Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
man i know exactly what ya'll talkin bout wit not knowin any boxin heads. shyt i'm the only person i know that goes out of my way to watch it. everybody else is like "who cares :yeshrug:" so you should've seen me when i went to Philly to watch the Mayweather fight at this old heads house who happened to know Joe Frazier and was at Ali matches an all that. and the other people i went with happen to know Danny Garcia. shyt was :ahh:. i didn't even wanna say nothin i just wanted to listen. need to go see another event over there.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I have heard that he has had some financial issues...but he cant be THAT broke. Plus he still giggin at HBO. He just dont wanna quit. The ironic thing is...you never thought he would be the one because he was always saying he didnt want to end up like McClellan.
strange as shyt..i know he is HOF set but come on man?

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
what did jones did with his money?

I read a few years ago he owed the IRS lots of back taxes like 3 million. As well as his Body Head Record Label not knowing the music game fully he had to pay a large sum to the company that was doing the music distribution for it. You also have to realize as well for used to only get like 3-5 million with HBO I think his highest purse was like 10 million plus with John Ruiz. He was never really seeing that big money like them fighters today. He lives alright but he won't make that big lump some money unless he is fighting.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I read a few years ago he owed the IRS lots of back taxes like 3 million. As well as his Body Head Record Label not knowing the music game fully he pay a large some to the company that was doing the music distribution for it. You also have to realize as well for used to only get like 3-5 million with HBO I think his highest purse was like 10 million plus with John Ruiz. He was never really seeing that big money like them fighters today. He lives alright but he won't make that big lump some money unless he is fighting.
after the ruiz win..he was offered crazy crazy money to fight Tyson, lewis and few others.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
after the ruiz win..he was offered crazy crazy money to fight Tyson, lewis and few others.

Them fights fell through, as you know with boxing lots can happen during the negotiating table. He wanted to most money for the risk with the big name fighters. Plus I think Rachman was his mandatory if he would of kept the HW title. Would of been a risk plus not much funds from that fight to stay in the HW division That's why he killed himself to get back down to light heavy to fight Tarver. Dumb move if you ask me if he would lost at HW it would of been alright since he essentially fighting bigger guys so there's no shame in that. Even though Tarver is a big LHW but Roy's body was already compromised by the weight lost.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
what did jones did with his money?

You know Roy is into cock fighting so he bought a rooster but not just any rooster !!! The baddest mothafukking rooster ever. 387-0 387 MD (cause its opponents cant fight with giant holes in the chest)

th

Big ass rooster comes to the ring with Roy Jones riding on it back performing live !

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@yawn I ain't really into this fight like that but I'll still take the bet anyway.

Can't be worse than my current av.
What an amazing upgrade. Still no animated avs months later :dry:

We'll do a two week avi bet :handshake:

@bk @Brooklynzson when will we get animated avis back? I miss mines fukking with people :to: