Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Bradley is not going to have many major fight possibilities though...he is not a draw and he fights in a style that is not very entertaining. He would be lucky to get a Pac rematch considering he can't draw flies on his own. The Marquez fight was promoted on the back of Marquez and his Mexican fanbase. No one gives a fukk about Tim Bradley.

well he always has the provodnikov rematch provided he does his thing against alvarado next week..the rematch would be worthy to be put on somebody's main event card or if not regular HBO

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good thing i watched it for free on tv azteca..its delayed a half hour but better than paying 60 bucks

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
well he always has the provodnikov rematch provided he does his thing against alvarado next week..the rematch would be worthy to be put on somebody's main event card or if not regular HBO
I think the Provodnikov fight would have had a chance at being a big PPV seller if Bradley hadn't reverted back to form in his fight against Marquez.
Now everyone knows that Bradley will avoid engaging with Provodnikov and box him for 12 (torturous) rounds in that unappealing Bradley style.
Hope he enjoyed his PPV headlining because unless he faces Floyd or Manny he aint getting the main even on a PPV ever again.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Bradley is not going to have many major fight possibilities though...he is not a draw and he fights in a style that is not very entertaining. He would be lucky to get a Pac rematch considering he can't draw flies on his own. The Marquez fight was promoted on the back of Marquez and his Mexican fanbase. No one gives a fukk about Tim Bradley.
Except that Bradley was offered the Pacquiao fight before Rios, but both Bradley and Marquez turned him down...

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Except that Bradley was offered the Pacquiao fight before Rios, but both Bradley and Marquez turned him down...
THat was when he thought he had options...the realization that his options are limited will come soon.
Name the Bradley fights you would be willing to shell out money for the PPV. If you can come up with 3 you would be lucky.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
THat was when he thought he had options...the realization that his options are limited will come soon.
Name the Bradley fights you would be willing to shell out money for the PPV. If you can come up with 3 you would be lucky.
He doesn't have to be a PPV fighter. He'll be fine as a headline HBO subscriber card. 99.9% fighters never achieve PPV billing status and there are very few today who can sell a PPV card.
Fights vs Rios, Alvarado, or Provodnikov will all net him a solid seven figures...and a potential Pacquiao fight would be his PPV date.
If he keeps winning HBO will keep showing him and he will make good money, even if it isn't versus those fighters listed above.
Most estimates had the Bradley-Marquez fight to potentially max out at about 500,000 buys...good enough to let each guy make a little extra money and get it off HBO's fixed budget.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He doesn't have to be a PPV fighter. He'll be fine as a headline HBO subscriber card. 99.9% fighters never achieve PPV billing status and there are very few today who can sell a PPV card.
Fights vs Rios, Alvarado, or Provodnikov will all net him a solid seven figures...and a potential Pacquiao fight would be his PPV date.
If he keeps winning HBO will keep showing him and he will make good money, even if it isn't versus those fighters listed above.
Most estimates had the Bradley-Marquez fight to potentially max out at about 500,000 buys...good enough to let each guy make a little extra money and get it off HBO's fixed budget.
The point of of my posts was that he isn't a PPV fighter. I agree he can headline an HBO fight night till he retires but he is in the same boat as dudes like Andre Ward who are never going to be the PPV draws that I am sure they wish they were.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
The point of of my posts was that he isn't a PPV fighter. I agree he can headline an HBO fight night till he retires but he is in the same boat as dudes like Andre Ward who are never going to be the PPV draws that I am sure they wish they were.
I absolutely agree with that. Boxing is in an interesting stage where there are potential PPV fighters up and coming, but not established yet...and the PPV there are are older and soon on their way out.
In reality the only two guys who are PPV no matter who they fight are Mayweather and Pacquiao.
Canelo wants to be one and we will see. I still think his PPV buy success relies on his matchup, even though they may give him PPV dates anyways.
Even Sergio Martinez and Cotto aren't PPV guys...but match them together and they can draw a PPV.
Obviously I think Showtime sees their two future PPV guys as Canelo and Broner and they are trying to expose the public to them.
HBO would like GGG to be, but I don't think that ever happens unless it is created by a matchup.
And ol' JCCjr. The popularity seems to be reasonably there (highest TV ratings this year), but he still takes a matchup to make a PPV and I think odds are against him being a PPV guy, because most don't think he can beat the top level guys.
Just my views from afar.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I absolutely agree with that. Boxing is in an interesting stage where there are potential PPV fighters up and coming, but not established yet...and the PPV there are are older and soon on their way out.
In reality the only two guys who are PPV no matter who they fight are Mayweather and Pacquiao.
Canelo wants to be one and we will see. I still think his PPV buy success relies on his matchup, even though they may give him PPV dates anyways.
Even Sergio Martinez and Cotto aren't PPV guys...but match them together and they can draw a PPV.
Obviously I think Showtime sees their two future PPV guys as Canelo and Broner and they are trying to expose the public to them.
HBO would like GGG to be, but I don't think that ever happens unless it is created by a matchup.
And ol' JCCjr. The popularity seems to be reasonably there (highest TV ratings this year), but he still takes a matchup to make a PPV and I think odds are against him being a PPV guy, because most don't think he can beat the top level guys.
Just my views from afar.
I think of the up and comers the ones most likely to become PPV exclusive fighters are Broner and Canelo. Broner because most people are going to be willing to pay to hopefully see him get beat (like a lot of people do with Floyd) and Canelo because he is a popular Mexican and seems to have GBP invested in turning him into that guy.
I think Chavez Jr would have a better shot at being a PPV fighter if he made the jump to GBP.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Top Rank wanted to do Salido vs. Lomachenko, but the WBO named Gary Russell Jr. as Salido's mandatory.
thumbs-aloft.gif

Lomachenko vs. Nicholas Walters or Evgeny Gradovich coming soon.....

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Guys, I just realized something..........all of the top 154 fighters have fights except for two guys........

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

and

Ishe Smith

:ohhh: