.....he jaw was broken brehs:damn:

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
@Jae if you can ask Roy

How is his pops doing ?

How does he feel about how his dad handled the early part of his career and specifically does he feel he held him back to long in terms of level of competition?

How close did he come to fighting Dariusz if at all and what utimately caused the fight to never happen?

I hope he's feeling really talkative tomorrow. I'll let him warm up talking about his upcoming fight then we can ease into some other topics.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Chavez Jr. Walks Away From 160, Now Targets Bika
Posted by: Rene Umanzor on 11/5/2013 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rene Umanzor

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (47-1-1, 32KOs) has officially walked away from the middleweight division, according to Mauricio Sulaiman, the Executive Secretary of the WBC. While most expected him to stay at 168 after struggling to make the super middleweight limit for his controversial win over Bryan Vera in September. The weight limit had to be increased to 173-pounds a few days before the fight.

After the Vera fight, Chavez claimed that he was still capable of getting down to 160 for the big names, but that is now a thing of the past. Chavez is now targeting the WBC champion at 168 - Sakio Bika.

"We have received information that Chavez Jr. will remain at 168 pounds.....he is not registered as the official challenger in the division. He is located in the second position within the rankings, so he would have to make a fight against the number one [ranked contender] in order to challenge Bika," Sulaiman said.

Rene Umanzor covers boxing in Mexico for The Record.

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

JCC Jr vs Edwin Rodriguez is next then, being that he's ranked #1 contender by the WBC.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah, I know. But when RJJ was your guy growing up and watching him end his career the way he has is hard enough. That would haunt me. Lol.
The skill level of forcing Silva to stand up and box vs RJJ would be too much, I agree there is no chance...but it can't be my boy.
Yea, Silva went pro i think but had like 2 fights and lost one. Roy would whip his ass in a boxing match...but Roy is pushing the hell out of his boxing career.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Jae if you can ask Roy

How is his pops doing ?

those are great questions but the FJ one may be off the beaten path a bit today because it was minor. I heard him speak on it. Basically said him and Joe were cool back in the day and he shocked to hear that line. So he stepped to him at a concert and asked him what was up with that because he thought they were cool. Joe begged his forgiveness and said it was no beef. Joe didnt even write the verse anyway. :lolbron:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those are great questions but the FJ one may be off the beaten path a bit today because it was minor. I heard him speak on it. Basically said him and Joe were cool back in the day and he shocked to hear that line. So he stepped to him at a concert and asked him what was up with that because he thought they were cool. Joe begged his forgiveness and said it was no beef. Joe didnt even write the verse anyway. :lolbron:
:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

Ive honestly never heard this. Ive heard Fat Joes side about RJJ stepping to him but Fat Joe tried to make it sound like Roy aint want it cause of how deep Joe was rolling but I dont think Roy would be worried about a bunch of New York midgets and would have handled them cats dolo