Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
They throwing my nikka Sillakh to the wolves, if Grachev stopped him Kovalev will have him shaking hands with Jesus :sadcam:

grachev stopped him because of a careless defensive mistake..was a pretty brutal TKO though lol..im sure sillakh has learned from that although I haven't seen a fight of his anywhere since that KO loss

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
joe c went on record to say he didn't want to travel and didn't want hard fights..he said this shyt in his prime..to me = no fighter's heart

who ducked joe c in his prime? :huh: the only champ that avoided him was the aforementioned sven ottke cuz he didn't want to unify the belts (and fight out of Germany)..I need to see this list of what 168 champs/contenders in the late 90s to mid 2000s you thought ducked joe c..because 168 was not a poppin division for US fighters during that period

and if you think the majority of fighters joe c fought during his reign were better than the cats in the super 6 then you don't know shyt about boxing..past prime versions of roy and b-hop are not victories to be proud of...i actually hold his victory over Kessler and lacy (but fukk joe c for giving lacy that beating :birdman:) in higher regard than those 2...and arguably he lost to b-hop..after the jones fight...there were plenty of cats waiting for him at 168 and 175 and he retired because of "hand trouble" to sniff his brains out on coke :bryan:

bottom line is...this shyt comes back to what it always is. money. just like the corny ass rap game now. Nobody really brought the marketability that wouldve netted him the amount of cash that he wanted. Kessler and Lacy were about as good as it gets besides the two HOFers. Although Dawson was way better than Lacy....he was a bigger threat to Joe because of his size and skill. Lacy was just perfect because he was KOing everybody. It was all about hype. One guy fan friendly, the other not. Same think with Ward. Joe couldve stuck around and fought those guys...but if you were in his shoes? fukk for?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also...really....Calzaghe is boderline HOF to me. on paper he is a 1st ballot lock. if you look at his career carefully though....he is barely HOF material.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Martinez will give the Pope the WBC strap. The Catholic Church is lineal champion in all of Christendom
http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-martinez-sit-down-with-pope-francis--70394

I read that yesterday and was gonna come post it in here...but then I was like

nnNnOJ9.png

essFY0Z.png

:camby:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Today is the anniversary of Corrales vs Castillo 2 cant believe its been 8 years already since this fight happened !

*bonus* :whew:

i dont like watching corrales-castillo 2 that much..this was fukkery done wrong...it was a fight that was made too soon IMO and castillo had a functional weight advantage
corrales-castillo 1 though :wow:...when this fight was announced i remember being :manny: about the whole thing ..the opener jmm vs polo wasn't anything great and kinda killed my vibe so i was thinking the main event was going to be along the same lines...didn't know i was going to see the best fight that ive ever seen in my entire life...that card didn't even draw..only like 2500 were there...10 rounds of pure greatness with an ending even rocky couldn't top...that shyt even had james toney and winky wright wildin' out..but that fight finished both of them especially chico

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
There have been LOTS of rumours circulating in the press in the last 24 hours about my return to the ring for a $100M payday against Wladimir Klitschko. As I've said before, I am retired and am staying that way.

per Lennox Lewis facebook...