Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
tysonfurytwitterrant.jpg

:bryan:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Report: Lewis wants $100m comeback as heavyweight targets Klitschko brothers

Lennox Lewis has told Russian promoters that he will come back to fight one of the Klitschko brothers for the biggest purse in boxing history.

The 48-year-old, who is still the most recent undisputed world heavyweight champion, was offered $50 million in Moscow at the weekend while attending Wladimir Klitschko’s successful defence of his world titles against Alexander Povetkin. Lewis responded by promising to return to the ring for $100 million The promoters are considering doubling their bid and Lewis says: "That is my price tag and it is under discussion. I have told them I can be ready in six months and I am in provisional training".

Lewis, in London to launch his new training academy for potential world heavyweight champions, is running in Hyde Park each morning. He reports himself to be "already well under 300lbs". He weighed around 245lb in his prime. Lewis believes that in a fight next spring he can surpass big George Foreman, who regained the title at the age of 48, as the oldest world heavyweight champion of all time.

His price for coming out of retirement would give him the biggest pay-note in boxing history. Floyd Mayweather holds that record having been guaranteed $41.2 million for last month’s super fight with Mexico’s Canelo Alvarez, with his take expected to rise to $70 million once all the pay-per-view revenue is accounted for.

Lewis was talking in terms of $50 million when he last considered a return to the ring. Now he says: "I said at the time that it will take $50 million to get me out of my pajamas but now I have to consider the value of my legacy of having retired as undisputed champion. That will cost them $100 million". That figure is clearly achievable in the modern boxing world. It is believed that the Russians are projecting a rematch of the fabled battle between Lewis and Vitali Klitschko in Los Angeles in 2003, which the Englishman won on cuts and a year after which he announced his retirement without having boxed again.

The older of the Klitschko brothers, now 42, who holds the WBC world title, has campaigned consistently for a return bout. And if that were to become his last fight before retiring to seek the presidency of his native Ukraine it would be worth an absolute fortune. Lewis would prefer to fight Wladimir, 37, saying: "I beat Vitali so I would like to fight the other brother but we’ll see how it works out. I want to bring back the Sweet Science to heavyweight boxing". He was a more intent observer of Wladmir’s than most imagined while watching from ringside the younger Klitschko’s somewhat criticised victory over Povetkin.

The possibility of facing the holder of all the other heavyweight belts is on the mind of Lewis as he says: "‘In a way this fight confirmed my disappointment with the state of heavyweight boxing right now. The best I could find to challenge Wladimir was a kid who is not fully developed either physically or in terms of experience. People paid a lot of money in expectation of a great fight but Povetkin was not properly prepared for the most important fight of his career. Wladimir should have gone for the knockout after putting him down four times but I think he missed having Manny Steward in his corner. Manny would have told him what he told me when I fought Vitali - to go in and finish him. I suspect Wladimir had a problem with his right hand because as the fight went on he didn’t use it that often. But having said that he showed great movement, was very light on his feet and was never in danger of losing".

Lewis is aware of how severe the physical demands will be to come back at his age after 10 years out of the ring. He used to dedicate himself before big fights by going into seclusion in the hills of the Poconos, outside New York. Now he says: "I will go back to the mountains and into isolation. With the Russians involved I am thinking of training in Siberia".

:lolbron: @ thinking anybody will give Lennox 100 mill to see his old ass back in the ring.

nikka, fukk you and your legacy :russ:

Keep dreaming :bryan:

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
Did yall see Orlando Cruz's outfit for Saturday night fight? :deadrose:

Orlando Cruz will wear rainbow colors, pink gloves to support LGBT community, breast cancer awareness

Kevin Iole 2 hours agoBoxing

Cruz, boxing's first openly gay fighter, will also wear rainbow-colored trunks, to support the LGBT movement. The rainbow flag is a symbol of the movement and was created in 1978 in San Francisco to urge inclusiveness for all.

Everlast made the trunks and the gloves in collaboration with Cruz.

