Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I also used box at a gym for a bit and guy who trained/helped guys was friends with my Mother grew up with and trained with Camacho. So I used to ask him question he taught me alot. He would give me tapes of old fights he put together and told me to watch them. It was a big help.

Thinking about going back just to get back in shape and enhance my abilities lol. shyt at least I'll have people to talk boxing to. Had a blast when I went. Except when nikkas would make jokes and call me Jesse James Leija Jr. :pacspit:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I also used box at a gym for a bit and guy who trained/helped guys was friends with my Mother grew up with and trained with Camacho. So I used to ask him question he taught me alot. He would give me tapes of old fights he put together and told me to watch them. It was a big help.

Thinking about going back just to get back in shape and enhance my abilities lol. shyt at least I'll have people to talk boxing to. Had a blast when I went. Except when nikkas would make jokes and call me Jesse James Leija Jr. :pacspit:

:bryan:..do you cut as easy as that nikka did too?

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
:bryan:..do you cut as easy as that nikka did too?
LOL, quite the opposite. I'm really good with not getting cuts (even in real fights lol). The only time I got seriously cut was when I was sparring without any headgear on, me and this Andrew Lewis lookin ass nikka accidentally bumped heads :huhldup:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*Knows no boxing fans IRL*

shyt skressful.........I can't fukk with the casuals, all they say is Tyson was the GOAT, Is Mayweather really that good and "Who's that?"

:snoop:

there are many things in my life travels that I take a casual approach to. I can talk basketball, hip-hop, technology with anybody. two things I dont discuss with people anymore....religion and boxing. I cant do it. not that I know everything...but people always sayin some ole off the wall ass shyt to try and make a point that really has no validity. not all casuals think Mayweather is great...a lot of casuals think he is a phony and refuse to give him credit for anything and waiting to say I told you so when he loses. one nikka was in the barbershop yappin bout Mayweather is a weight-jumper. We was like...wtf is that? What is a weight jumper? I mean what is your point. I guess he was saying he goes through different weight classes to pick up titles from paper champs. I said while there is always some truth to that today....somebody ought to be able to beat this nikka. I mean...if you are good enough...you can get a fight with Mayweather...and if you are good enough, you can beat him. I am not one of those who subscribes to the theory that you have to be beaten to prove how great you are. I believe credit should be given if NOBODY is able to beat you. He is the type of casual that tunes in just to see if Floyd will lose.

Daps
Reppin
Hayward CA
That feel when you find a breh IRL who you can talk boxing with :ohlawd: Dude is damn near 60 and has dropped so many jewelz. :wow:

I feel you breh! I work at dialysis clinic and the Mexican dude who picks up the biohazard garbage is a huge boxing head. When he found out I was PR he schooled me on the whole rivalry with Mexico had me like :ohhh: when he was talking about this fight

And how it was one the biggest non-heavyweight at the time. :gladbron: At the pre fight intros and :flabbynsick: on the commentary. Too bad Salvador Sanchez passed, Wilfredo never got his rematch.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I don't blame casuals for not knowing anything about boxing. It's a "secondary" sport thats not even nationally televised. Some people don't have the means/desire to search for it like the real fans do.

My thing is, if you aren't familiar with things boxing related as a casual, please do your research and don't try to bullshyt your way through it. You'll just look stupid. Dont regurgitate what BSPN spews or just spew out some bullshyt from left field.

And believe me, I've heard some of the most bullshyt statements.

I remember I was having a convo with a college professor who was from Argentina. He talked about Carlos Monzon and what it was like to watching him box and how the whole country stopped to watch him. I told him that I though King Carlos was great and was a Top 3 Middleweight IMO. Next day a dude came to me in the cafeteria talking about "I overheard your convo with the Spanish professor about that Monzon guy. I looked at a youtube video of him fight. I think he sucks. Roy Jones & B Hop could knock him out in one round. Most of the new era middleweights could beat him". I was just like :snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

I remember saying that I thought Prime Tyson could knock out Prime Ali and people just looked at me like :aicmon: Dudes quick to just spew whatever BSPN tells them, talking bout "Ali would float like a butterly, sting like a bee, and rope-a-dope Tyson" :mindblown:

