Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69287#ixzz2dyk4heqC
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Roger Mayweather works with Adrien Broner in Las Vegas
Posted by: Chris Robinson on 9/4/2013 .

By Chris Robinson

As reported by HustleBoss.com/BoxingScene.com recently, Cincinnati-based trainer Mike Stafford is entertaining the idea of training his core group of fighters, which includes three-division world champion Adrien Broner, temporarily in Las Vegas within the coming weeks.

Stafford will arrive to Vegas next week, as two of his fighters, Jamel Herring and Robert Easter Jr., were lined up with bouts at the MGM Grand on Sept. 12. It actually turns out that Broner is already in the city, as he was spotted getting a workout inside of the Mayweather Boxing Club on Tuesday afternoon.

Broner’s regimen wasn’t particularly grueling on this day, but it was interesting to see him on the pads with former heavyweight contender Nate Jones and later with Roger Mayweather.

Working together for the first time, Mayweather and Broner paced their routine on the mitts, with Roger giving pointers along the way.

Following Broner’s workout, I asked Roger what he thought of his time guiding the young champion.

“Like working with anybody else,” Roger said. “The thing about it is, I thought [he] was small. He’s bigger than I thought he was. He aint that small.

“My thing is to keep his hands moving, keep his head moving, and box,” Roger later added.

Broner moved up two divisions from the lightweight class in his last bout when he captured the WBA welterweight crown from Paulie Malignaggi with a split-decision victory in Brooklyn this past June.

He appears to now be lined up with another pivotal clash, this one with Argentinean power-puncher Marcos Maidana on Nov. 9.

While Broner has maintained that he can still make the lightweight limit if need be, Roger insists he could see him growing into a full-fledged welterweight in due time.

“Easy, easy, easy,” Roger responded.

Never one to be smitten by your average prizefighter, Roger paid Broner some definite respect when asked if the 24-year old could serve as one of the ambassadors of the sport in the coming years.

“I’m sure,” Roger replied. “He’s a well-schooled kid.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Floyd Mayweather Sr.........:ufdup:

Roger Mayweather has now seen the light and knows that About Billions is really a "Problem":ohlawd:

#BandCamp

:blessed:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Why is GGG dressed like a 1980s yacht captain? Also, that's a pretty serious height differential...
What amazes me to is that GGG says he can make 154, when he mentions wanting to fight Floyd. And Curtis used to fight at 168...at his reported 5'7".

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol@this obvious duck fest
like Guerrero wouldn't get smacked around by Broner, Maidana and Thurman

Guerrero lost to one of the goat's & now has seem to become underrated. I guess this should be expected, because your only as good as your last fight. Before the Floyd fight, dude hadn't lost in 7-8 yrs.

I don't care what anyone says, Guerrero was a very good solid win. I just watched a replay of the fight & dude really brought it early in the fight.

I don't see Broner or Thurman beating Guerrero yet.

C'mon Maidana. Way too basic to beat a guy like Guerrero man.

This is why I stick to boxing message board these guys here don't know shiit

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Guerrero lost to one of the goat's & now has seem to become underrated. I guess this should be expected, because your only as good as your last fight. Before the Floyd fight, dude hadn't lost in 7-8 yrs.

I don't care what anyone says, Guerrero was a very good solid win. I just watched a replay of the fight & dude really brought it early in the fight.

I don't see Broner or Thurman beating Guerrero yet.

C'mon Maidana. Way too basic to beat a guy like Guerrero man.

This is why I stick to boxing message board these guys here don't know shiit

what other boxing boards? im curious breh :patrice:...other than boxingscene forums..the other ones are not that much better if at all

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
"Stevens...is a good boy"

golovkin-stevens%20(3).jpg

Stevens looking like he just met death :why:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what other boxing boards? im curious breh :patrice:...other than boxingscene forums..the other ones are not that much better if at all

You know what that is actually true. Fans fall for hype every single time, whether it's eastside or boxingscene. You'll have a prospect that has the usual undefeated record for fighting bums & these clowns fall for it every time. At least on boxing boards, you'll have a few more people on there that actually can tell what's going on.