Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
its like this. JMM is a counter puncher. one of the best the game has ever seen. the thing is..that one thing that makes him great...makes him imbalanced and vulnerable. so when he is in the ring, he really doesnt feel like he is losing, he feels like he can beat the guy. so in his mind if he loses a fight he can get it right the next time. it doesnt work like that though, not against fighters with above average IQ. JMM always thinks he can make adjustments when the fact is...he is great at one thing but average or even below average at other things...like leading and cutting the ring off. he basically waits for you to fire so he can catch you with his counters and win by points or KO. he is a guy who feeds off his opponents aggressiveness. if you are only semi-aggressive...he gets frustrated. he thinks he can go to the tape and say "look, every time he does this he moves to the right". when they rematch, Bradley will have known that is JMM plan and just change that one lil movement and say take a half step back. then JMM will want a 3rd match...and a 4th match...get the picture?
Oh I totally understand it this is a very good break down though. It's just JMM didn't get robbed or close to it. The fact that it was a SD was a joke. I agree with all your points completely. After the prov fight I don't think Tim would get baited into a brawl again, and if they fought again he'd easily outbox JMM again/

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
This RA/Floyd argument is still funny after all these years :russ: :bryan: @ the way things have played out since.

Both had good points and then had :huhldup: moments

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh I totally understand it this is a very good break down though. It's just JMM didn't get robbed or close to it. The fact that it was a SD was a joke. I agree with all your points completely. After the prov fight I don't think Tim would get baited into a brawl again, and if they fought again he'd easily outbox JMM again/

the nikka aint get robbed but he always gonna say that. the only fight he thinks he lost was against Floyd. and while I like JMM, that first Pac fight was bullshyt. the fukkin judge admitted he didnt know he could score a round 10-6. shouldve overturned the draw right there. If the 3 KD rule is in effect he doesnt get past the 1st round. luckily things happened the way they did though because we got 3 more fights out of it and JMM became popularized and became a legend. He is just talkin out his ass about getting robbed in any fight though.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
the nikka aint get robbed but he always gonna say that. the only fight he thinks he lost was against Floyd. and while I like JMM, that first Pac fight was bullshyt. the fukkin judge admitted he didnt know he could score a round 10-6. shouldve overturned the draw right there. If the 3 KD rule is in effect he doesnt get past the 1st round. luckily things happened the way they did though because we got 3 more fights out of it and JMM became popularized and became a legend. He is just talkin out his ass about getting robbed in any fight though.
I don't think he got robbed in the Norwood fight either, which everybody seems to thing he did. That was a stinker of a fight. That was supposed to be his coming out party, and he blew it

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he got robbed in the Norwood fight either, which everybody seems to thing he did. That was a stinker of a fight. That was supposed to be his coming out paert, and he blew it

I think HBO was being homers for JMM. They wanted so bad for him to get in the mix with MAB and Morales. The problem is...the opponent was all wrong. Norwood...a fast slick left hander with a non-aggressive style. Norwood had also been experienced fighting overseas and was 35-0 against decent opposition. All wrong for JMM and he looked bad in that fight. I never thought he won that fight. Then again, I never thought Hagler beat SRL either. When JMM had to go looking for Norwood, he couldnt find him. Too slow. I think Norwood made a stinky fight but I thought he won....and I have always admitted that I was in the minority for thinking that.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
After finally seeing Marquez/Bradley....JMM definitely lost that shyt. I don't think he got his ass kicked or made to look stupid though. For the most part the rounds were competitive, it's just that Bradley always did that extra work to edge it. He stayed consistent with his work rate and movement and just really neutralized Marquez whole style while also landing the better shots. I thought Marquez won 4 rounds at most. 5 rounds if your giving him the benefit of the doubt.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that bothers me too he's clearly his best at 154 and he can even crack some at that weight. I could see this fight having a good ebb and flow and quillin pulling away after round 7 with a possible KO

its simple. he gets more money being called up at 160. there have always been fighters like that. they are so good at a particular weight that they have marketability for bigger name fighters to pick on them whether calling them up or making them come down. it makes them hard to focus on winning titles at their best weight but the money is too good to turn down. look at Josesito. in the past 2 years he done fought in 3 different weight classes. you 140lber but u aint gonna turn down shot at title at 154.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After finally seeing Marquez/Bradley....JMM definitely lost that shyt. I don't think he got his ass kicked or made to look stupid though. For the most part the rounds were competitive, it's just that Bradley always did that extra work to edge it. He stayed consistent with his work rate and movement and just really neutralized Marquez whole style while also landing the better shots. I thought Marquez won 4 rounds at most. 5 rounds if your giving him the benefit of the doubt.

it was a game plan fight. JMM is a guy you can beat with a game plan. all Bradley had to do was stick to the game plan. he didnt make him look stupid..but he made him look old and like he would get nothing short of the same thing in a rematch.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
it was a game plan fight. JMM is a guy you can beat with a game plan. all Bradley had to do was stick to the game plan. he didnt make him look stupid..but he made him look old and like he would get nothing short of the same thing in a rematch.

Pretty much.....He needed to fight like he did the first round the whole fight, but we all know he's not capable of that. He'll be aggressive in spurts, but will always go back to his instincts which is to wait and counter.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Prov is somewhat overrated now...yes. I will say this about him though...I give him a better chance against Swift than I did Matthysse. I think Matthysse is a better fighter overall but LM is not a relentless and fearless pressure fighter like Prov. LM tries to box more than he should :pachaha: I still think Swift would do Prov the same way but it would be a tough fight. Prov vs LM? :meh: I dont know. Great fight....if LM can take it he would win and stop Prov. He could actually ruin Prov. I dont know if LM can take it though...I havent seen him under that type of duress.
Prov vs the #MatthysseMafia would be an excellent fight. Hard to tell how Ruslan''s chin is

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
its simple. he gets more money being called up at 160. there have always been fighters like that. they are so good at a particular weight that they have marketability for bigger name fighters to pick on them whether calling them up or making them come down. it makes them hard to focus on winning titles at their best weight but the money is too good to turn down. look at Josesito. in the past 2 years he done fought in 3 different weight classes. you 140lber but u aint gonna turn down shot at title at 154.
Thats a great analogy. Josesito's lost his last two fights but he's never been this popular or made as much $$$ he's an exciting fighter to watch.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if RA migrated over from SOHH. Funny after this floyd beat the shyt out of shane and cotto :heh:

RA says Floyd won't fight them. Floyd fights them and beats them convincingly and he still won't give Floyd his props :upsetfavre:

@yoyoyo1 please create a betting thread for the Hopkins vs Murat card

I'm going all in on Hopkins :smugfavre: