Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

qwicknezz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Legit question for this week

1) Why should I care about Stevenson-Cloud?

Cloud is a puncher, who never has stopped A-level talent and always gets exposed by boxers, let alone a fighter who can box and more than likely hits harder than him

2) How unprofessional is Jr?

Will Chavez come in at weight? Like or hate Ariza, he always had his fighters making weight and Chavez Jr camp seems funky to say the least?

3) Will Vera's heart gut it out?

Vera is in the prime spot to win a fight he truly shouldn't and seems to always do a bit better than you think even though his last FNF was dreadful and left many doubts, do you think he will get a fair shake on the cards though?

according to boxing scene the weight limit has been upped yet again to 173... so much for professionalism lol

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
http://www.secondsout.com/headlines/main-headline/marquez-announces-his-retirement

Rafael Marquez announced his retirement earlier this morning. I'm sure a lot of you remember Juan Manuel used to be the "other Marquez brother" when Rafa was running through the bantamweight division. I still like to watch the tetralogy with Israel Vasquez when I'm in a sadistic mood. I wish he would've packed it in after the JuanMa fight. Great action fighter and definitely Hall of Fame bound...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Real cash:bryan:

I was on a losing streak on bovada saw the giants -1 N knew the Panthers had 997545 injuries

Thought no way in hell giants go 0-3:shaq:

Im done with bovada this season:stopitslime:
I feel you dude...them shytty Giants cost me $500. Motherfukkers couldn't cover 1 lousy gotdamn point!!!!!

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
GBP knows that the only fight that could work right now as a moneymaker is with Danny so they are getting the hype machine started early.
I fear this fight may suffer from Canelo bum ass, even though Garcia is the undisputed champ and came up the right way and not fighting fighters 2 divisions smaller like Canelo

I dont see detractors being satisfied with Floyd fighting 154 pounders no more, and they damn sure wont be facing a lww moving up to 147, although garcia walks around at like 175, casual fans wouldn't know that

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I fear this fight may suffer from Canelo bum ass, even though Garcia is the undisputed champ and came up the right way and not fighting fighters 2 divisions smaller like Canelo

I dont see detractors being satisfied with Floyd fighting 154 pounders no more, and they damn sure wont be facing a lww moving up to 147, although garcia walks around at like 175, casual fans wouldn't know that
They could get some pretty decent mileage out of the way Garcia dismantled Matthysse who was hyped up as the most dangerous man at 140 for a minute plus Danny's highlight reel features some name fighters that can be used to pump him up more for spectators. I figure if the fight is made for next May that Showtime/GBP will have the hype machine cranking and have the general public thinking Danny Garcia is the new "The One".

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
They could get some pretty decent mileage out of the way Garcia dismantled Matthysse who was hyped up as the most dangerous man at 140 for a minute plus Danny's highlight reel features some name fighters that can be used to pump him up more for spectators. I figure if the fight is made for next May that Showtime/GBP will have the hype machine cranking and have the general public thinking Danny Garcia is the new "The One".
They better, I need some more Angel Fukkery,Im still mad they axed the Matthysse all access which was planned........

This may be the one fight where Im rooting against Floyd to lose, or at least get hurt or dropped

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The nonsense that is going to jump off when Angel and Floyd Sr get in the same room is going to be classic.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia take a lil stay busy type fight at 147 around January if he does actually get a Floyd fight in May. I like to see these young champs stay busy.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
GBP knows that the only fight that could work right now as a moneymaker is with Danny so they are getting the hype machine started early.
I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia take a lil stay busy type fight at 147 around January if he does actually get a Floyd fight in May. I like to see these young champs stay busy.

it would be in his best interests to take a stay busy 147 fight against someone like abregu, bailey, lopez, etc etc to adjust to the weight

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
it would be in his best interests to take a stay busy 147 fight against someone like abregu, bailey, lopez, etc etc to adjust to the weight

Lopez wouldn't be bad, he's tough, decent skills and power and will make Garcia work a lil bit. Abregu I think is with Top Rank so that might not happen, but that's a real good fight. A Bailey fight wouldn't prove much now and dude would prolly stink it up. If Garcia has a Morales 2 or Khan type of performance along with his Dad talking shyt, that could sell a fight with Floyd.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
One name Paulie Malinaggi:birdman:

I think he should take a stay busy fight too and Paulie would be a good pick. he wouldn't have to worry about getting hurt and Danny's style would neutralize a lot of what Paulie likes to do.