Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
RA says Floyd won't fight them. Floyd fights them and beats them convincingly and he still won't give Floyd his props :upsetfavre:

@yoyoyo1 please create a betting thread for the Hopkins vs Murat card

I'm going all in on Hopkins :smugfavre:
lol, I didn't make one cause it's like

Hopkins -900

Hopkins decision -900

Wilder -100000000000000000000000000000

Quillin -1000

its a really bad card.. but sure

edit: its up

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

re-watching this for the first time in a while this is without a doubt shanes signature fight. He beat the living shyt out of margarito and dominated him in every aspect of that fight. I remember watching it live and being stunned when they announced margs was cheating and I was stunned. fukk margarito though dude deserved the vicious ass beating he got, and getting his eye permanently fukked up for trying to pull that shyt.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

re-watching this for the first time in a while this is without a doubt shanes signature fight. He beat the living shyt out of margarito and dominated him in every aspect of that fight. I remember watching it live and being stunned when they announced margs was cheating and I was stunned. fukk margarito though dude deserved the vicious ass beating he got, and getting his eye permanently fukked up for trying to pull that shyt.

i actually bet on margarito on this fight and i wasn't even mad that i lost the dough when it came out about the wraps...mosley beat him like he stole something..but he wasn't the one that fukked up his eye

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i actually bet on margarito on this fight and i wasn't even mad that i lost the dough when it came out about the wraps...mosley beat him like he stole something..but he wasn't the one that fukked up his eye
oh no I know manny fukked his eye up. Just saying he deserves whatever injury happened to him. He's a disgrace to boxing should have been banned from boxing imo.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I love boxing

:whew: @ this fight

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I wonder if RA migrated over from SOHH. Funny after this floyd beat the shyt out of shane and cotto :heh:
I'm sure he would act like he's glad that Floyd took his advice :lolbron:

RA brought up some good points, but also said some things that left me scratching my head. Like the whole Mosley/Mayweather shyt. Mayweather talked about how they were supposed to fight years ago and Shane was brushing him off. And he's like "oh yea, you're gonna fight him after he gets he gets his ass whooped by Vernon Forrest. Real guts". :what: Mayweather and Shane were supposed to fight in 99. That ass whooping that Shane took from Forrest didn't happen til 02. He didn't have his facts straight. He was also tryna act like Ricardo Lopez wasn't one of the greatest :heh:

Both sides had good arguments and some head scratchers to go along with them

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hopkins couldnt beat taylor

LOL...thats funny. But seriously...I thought B-Hop was robbed collectively even if not individually because they were not going to give him a decision. B-Hop was way past his prime then. You do realize that B-Hop was past prime when he beat Tito dont you? B-Hop physical prime was over by the time he was 35. For me I start to notice a physical decline in athletes right around 33 years of age. I think 32-33 is right at the physical apex. This is about the age where you will start to notice that Lebron will still be an elite athlete but not the same as he was at 29. Anyway. I thought B-Hop deserved to win at least the 2nd fight. I know his name opponents didnt come around til around the time he was 35-36...but you must not have seen how good he was physically before that time.

Sorry to rant but...in that mythical matchup with Hagler, the guys were saying that neither was known for their speed. Bernard was a fast fighter when he was in early thirties. He had really fast hands. One thing people dont realize about B-Hop is....after his physical prime he became much more intelligent...as most greats do...like MJ, Kobe, etc...B-Hop relied mostly on his IQ and staying in physical shape.

You cant give B-Hop credit for his physical prime because he didnt do much. I am not saying that. What I am saying is.....had he gotten the opportunities in his physical prime he likely wouldve been the best MW of all time.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats a great analogy. Josesito's lost his last two fights but he's never been this popular or made as much $$$ he's an exciting fighter to watch.

yes. see...Canelo's people chose Josesito because he is a guy that COMES to fight. you dont have to go looking for him. He has a ton of heart but not enough power to bother the bigger guys. What legitimized it though was his victory over Ortiz. Had he NOT gotten a shot at Victor, he wouldnt have gotten that shot at Canelo. Its a game. If a 135lber wouldve beaten Victor that night...they wouldve lined him up for Canelo. On one hand I feel like :scusthov: On the other hand, when I see guys like Josesito work so hard and believe in themselves finally get those good paydays...I'm like :blessed:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prov vs the #MatthysseMafia would be an excellent fight. Hard to tell how Ruslan''s chin is

its one of the most intriguing matchups point blank. I think LM is the better fighter. I think he would stop Prov in the later rounds. that is only provided that he can withstand the early relentless pressure. thats the biggest question mark for me....can LM take 6 or 7 rounds of relentless pressure and body punching without wilting?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it was his signature fight that gave him new life but I think this fight really overstated how much Shane had left. see...he had enough to fukk up Margarito....likely even if Margs had gotten away with the wraps. Margs was overrated but his team and TR really didnt think Shane had anything left. Margarito never was a one punch guy. (thats why in that Golden Johnson fight and the 2nd Cintron fight I know he was cheating) Slow Mexican's with not a lot of power and little head movement against fast black fighters is not a good look. :usure:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Just watched "Fight Game with Jim Lampley" This dude has Golovkin ahead of Bradley p4p :wow: @ the disrespect

The divorce, Margarito trying to kill him with plaster, everyone counting him out.........Shane went into :demonic: mode.