Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a lot of good in this post but get the fukk outta here with that Marquez > Barrera shyt. Flabby Barrera got completely robbed by the ref and judges vs. Marquez. Prime Barrera beats Marquez' ass.

Hey, thats your opinion breh...and I respect that...but look at it like this. The JMM that we saw that kinda hung in there with Bradley the other night...is about 10 years past his prime and 20lbs past his dominant weight class. JMM is the Mexican B-Hop as far as how long it took for him to get recognized. I dont know how much of JMM you watched at featherweight but he was a beast then and that was his prime. Yeah, he lost to Norwood, but Norwood was a slick defensive fighter who was undefeated and made ugly fights. By the time of the Barrera fight....JMM wasnt in his physical prime then either! A 34 year old 130lber is not prime. You only think of him being in his prime because thats when he started to get recognition. If they wouldve fought at 126 between 99-04 I would still pick JMM over MAB. Of course there is some subjectivity because JMM was already at featherweight when Barrera was a class below.

:ufdup: You do know that JMM is older than Barrera dont you???

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JMM barely beat an even more past it MAB. That blown knockdown call fukked that fight up.

I hear what you are saying...but people were talking about JMM fighting against the other two since 99...he didnt get the fight til 07. An earlier version of MAB was a better version but likewise with a 26-30 year old JMM too. Thats the timeframe I am speaking of. Not 2007.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also...we are talking about MAB that had been undefeated for 3 years...he had beaten Morales, Ayala, Peden, and a young Juarez twice, just before the JMM fight. All quality fighters. Yet he gets old the moment he fights JMM. Although he was in survival mode...Pac didnt stop MAB afterwards. He was past prime but wasnt as :flabbynsick: as suggested.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
@Newzz
Got the #bandcamp haters lookin
54457.2.jpg
Bandcamp or swiftset, are you gonna pretend Broner fraud ass aint throw rocks at the throne:ufdup:

You dont have to hide after the Cotto sonning lil bro; neither:smugfavre:

#HolyWar:demonic:

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I got an argument...but its not really an argument. More of an opinion that some of you need to take heed to. The sport is dying because of imbalance. Its not just boxing, but everything. The greed for money squeezes out integrity.

115-113 for Broner was the right score. If you say 116-112 :ehh: but anybody going beyond that has another agenda. It proves that the less popular fighter wont get a fair shake. Paulie is a boxer and the standard is set incredibly high for what he has to do to win against a guy with the hype and backing of AB. As far as that harder punch shyt...there is some validity to in but in most cases it gets overblown. Its subjective as hell when you talk about how somebody's face looks after a fight. That doesnt always tell the winner or the loser. Its the same shyt when people tried to justify Oscar's win over Pernell. Oh he was throwing pitty pat and such and such landed the harder punches. In recent history, I remember when Cory Spinks boxed the shyt outta Jermain Taylor and everybody was saying the judges werent giving Spinks enough credit for the boxing he was doing. Only harping on the fact that Taylor landed the harder shots. If Spinks wasnt hurt it matters a damn.

Judges even though some of them are ancient as hell, they go with what is trendy too. They dont pay no attention to that 4 criteria shyt...so whats the point of even having it? They get stuck in this mold about somebody landing harder punches. I can see that if the person is wobbling or shaking. Look at the gifs you posted. Paulie was rolling with a lot of those shots. Like @Skip b said....you posted a bunch of gifs but it doesnt tell the story of the fight. He landed some good shots...but this was no domination and it was no 117-111 either.

My rant is mainly about the integrity of the sport. Again, I have no prob with AB but people take shyt too far to try and propagate the next big thing. As far as Rafael...nothing he says holds any weight to me. He is a fat fukkin gluck who has no originality or balls. He never goes against the grain. the shyt you posted probably was somebody elses opinion of the fight that he jacked. He is the least knowledgeable person in the boxing media that I have ever known to be in such a advantageous position. Rafael is never gonna be a person of integrity because he knows where his bread is buttered. He always picks the favorite then he finds somebody else's score to hijack and post it like he really knows what the fukk he is talking about. Rafael is the last name anyone should mention if we are talking about boxing knowledge. He's a jockey with an ESPN job, nothing more.

Again, I dont bash AB, just calling it like I see it. You just seem to focus on the fact that I said I would pick Crawford to beat him and you cant see that because one has better opposition on his resume. I dont dispute that. Its all love for you and #bandcamp....all I am saying is....take JMM for example. He was in the same era as MAB and Morales...but when JMM was 27, some people (knowledgeable fans) used to say...he is better than both of them. People that dont know shyt about boxing like Fatboy would say JMM would lose to either of them at that time. He was in the same position. He couldve beaten either of them but they wouldnt face him because he had no name. Now he has arguably had the better career out of all of them. He certainly has grossed more.

