Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Probably.

But why weren't you? He made quick and easy work out of a DECENT fighter.

Yeah Rodriguez had the size and skill set to make it a lil harder of a fight for a guy coming off of two back to back losses. If Cotto would have went life and death with Delvin, cats would have been in here telling him to find the nearest closest so he can hang his fukking career up.

I felt Cotto would win, but I didn't think he'd give dude the beats like that so he got extra points for that shyt to me.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:dwillhuh:
mayweather%20broner%20(1).jpg
:scusthov: at Lil Kim looking like a wax figure at Madame Tussauds

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie wasnt even CONNECTING breh.....people giving him rounds just because he was throwing punches:snoop:

#BandCamp

:ufdup: yet he won on a card by 2 points and lost on another by 2 points. if it was a domination if you claim then that judge that scored it for Paulie would be right where CJ Ross is right now. :rudy:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one who was not impressed with Cotto not one bit ?

it was an impressive victory...shyt just shouldnt be overstated. it was what it was. dont mean he gonna get a rematch and beat Floyd and its getting him set up for an asswhipping with Maravilla. :usure:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I'm sorry but this overwhelming vote for Calzaghe over Hamed by the boxing media is absolutely horrendous...

http://www.boxingscene.com/new-nominees-worthy-boxing-hall-fame-calls--70368

By Lyle Fitzsimmons

All the signs of October are here.

My football team is teetering on the brink of irrelevance after five games played. My baseball team has made this year’s renewal of what’s become an annual postseason flameout. My hockey team has managed, over just 120 minutes on ice, to snuff out any lingering optimism from the preseason.

And, in the mail the other day, a big white envelope arrived from Canastota, N.Y.

In it were the stapled-together bios of this year’s crop of nominees for the International Boxing Hall of Fame, along with the form that will need to be sent indicating my picks for the Class of 2014.

It’s a task that’s among the very best parts of sitting at a keyboard and writing about boxing for a living. But, for those who’ve been reading this space since I got started several years ago, also know it tends to be one of the most conversation-inducing duties as well.

Last year, I was bombarded from all directions for pointing out that Arturo Gatti’s candidacy was far more a product of popularity than greatness, and for writing that the former action hero’s acumen was more indicative of a 50-lap feature at the local fairgrounds than of the Indianapolis 500.

People didn’t like it, but I still believe it’s true.

A couple years back, I got taken to task from more than a few readers for claiming – gasp! – that the halls of Canastota are filled with a lot of fighters for whom sentiment has clearly overtaken accomplishment when it comes to their lifetime bodies of work.

Case in point, ex-heavyweight champ Joe Frazier. He won a splintered version of the championship when its previous possessor, Muhammad Ali, was banned from the ring. And, while he indeed did beat Ali in the first of three matches, he lost the final two decisively – and was bounced off the canvas repeatedly upon meeting the other Hall of Famer of his era, George Foreman.

Possessor of a spectacular left hook? Absolutely. A terrific ambassador for the fighting city of Philadelphia, whose suburbs I called home for 10 years? Without question. But a fighter whose resume – with other title fight wins over the likes of Stander, Daniels, Foster, Ellis, Quarry, Zyglewicz, Bonavena, Ramos and Mathis – was as substantial as his legend? Not a chance.

He’s not the worst fighter in the hall by any stretch, but he was certainly the one – until the arrival of Gatti last year – whose career had been overinflated to the most seam-bursting proportions.

Again, it’s a stance for which I still get flak, but I have no problem taking it.

But all that said, the contents of this year’s envelope appear to be significantly less debate-prompting than what’s been included in past years.

Eligible for the 2014 class are newcomers Joe Calzaghe, Oscar De La Hoya and Felix Trinidad, a trio that accounted for 18 title belts and a combined 127-9 win-loss record across parts of 18 years before each appearing for the final times – Calzaghe and Trinidad against Roy Jones Jr., De La Hoya against Manny Pacquiao – in 2008.

One twist this year: Rather than including the bios for each fighter who’s on the nomination form – some of whom have been there for several years and whose fighting careers were long before I was born – I’ve only included those who were active since I’ve been around. If you’re a fighter whose wheelhouse of activity came significantly before 1969, I’ll leave it to others, each older voters or better researchers, to determine your fate.

