Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
How does Barry McGuigan, Jose Cuevas, Arturo Gatti, Ingemaar Johansson, and Brian Mitchell get it but yet Naseem Hamed, Donald Curry, Esteban De Jesus, Julian Jackson, and Jose Luis Ramirez not get in?

Doesn't make any sense lol

its a fukking shame...my man "the hawk" needs to be in there ASAP

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Paulie wasnt even CONNECTING breh.....people giving him rounds just because he was throwing punches:snoop:

malignaggi-broner.jpg
I;m #BandCamp but CompuBox :usure:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I;m #BandCamp but CompuBox :usure:

While watching the fight on here, I was talking about why are all getting amped up when Pauletta didnt even TOUCH AB:comeon:

Broner looked like he was fresh off a 3-4 mile jog with not a bruise on em....only sweat:manny:

broner336.jpg

#BandCamp

:blessed:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Damn, Sergio says he is ready for Cotto:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/5815/martinez-wants-to-give-cotto-shot

So Team Cotto likes the fight, but what about Martinez and his handlers? Count him in, adviser Sampson Lewkowicz told ESPN.com on Monday. He said Martinez definitely wants the fight.

Don't miss any of our wall-to-wall boxing coverage, including live analysis of Saturday's fights.

“I won’t negotiate the fight through the press, that’s not good,” he said. “So the only thing is that Sergio will accept the fight because he wants to fight the best and Miguel Cotto is one of the best. There is no question about it, and it would be a competitive fight. We’d love it. We have a Plan B, but Plan A is definitely Cotto.”

The timing of having the fight in June works well for Martinez, Lewkowicz said. Martinez is recovering from knee surgery and is expected to be able to fight by April, but he would happily wait until June, Lewkowicz said.

The reason, Lewkowicz said, is Martinez has a “personal vendetta” against Cotto.

“He feels in the past that he didn’t gain the respect of Cotto, and he never forgot one of his actions a few years ago,” Lewkowicz said.

According to Lewkowicz, Cotto and Martinez were both at an ESPN studio in Mexico at the same time two or three years ago, and Martinez was excited to meet Cotto. But when they were together, Lewkowicz said, “Cotto walked away from him. He didn’t even shake his hand, and Sergio felt insulted. So he wants to fight him. I believe it would be a great fight.”

If the sides want the fight, Lewkowicz said, “We can do this negotiation in one hour over a coffee. We don’t need a lunch to make this fight if everybody does it right.”

As for the weight, Lewkowicz said Martinez would be willing to come down to fight Cotto at a catchweight as low as 158 pounds.

“Freddie Roach, who I respect a lot, said [after the Rodriguez fight] that he wanted it to be a full 160 pounds, so the weight will not be an issue,” Lewkowicz said. “I believe Roach is right in that it should be 160, but if it’s 159 or 158 we have no problem with that, either.”

Lewkowicz said that Martinez would also be happy to have the fight in New York, where Cotto is a massive fan favorite because of the large Puerto Rican population.

“Definitely, yes, in New York City,” Lewkowicz said. “He would love it to be there. Martinez loves New York. I love New York, my grandchild lives there. We are ready. [Martinez promoter] Lou DiBella and me, we are waiting for the call.”

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
8 years ago

2 warriors at war.

R.I.P. Chico. We miss you :to: :sadcam: :sadbron:

Man

This fight infuriates me for the simple fact that they actually went on with it......this match should've been cancelled after the weigh-in, in fact, Why aren't fighters penalized a L on their record as a forfeit for not making weight?

Aside from that, Castillo destroyed him in the rematch..........it was indeed spectacular

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm a Calzaghe fan. Dude definitely had skills and ring swag. I feel he get's underrated at times and then overrated at times. I don't believe he truly believed in himself at the highest level since he never tried to make the biggest fights during his career. If Lacy didn't call him out and wasn't so eager to face him, he prolly wouldn't have taken that fight. He got Roy and Hopkins when they were old and still got dropped by both.
I definitely feel Hamed should get in the HOF before Calzaghe. I believe when it's Hatton's time he should as well. At least those dudes took the risk of stepping to the truly elite. Hamed failed and Hatton failed against Manny n Floyd, but he did stop Kosta which I think is bigger than anything Calzaghe ever did especially since he was the underdog in that fight.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
It's a crime that Hamed hasn't made it in yet. He made nikkas notice the little guys and brought the paydays down there all while unifying the belts and dominating everybody except for MAB, but I digress. nikkas will just keep repeating the same "he never fought anybody" routine all while touting the names of other boxers who've done less. Yes, this road has definitely been traveled before.
Prince Naseem doesn't make it but Calslappy, one of the biggest frauds in boxing history might make it :dead:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Ricky Hatton would've made the HOF easy if right before he faces Mayweather, goes back to Manchester and faces 'great champions' shot Corrales and 35 yo Freitas then retires instead

Let's be real, anyone who isn't a Broner hater should realize he dominate Paulie as well. I had it 9-3 and the 3 rounds were because Broner didn't do much.
7-5 Paulie.... but since I scored the right way I'm a "hater" :troll:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ricky Hatton would've made the HOF easy if right before he faces Mayweather, goes back to Manchester and faces 'great champions' shot Corrales and 35 yo Freitas then retires instead

Hatton definitely did enough to make it in the HOF. Was lineal champ at 140, got a belt at 147. Beats a solid amount of C and B level fighters. Faces 3 elite fighters during his career and beat one all while being mad popular throughout his career. I know cats ain't fukk with his style like that, but he was very good at what he did.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Calslappy is probably the best ever example of matchmaking when your fighter is a protected ducking fraud

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Calslappy is probably the best ever example of matchmaking when your fighter is a protected ducking fraud

It's funny cuz he always shytted on Ottke during his career for not taking risks, but damn near followed the same blueprint all while being a much better fighter which makes it a damn shame when you look at. He mostly gets his praise for being undefeated though. This is why you'll always get cats arguing against undefeated records when comparing dudes who lost a few times, but beat and fought better comp.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
It's funny cuz he always shytted on Ottke during his career for not taking risks, but damn near followed the same blueprint all while being a much better fighter which makes it a damn shame when you look at. He mostly gets his praise for being undefeated though. This is why you'll always get cats arguing against undefeated records when comparing dudes who lost a few times, but beat and fought better comp.

at least joe c never bytched to the ref..ill give him that..he had skills just no fighter's heart..ottke was 100x worse than him..in a just world that fukk should have like 3-4 losses on his record..i hope he NEVER goes into the HOF