Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats bullshyt nikka, Foyd has fought nothing but number 1's fukk yall wnt him to do fight heavy weights

Now if Floyd lost, imagine how much further he'll get slighted ATG, he'll be nowhere near the Leonards

really depends on who he loses to and how he loses. Floyd was the best during his era. An era that included the Mosely's, DLH's, Pacquiao's, Klitschko's, etc. So how will his contemporaries rank all time? Floyd will never rank above or equal to SRL for the simple fact that he didnt beat as many top fighters in his weight range. He deserves a lot of credit for Corrales...as SRL did with Hearns...but of course Hearns was much better. Then SRL had Benitez, Duran, and the Hagler win which may even be better than the Hearns win.

There was a fight that REALLY couldve enhanced Floyd's legacy.....Kostya Tszyu. Why? Because Tszyu was the best 140lber at the time. He missed on Manny and Canelo hasnt done much yet even though he is considered the top JMW. If he beats Canelo, and Canelo goes on to be a long reigning or multi division champ...then that could be a great win for him. That would be akin to RJJ over Hopkins though...and nikkas still dont want to give Roy credit for that win so....:manny:

Although it may have been unreasonable..the much discussed fight with Winky wouldve been huge for him as well. Floyd's only win against a long reigning champion or truly dominant force in a division was Corrales. Next closest thing would be Chicanito...but he had already lost to Oscar. Again, Floyd beat some great names...but not dominant fighters at the time.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/stieglitz-vs-ekpo-mthalane-vs-olteanu-on-october-19--69217

WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (45-3, 26 KOs) will make a voluntary defense of his world titleon October 19th against WBO number 7 ranked Isaac Ekpo (22-1, 16 KO's) from Nigeria. The fight is going to take place in Leipzig, Germany. Ekpo, unbeaten since 2008 and winner of his last 18, has spent his entire career in Nigeria and Ghana. Based on his record he is taking a serious step up in class with the champion. Stieglitz will have to face mandatory challenger Arthur Abraham next in a trilogy bout.

In addition, SES still presents a world championship fight between IBF world flyweight titleholder Moruti Mthalane (29-2, 20 KO's) and the Spanish challenger Silvio Olteanu (14-6-1, 6 KO's).

Robert Stieglitz: "This is the last title defense this year, Leipzig is a special city for me, you are not far from Magdeburg and I have a lot of fans. Ekpo is a daredevil and muscular. I have to work with my legs and work on speed. I will train for two weeks in Ptuj, Slovenia. My team mate Jan Zaveck has invited me."

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt is crazy...was just reading about him a few days ago. :damn:

RIP to the Duke

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
RIP Tommy.

He went super hardcore with his parading/partying during his limelight, he went raw on many women plus was into DP and orgy sessions. He was known for this on vegas..i guess all that shyt caught up to him with the HIV shyt.