Read on for capsule looks at the more “modern” 2014 nominees, along with this column’s vote on whether they ought to be part of the upstate New York celebration in June.

NEW NOMINEES

Joe Calzaghe
Career: 1993-2008
World Championships: WBO Super Middleweight; IBF Super Middleweight; WBA and WBC Super Middleweight
46-0 (32 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 10-0
VOTE: YES

Oscar de la Hoya
Career: 1992-2008
World championships: WBO Super Featherweight; WBO Lightweight; IBF Lightweight; WBC Super Lightweight; WBC Welterweight; WBC Super Welterweight; WBA Super Welterweight; WBO Middleweight; WBC Super Welterweight
Record: 39-6 (30 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 24-5

Felix Trinidad
Career: 1990-2008
World championships: IBF Welterweight; WBC Welterweight; WBA Super Welterweight; IBF Super Welterweight; WBA Middleweight (2001)
Record: 42-3 (35 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 20-1

HOLDOVER NOMINEES

Donald Curry
Career: 1980-1997
World Championships: WBA welterweight; WBC welterweight; IBF welterweight; WBC super welterweight
Record: 34-6 (25 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 6-5
VOTE: NO

Betulio Gonzalez
Career: 1968-1988
World Championships: WBC Flyweight; WBA Flyweight
Record: 77-12-4 (52 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 9-9-2

Yoko Gushiken
Career: 1974-1981
World Championships: WBA junior flyweight
Record: 23-1 (15 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 6-1

Naseem Hamed
Career: 1992-2002
World Championships: WBO Featherweight; IBF Featherweight; WBC Featherweight
Record: 36-1 (31 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 10-1

Carlos Hernandez
Career: 1959-1971
World Championships: World Junior Welterweight
Record: 60-12-4 (41 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 4-6

Rafael Herrera
Career: 1963-86
World Championships: World Bantamweight; WBC Bantamweight
Record: 48-9-4 (19 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 7-3

Santos Laciar
Career: 1976-90
World Championships: WBA Flyweight; WBC Super Flyweight
Record: 79-10-11 (30 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 8-5-1

Jose Legra
Career: 1960-1973
World Championships: WBC Featherweight title
Record: 133-11-4 (50 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 2-5

Miguel Lora
Career: 1979-1993
World Championships: WBC Bantamweight
Record: 37-3 (17 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 8-3

Ernesto Marcel
Career: 1966-1974
World Championships: WBA Featherweight
Record: 40-4-2 (23 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 6-1-1

Henry Maske
Career: 1990-2007
World Championships: IBF Light Heavyweight

Record: 31-1 (11 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 5-1

Dariusz Michalczewski
Career: 1991-2005
World Championships: WBO light heavyweight; WBO Cruiserweight; WBA/IBF Light Heavyweight
Record: 48-2 (38 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 6-2

Sven Ottke
Career: 1997-2004
World Championships: IBF Super Middleweight; WBA Super Middleweight
Record: 34-0 (6 KO)
Record Against champions and Hall of Famers: 8-0

Samuel Serrano
Career: 1969-1997
World Championships: WBA Junior Lightweight
Record: 50-5-1 (17 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 2-3-1

Wilfredo Vazquez
Career: 1981-2002
World Championships: WBA Bantamweight; WBA Super Bantamweight; WBA Featherweight
Record: 56-9-2 (41 KO)
Record against champions and Hall of Famers: 8-7-1

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
To all my fellow boxing brehs, when you get a chance could you check this lil knockout/highlight video I put together. It got some SRL, Bazooka, Freitas, Too Sharp, Tyson, Ricardo Lopez, etc..you know all the ill nikkas and some that got underrated over the years.

If you vibe to the music and feel that shyt, just check this thread out in the booth. Done dropped a new mixtape and if you're a real hip-hop fan you should check it out. Gotta bunch of different types of bangers on there.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/coli-brehs-check-out-my-2nd-full-coli-tunnel-prod-mixtape.153507/

:salute:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
That's crazy that Naz got the same amount of wins vs Champs & HoF's as Joe, but hes not even considered. Outside of Felix & Oscar he has the next best record along with Joe.
Naz will definitely get in someday, if cats like barry mcguigan gets inducted then you know..