Its ok to be a fan, but if you love the sport....we should at least try and uphold some standards of integrity. As fans...we are probably the only ones still willing to do so.

thats all..
Thank you breh, the one poster I could :salute: for always keeping it real, and giving concise explanations of why you agree or disagree, even if your opinion is unpopular

Disagree on JMM though, but hey thats your opinion, so fair.........:manny:

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
There's a lot of good in this post but get the fukk outta here with that Marquez > Barrera shyt. Flabby Barrera got completely robbed by the ref and judges vs. Marquez. Prime Barrera beats Marquez' ass.
Co-sign fully JMM struggled vs a :flabbynsick: metal plate in his head Barrera, and plenty felt Barrera was robbed

And how could one say JMM was better than Morales with the amount of times JMM shamefully ducked a Morales match. If Tim Bradley boxes the shyt out of him with his ok shoulder roll, what would a HOF with serious pop that used to be trained by Floyd Sr do to JMM

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/index.php?showtopic=181975

I tried to tell you nikkas that Ward was roiding ass cheat but hey yall dont listen to someone who's always right

I have zero respect for Ward bytch ass, the reason he usually fights in Oakland is because the hometown fighter aint getting popped for no dirty piss, the same way Roy used to fight in lowly Florida, the Klits stay oversees and such.............................

This will get ugly since Rodriguez is trained by Conte, Conte mr Balco himself who also used to train Ward must have dirt on him and knows he's a cheating ass nikka

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WBA strips Jones, Lebedev again cruiser champ

The World Boxing Association has decided to strip Panamanian Guillermo “El Felino” Jones of his WBA cruiserweight title for testing positive for the banned diuretic furosemide in the title fight last May 17 against Russian Denis Lebedev in Moscow, Russia. The Championships Committee made the decision to again recognize Lebedev as the WBA cruiserweight regular champion, however representatives of Jones and Lebedev have been told to negotiate a rematch. Should no agreement be reached, the WBA will call for a purse bid according to Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, WBA Executive Vice President and head of the World Championships Committee. Apparently the B sample was never opened in the case.

:snoop:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Co-sign fully JMM struggled vs a :flabbynsick: metal plate in his head Barrera, and plenty felt Barrera was robbed

And how could one say JMM was better than Morales with the amount of times JMM shamefully ducked a Morales match. If Tim Bradley boxes the shyt out of him with his ok shoulder roll, what would a HOF with serious pop that used to be trained by Floyd Sr do to JMM

JMM ducked Morales numerous times? When were you born Skip? Morales wouldnt even acknowledge that JMM existed until he had the draw with Pac. Again...JMM is older than MAB....but last good MAB we seen was 2006? Just like we were cheated of seeing the best of B-Hop in his true physical prime, the same could be said of JMM. 34 year old JMM at 130 wasnt prime. I would say he is still a close to elite fighter at 40 because even a 30 year old Bradley couldnt shut him out.

I get it...the consensus here doesnt really care for JMM. I had a hard time liking him too because his style was not fan friendly like MAB or Morales. Technically, they cant fukk with him though. :ufdup: Dont act like JMM aint first ballot HOF his damn self.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
JMM ducked Morales numerous times? When were you born Skip? Again...JMM is older than MAB....but last good MAB we seen was 2006? Just like we were cheated of seeing the best of B-Hop in his true physical prime, the same could be said of JMM. 34 year old JMM at 130 wasnt prime. I would say he is still a close to elite fighter at 40 because even a 30 year old Bradley couldnt shut him out.
Are you gonna pretend Barrera aint have a metal plate in his head and still put JMM on his ass twice.........................:beli:

:snoop: at all of this shyt:pachaha:

And yes JMM ducked Morales at one point in time, like he ducked Hamed, like he ducked Khan, Like he ducked Canelo, I could go on and on with JMM

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Personally I have JMM ranked higher than MAB & El Terrible based on accomplishments/acheivements, but H2H in their primes JMM ain't seeing either of em

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/index.php?showtopic=181975

I tried to tell you nikkas that Ward was roiding ass cheat but hey yall dont listen to someone who's always right

I have zero respect for Ward bytch ass, the reason he usually fights in Oakland is because the hometown fighter aint getting popped for no dirty piss, the same way Roy used to fight in lowly Florida, the Klits stay oversees and such.............................

Could it be that Roy had no big name promoter so thats why his early fights were at the Fairgrounds in Florida? Could it be that the Klits make a ton more money overseas then they ever would in the states? Could it be that Ward cant draw a crowd for anywhere except Oakland?

On the other hand....you cant single these guys out. I am thinking that like football...most boxers are juicing now because of the un-leveled playing field. Its just a matter of who is getting caught and who is not. :manny:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Could it be that Roy had no big name promoter so thats why his early fights were at the Fairgrounds in Florida? Could it be that the Klits make a ton more money overseas then they ever would in the states? Could it be that Ward cant draw a crowd for anywhere except Oakland?

On the other hand....you cant single these guys out. I am thinking that like football...most boxers are juicing now because of the un-leveled playing field. Its just a matter of who is getting caught and who is not. :manny:
Roy a top 3 name in the sport cant fight no where but his home town, nikka Roy could have had fights in the MGM with no promoter

The Klits................................:manny:

Ward- Wouldn't it make since to travel the country and build that fan base up, if cleaning out his weak division in his hometown aint garner no buzz, its time to leave home and make a name for yourself. Lets not act like if HBO put on a nice card for Ward outside of Oakland nobody would show:comeon: I tell you what he would have not one issue drawing oversees vs Froch, you my nikka but fukk outta here with that:camby: