Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Remember when bentt and herbie hide went at it bad at the press conference..proper brawl! Was Bentt Nation of Islam?

:blessed: And the fight took place @ Millwalls ground aswell :dead:

I've been tryin to find a full video of it since forever. I only saw parts of it as a kid when it made the news.

Wasnt Michael Bentt in Paper Soldiers 2 as the Crazy Chicken character

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
Another ep of BadCulture Radio tonight. Topics include last night's Golden Boy Live Card, Tommy Morrison's passing, this weekend's Mitchell/Arreola fight, Stevens/Golovkin and of course "The One". Who's jumpin on tonight? 8pm PST

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick Blurb..

I mentioned it briefly over a month ago when it happened. CBS and its networks went black on Time Warner Cable. The blackout ended yesterday after 32 days. CBS tried to play hardball but I have a feeling they are the ones that caved in the most. A lot of people think this is solely due to the NFL season beginning. Its much more than that. Just 2 weeks from "The One"....CBS/Showtime could not afford to be black leading up to this fight. It would damage promotion and lose a lot of eyeballs. I dont think the general public knows how serious the blackout was when it comes to this fight. The PPV wouldve taken a serious hit. I mean a potential 100-200k buys. That would be disastrous.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...ord-to-end-blackout-on-time-warner-cable.html

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
“Keith Thurman against Robert 'The Ghost' Guerrero is a fight I would be interested to see. Sometimes I have crazy ideas but I like to see good fights,” Schaefer said. “I’m no different than any fight fan whether I’m the promoter of the fight or a spectator, and I felt Thurman against Guerrero would have been an interesting fight. But Guerrero and his team were not interested.”

Guerrero co-manager Luis DeCubas Jr. also acknowledged that it was not a fight they were interested in.

According to Schaefer, Guerrero was more interested in challenging the winner of the proposed Broner-Maidana fight for the belt.

“I said, ‘OK, but that wouldn’t be until next spring,’ and they said they would be OK with waiting,” Schaefer said.

It seems to me that because Guerrero’s purse was $3 million to face Mayweather, he doesn’t need the money right now so why not kick back and relax, and wait for a world title fight?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/5236/guerrero-not-interested-in-thurman-fight

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
lol@this obvious duck fest
like Guerrero wouldn't get smacked around by Broner, Maidana and Thurman
I can understand Guerrero's reasoning from a business standpoint. He has a nice little chunk of change in the bank from the Mayweather fight so he doesn't need to rush into his next fight and he is looking to make the most money with his future bouts and as much as I like Thurman that is not where a big purse is going to come from. As far as maximizing his earning potential he should look past Thurman at either Broner or Maidana.