Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I don't base any of my picks based on a fighter's potential. I go by what you actually do in the ring & the type of competition you do it against.

Guerrero beats Maidana comfortably. He's not the type of fighter to beat a guy like Guerrero. You really have a low opinion of Guerrero's boxing ability if you actually pick Maidana to beat him.

Let's talk about Broner. At this point of his career, I don't think he can beat Guerrero. In the future, definitely but not right now. I am not even sold on Broner at 147 right now against the top guys there. He's only at 147, because the goal is to fast track him into a PPV star. He looked extremely small at 147. The power isn't really there. I think the better option was to go back to 135 & try to make a Gamboa fight. After that go to 140, & than eventually settle into 147. I do think he's very entertaining and will make a great addition to 147. Broner is faster, but he can be timed.

Thurman is 21-0 with 19 KO's. He has NEVER fought a top tier guy. When the competition steps up, that little KO percentage is going down. Based on what he's actually done so far, im not picking him to beat Guerrero.

You seem to have a low opinion of Guerrero, so we'll agree to disagree

It's not that I think lowly of Guerrero, I'm just not sold with him at 147. I think Guerrero should fight at 140. I agree with your assessment of Broner almost to a T. I can't see The Can Man making 135 anymore, he should make Gamboa come to 140 then beat the breaks off him.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I stopped frequenting ESB back when every thread was about how scared Roy Jones was of Dariusz Michalczewski and that Michalczewski would have made easy work of Roy. Debating those knuckleheads on that issue was tiring and not worth the effort.
Haven't been back since.
The Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing forum is the only one worth a damn. Although ESB does have some very good posters they are 1 in every 10,000

yo moms

drunk
Daps
The Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing forum is the only one worth a damn. Although ESB does have some very good posters they are 1 in every 10,000

The classic forum is good.

And the British forum is good for us Brits. There's a few high profile pros who actually post on there regularly.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The classic forum is good.

And the British forum is good for us Brits. There's a few high profile pros who actually post on there regularly.
Not big on british boxing so the forum doesn't really apply to me. And the classic is a great forum with a dearth of knowledge, the only problem IMO are the fantasy fights only judging a fighter by their resume shyt, I can't stand it

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
by the way what time is the burns-beltran fight supposed to start for tomorrow EST? I know its gonna be on Wealth TV...I just want to make sure not too start doing my actual work for the job too close to that time...gotta keep my priorities in order brehs and brehette :lolbron:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
by the way what time is the burns-beltran fight supposed to start for tomorrow EST? I know its gonna be on Wealth TV...I just want to make sure not too start doing my actual work for the job too close to that time...gotta keep my priorities in order brehs and brehette :lolbron:
3pm eastern

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta