Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The return is almost here Brehs :blessed:

chase_and_julio_jr._....jpg

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The ali girls love their white men....I know laila used to be married to a brother but had more white partners. Lol, just saying.

yeah this was surprising...they're bad as shyt..esp the twins :ohlawd: and they mess with swagless looking white guys..:scusthov:..i think laila and ali jr are the only ones i know that married black

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's his dumb ass promoters fault just as much as his.

i will never understand, how as a promoter you let your best fighter,

(1) go in the backyard of his opponent for a big fight like this
(2) take home 30% of a 2 million dollar purse, ward made 1.3 million dawson 600k :snoop:
(3) go down to 168, and not even think about a catch weight or even bringing ward up to 175

even thought chad is not that big of a draw, he was the man at 175, and the way his team negotiated for him going into this fight was like he had no leverage going into it. its fukkking mind boggling, that he fought on all of wards terms.

always 2 sides... in defense of Chad

1) Chad didnt want to sit, he wanted to stay busy and relevant....two things that are hard as hell to do today.
2) He thought he could beat him
3) He still had the WBC title so he felt if he lost a reasonable decision it wouldnt hurt his stature
4) HBO probably did pressure him...truth be told. They were looking for food for Ward because thats who they want to be one of the faces of the network.

the flip side

1) He has a horrible team, one of the worst.. including a wife for a manager :snoop:
2) Mentally and competitively...he doesnt have the makeup as a guy who wants to be dominant
3) His main objective is about a check and keeping one coming in. His seemingly lack of interest in working with a good trainer or two....putting in work in the gym...and accepting responsibility makes it look like he just prostitutes himself for paydays.

He is at a point now to where he has made enough money to where his hunger is at a much decreased level. He can win fights based on his talent alone...but he couldve been a much better fighter if he had a more dog like mentality and was a smarter businessman concerning his team and handlers.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
always 2 sides... in defense of Chad

1) Chad didnt want to sit, he wanted to stay busy and relevant....two things that are hard as hell to do today.
2) He thought he could beat him
3) He still had the WBC title so he felt if he lost a reasonable decision it wouldnt hurt his stature
4) HBO probably did pressure him...truth be told. They were looking for food for Ward because thats who they want to be one of the faces of the network.

the flip side

1) He has a horrible team, one of the worst.. including a wife for a manager :snoop:
2) Mentally and competitively...he doesnt have the makeup as a guy who wants to be dominant
3) His main objective is about a check and keeping one coming in. His seemingly lack of interest in working with a good trainer or two....putting in work in the gym...and accepting responsibility makes it look like he just prostitutes himself for paydays.

He is at a point now to where he has made enough money to where his hunger is at a much decreased level. He can win fights based on his talent alone...but he couldve been a much better fighter if he had a more dog like mentality and was a smarter businessman concerning his team and handlers.
the bolded is a big problem...crystal is cool as hell, little ghetto for me, but she doesn't know shyt about boxing but chad doesnt want to hear that shyt

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too bad this list is not credibly sound with logic. This generation overhyped an undefeated record. But history wont. Needless to say, ill rearrange this list as I see fit-

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Sugar Ray Leonard
4. Roy Jones Jnr
5. Joe Louis
6. Roberto Duran
7. Mike Tyson
8. Floyd Mayweather Jnr
9. Rocky Marciano
10. Joe Calzaghe

Breh, I respect you as a poster as I do everyone on here...but you gotta explain to me the logic behind Calzaghe? He is not even the best fighter from the UK. What list is this again? Is this your opinion for GOATs? I am a fan of most of the guys you listed. SRR, Ali, Louis, and Duran all belong....but SRL too damn high. He was the predecessor to DLH and FMJ. Tyson's dominance was fierce but so short of a prime that I couldnt rate him about Lennox or Evander. Marciano never belonged in top 10...maybe not even HW in my book. Roy's resume keeps him out of any top 10 list. Floyd...even lower. Had bigger names...but how many were at optimal fighting age or weight? Those are just my opinions...but the one that clearly stands out on your list as incomprehensible is Calzaghe.

Robinson, Ali, