Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
Legit question for this week

1) Why should I care about Stevenson-Cloud?

Cloud is a puncher, who never has stopped A-level talent and always gets exposed by boxers, let alone a fighter who can box and more than likely hits harder than him

2) How unprofessional is Jr?

Will Chavez come in at weight? Like or hate Ariza, he always had his fighters making weight and Chavez Jr camp seems funky to say the least?

3) Will Vera's heart gut it out?

Vera is in the prime spot to win a fight he truly shouldn't and seems to always do a bit better than you think even though his last FNF was dreadful and left many doubts, do you think he will get a fair shake on the cards though?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Cloud is a puncher, who never has stopped A-level talent and always gets exposed by boxers, let alone a fighter who can box and more than likely hits harder than him

Will Chavez come in at weight? Like or hate Ariza, he always had his fighters making weight and Chavez Jr camp seems funky to say the least?

Vera is in the prime spot to win a fight he truly shouldn't and seems to always do a bit better than you think even though his last FNF was dreadful and left many doubts, do you think he will get a fair shake on the cards though?

1) Stevenson-Cloud piques my interest in a couple different ways. Did Cloud learn from his loss to Bhop? Can Cloud take Stevenson's best shot? Can Stevenson take Cloud's power? Is stevenson going to be a one and done 175 champ? I'm definitely not expecting these 2 to box at all lol. I feel somebody is getting stopped.
2)I've never made it shy about how much Jr disgusts me as a fighter and i'm glad Sergio gave him a that lazy eye look for not taking this shyt seriously. He had ample time to get his weight down after this fight was postponed because of a cut. He better make this shyt.
3) I like Vera..not the most skilled guy and at times takes too much punishment but he has heart...still heart only goes so far when Jr comes into the ring damn near a cruiser or in this case possibly a small heavy and can move him around and smother him. I dont think Vera's chin is that solid enough to take that and his power is ok but Jr's one good quality is that he has a good chin (so far) so i don't see a stoppage working either. If it goes to a decision he's not going to get a fair shake unless he convincingly whoops the shyt out of Jr.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

I'm interested just because Stevenson has the power to be a special fighter. He certainly hasn't embarrassed himself with his boxing skills, but he will need to improve vs better opponents. In a division that is often overlooked and can get in ruts, he is exciting. He may be a quick flame out, but guys that can punch like him are sure entertaining while they are there.

I hate Chavez. One of the most overrated fighters by a lot of fans IMO. His footwork and boxing skills suck. He is pretty robotic looking and doesn't have much defense. He made a career by fighting tomato cans and picking on guys at 160 (when he legitimately is probably a struggle 168, solid 175 lb'er) who he knew he would hurt eventually and never had much chance of hurting him.
I want Chavez to fight some legitimate guys at 168 and 175, so he can find out what it is like to get his ass kicked by a guy his own size.

I honestly don't know a lot about Vera, but how convenient at 168 that Junior is fighting a recent 160 lb'er, :rudy: a guy that doesn't have a lot of power, and lost to Andy Lee at 160...a guy who was outboxing Junior, but Lee just wasn't big or strong enough to keep Junior off of him.

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

-Two power punchers, one with only 1 loss to Bernard Hopkins and another coming off a first with one punch KO of 175 King Chad Dawson.........gee, I don't know

-Unprofessional? When has he missed weight? Until then, there's nothing to talk about. How he conducts his camp is not our problem, only thing we are concerned about is results, and as it stands he's made weight consistently at middleweight. Never mind the weed charge, that's a 1920's highly uneducated train of thought that weed is a banned, illegal substance. And no, I don't smoke.

-Vera is a top 15-20 middleweight, against a top 5-10 guy. He doesn't need to win as much as simply look like he belongs in the ring with Chavez. Even if he's stopped, he's a hard nosed fighter who needs to stay in character and go out on his shield if he has to. Nobody is expecting him to win, they're just expecting him to be Brian Vera.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I never understood the hate for JCCjr

Muhfukkers cry bout him fighting smaller guys at middleweight.... meanwhile they favorite fighters do the same shyt

GGG making a whole career fighting blown up jmws

Lee & Rubio > Macklin

:umad:
chavez544.jpg

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Daps

Muhfukkers cry bout him fighting smaller guys at middleweight.... meanwhile they favorite fighters do the same shyt

Lee & Rubio > Murray

chavez544.jpg

Are you referring to Matthew Macklin?

SuikodenII

Daps
I meant Macklin is a bum....Murray is decent

Lee is a bum too never said he wasn't...Rubio is decent so my original statement was

Lee N Rubio > Macklin
Macklin is no bum. In fact, none of the guys listed are. All three are very strong, I'd love to see a fight between any combination of the three. I know Lee is fighting Spada this Saturday, let's wait and see how he looks.

A Middleweight Bum would be........Jermain Taylor (WAY past it), Akio Shibata (you get thrashed in a couple of rounds by a debutant?), Gregorz Proksa (such high hopes after the Sylvester fight, but no)

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Lee & Rubio > Macklin

chavez544.jpg
Right here GGG's trainer says GGG walking around weight is 168. I have heard that from a lot of boxing pundits, that GGG is actually not that big of a dude. But he does say he is willing to fight anyone up to 168.
http://www.inquisitr.com/835735/gennady-golovkin-talks-future-in-boxing/
The label of most ducked fighter, may be an overstatement, but lets not act like guys are running to fight him. His problem is that he is not a huge draw, therefore he can't make his opponents money on his name alone...so for many of the bigger named opponents it isn't worth the risk.
But let's not act like GGG wouldn't fight every fighter at 160, cause we all know he would. (That doesn't make him the boogeyman or favorite in every fight, I think there isn't a person he wouldn't fight at 160).

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Lee & Rubio > Macklin

chavez544.jpg

because jr a lazy bum who's slacks in his training :pachaha:..not too hard to understand breh..and now thats hes venturing to 168 and possibly 175..i expect more pics like this after his fights

julio_cesar_chavez_jr._3-296x300.jpg

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Right here GGG's trainer says GGG walking around weight is 168. I have heard that from a lot of boxing pundits, that GGG is actually not that big of a dude. But he does say he is willing to fight anyone up to 168.
http://www.inquisitr.com/835735/gennady-golovkin-talks-future-in-boxing/
The label of most ducked fighter, may be an overstatement, but lets not act like guys are running to fight him. His problem is that he is not a huge draw, therefore he can't make his opponents money on his name alone...so for many of the bigger named opponents it isn't worth the risk.
But let's not act like GGG wouldn't fight every fighter at 160, cause we all know he would. (That doesn't make him the boogeyman or favorite in every fight, I think there isn't a person he wouldn't fight at 160).

That's good breh...I use GGG as an example because they've accomplished N done bout the same.... yet one is praised N one is shytted on

We haven't seen if GGG can take a punch or his heart or how he deals with adversity but jr is a bum N GGG is Godzilla