Cruz, who is scheduled to marry boyfriend Jose Manuel in New York on Nov. 16, is 20-2-1 with 10 knockouts. Salido is 39-12-2 with 27 KOs.

They will meet for the vacant WBO featherweight championship.

he can wear rainbows and pink gloves if he wants..i dont care he is gay
but as a Puerto Rican I do not condone the desecration,leave the fukking flag out of this with that god damn rainbow design:ufdup:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
-Leo Santa Cruz will be facing Cesar Seda 11/2 instead of Cristian Mijares.....

-Sergey Kovalev/Ismayl Sillakh and Adonis Stevenson/Tony Bellew HBO doubleheader 11/30........

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-rejects-top-rank-offer-burns-vs-crawford--70436
By Edward Chaykovsky

Promoter Eddie Hearn has rejected Top Rank's offer to have WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns travel to the United States to face mandatory challenger Terrence Crawford on January 25th at Madison Square Garden in New York City. A few days ago, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum told BoxingScene.com that he would like to stage Burns-Crawford on the date of Jan. 25th in MSG.

Last month Burns won a controversial decision over Ray Beltran to retain the belt. During the match he suffered a broken jaw and Hearns points out that his boxer will not be 100% to fight until the middle of February.

Once Burns is ready to fight, then Hearn wants to match Burns against Beltran in a rematch to set the record straight - and then match Burns against Crawford at a later date.

Besides that, Hearn says the offer for Burns-Crawford was very low and he appears confident in beating Top Rank should the situation head to a purse bid.

Hearn told The Scotsman: “Crawford is with Top Rank, the same as Beltran, and we have already written to Arum to say that we accept that Beltran probably won and we think he should be given a rematch as it’s the right thing to do, morally as much as anything. But Crawford will be on to Top Rank saying that he is next in line and as they probably have more interest in him than they do Beltran, they’ll try to force the situation.

“But, for me, commercially Beltran is a bigger fight and more relevant and we are liaising with the broadcaster HBO in an effort to try to make a rematch. I was interested to learn that Bob Arum announced that Burns will fight Crawford on January 25 which was very nice of him. He did make us an offer which we have rejected, and, because of the purse bid split, we would be favorites to get that fight for Scotland anyway.

“Sometimes you get an offer you really can’t turn down. But it’s my job to ensure that if Ricky fights in America the money is life-changing and the offer we got is nowhere near that.”
@synistr sad right now.......Raymundo Beltran's people feeling glad right now.........

Black Gatsby

Lord$ Never Worry
Daps
Reppin
London

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:lolbron: @ thinking anybody will give Lennox 100 mill to see his old ass back in the ring.

nikka, fukk you and your legacy :russ:

Keep dreaming :bryan:
That number is very doable with the crazy purse bids that have been going on not to mention that they could have the fight oversees. LL was already making upwards of 30 million when he retired, who wouldnt give LL 100 mil for the to take part in a legit HW battle, the only legit battle the division has seen since he retired

I have no doubt in my mind a :flabbynsick: LL beats the ever loving shyt out of Wladamir it's the other bro who will trouble him

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-Leo Santa Cruz will be facing Cesar Seda 11/2 instead of Cristian Mijares.....

-Sergey Kovalev/Ismayl Sillakh and Adonis Stevenson/Tony Bellew HBO doubleheader 11/30........

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-rejects-top-rank-offer-burns-vs-crawford--70436

@synistr sad right now.......Raymundo Beltran's people feeling glad right now.........

honestly...fukk Burns. that aint the fight I want to see for Bud right now. I know TR wants it but let Beltran finish what he started, he deserves it. Burns aint shyt no ways. he needs life changing money because the asswhipping he get will be life changing. basically he trying to cash out cuz his title holding days are numbered.

btw...I actually think Silakh is a live dog. he stands a better chance than Bellew I think. Stevenson win over Cloud impressed me a lot more than the win over Dawson.