Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Just deposited my $35 rebate check for the Floyd vs Canelo fight :ahh:

floydslow.gif

Winning !

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Wasnt Matthysse leading......

Is that Broners brother too..............:patrice:

Im pretty sure he could have hop skipped and jumped Garcia had he opened his mouth, they did wait til after the Paulie fight for a reason......

Ive said once before he gets no love until he beats Thurman, or Guerrero, since he wont fight Floyd or Garcia
Nah, the Matthysse fight was in progress of being talked about between the Garcia and Matthysse camps.
But agree with you on Thurman...I don't think Broner will be to eager to search a fight out with him.
Instead we'll probably get a Judah fight if he beats Paulie or something...:stopitslime:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Wasnt a ppv worthy card anyway

Yeah Im a spend my hard earned money on a guy that needs a gift vs Paulie, yeah right:pacspit:

we the only ones that think paulie won. Damn shame :beli:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If Al Haymon & GBP allowed a Broner/Mayweather fight anytime soon, they'd basically be admitting that they just wanna cash out on him.

If they're looking at Broner as a long term guy and somebody who they think could be heir to the throne, it would be in their best interest to keep him as far away from Floyd as possible
I don't think they would have higher hopes for Broner than they have for Canelo yet GBP served him up to Floyd. And Canelo actually has a country full of Mexicans that are willing to pay good money to see him fight pretty much anybody. Broner' ability to generate revenue as a headliner is still a question mark and his PPV being downgraded doesn't look good for him on that front.
The bottom line is that they could make guaranteed money on a Floyd PPV fight and still be able to push Briner as a future star because no one's career ends just because they lose to Floyd. Most dudes are expected to lose to Floyd anyway.
So the only obstacle to a Floyd/Broner fight would be if Broner bytched out because GBP, Haymon, Showtime and Floyd would likely be all for it.