Casuals :smh: I can't man, I just can't

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's my problem with the whole Broner vs Crawford...you the first person to call a fighter a hype job N shyt on they resume...you done it with Canelo, Broner, N to an extent Bradley saying they protected N blah blah blah

Then you go N get behind HBOs newest guy they pushing....the nikkas best win is a flabby Prescott.... we know very little about Crawford vs quality opp yet you say he's this N that.... you shyt on those who has proved much much more against better opp but they are hype but your boy Crawford is somehow not:mindblown:

just saw this...so will respectfully reply. I would be behind Crawford even if HBO and TR wasnt pushing him. Is he a hype job because of his relationship with both parties? Of course. I really never said much about him except for picking him over Broner and that I believe he is the best 135lber out there. I dont like it when anybody is overhyped. Also, you must remember in all sports a lot of times fighters get overrated so much that after a while they become underrated to a degree...if you follow me.

Really I wanted to reply to this post to say that us as boxing fans need to have some integrity and know that boxing is a business...just like anything else. Sometimes the difference in a hip hop artist is the label that they are on. Sometimes the difference between an actor is his management.

The fact is...for the past 3 years...Canelo's existence was almost solely for him to be an opponent for Floyd. Not so much for Canelo, but for the promoters and networks.

As far as Bradley...he has earned his stripes...but he got a nice boost to get there. He and Alexander were once at the same level (fighting on Shobox and HBOAD)....then DKP had Devon on the shelf for a while....in the meantime GSP was doing wonders for Bradley. Then Bradley jumped to TR because he was promised the Pac fight. It wasnt that GSP didnt do a wonderful job with his career....he just found an easier path to stardom. Switch places....put Bradley with DKP and Alexander with GSP/TR and what do you have? Alexander wouldve been the first one to get those breaks.

I am just breaking it down on how the business works. It aint always about ability but opportunity. The ironic thing is, we talk about this all the time. Just thinking about Rigo echos my point. Its so political. How would Jermain Taylor or Paulie's careers had went if they werent aligned with DiBella who was a former SR. VP of HBO Sports? Everybody aint where they are because of skills. It takes timing, circumstance, and yes....a lil bit of luck sometimes.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't blame casuals for not knowing anything about boxing. It's a "secondary" sport thats not even nationally televised. Some people don't have the means/desire to search for it like the real fans do.

My thing is, if you aren't familiar with things boxing related as a casual, please do your research and don't try to bullshyt your way through it. You'll just look stupid. Dont regurgitate what BSPN spews or just spew out some bullshyt from left field.

I dont blame them either but they come off as if they are experts and dont know shyt. When you try and interject thats when they come with the most BS. As far as BSPN...if yall dont know....I have almost zero respect for Rafael. There are guys (and ladies) in this forum that could do what he does even better. On top of not knowing shyt, he is dry and unimaginative. Which is why a guy like Max easily surpassed him. The thing that keeps Rafael safe...is just that. He is a safe. He aint goin against the grain and he stays in his comfort zone. I am not saying he has to be the most knowledgeable technically but using him as a media source is neither exciting nor fulfilling.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
*Knows no boxing fans IRL*

shyt skressful.........I can't fukk with the casuals, all they say is Tyson was the GOAT, Is Mayweather really that good and "Who's that?"

:snoop:
had this issue up until a year ago when i found a mexican breh who works in the factory that knows boxing like that....he a lil bias though

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

first part of this is dope
but
when i was in the gym for a couple yrs there weren't cats to talk boxing with besides the big names, or cats to school me

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first part of this is dope
but
when i was in the gym for a couple yrs there weren't cats to talk boxing with besides the big names, or cats to school me

right...it depends on where you are. when I was in the gym....there werent many knowledgeable people in there either. at least not from a fan perspective. just people wanting to get in shape and learn how to box. they only knew about the mainstream fighters.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who yall got tonight? the way Alvarado killed himself to make weight...I am leaning towards Prov on this one..even though I think Alvarado is the better fighter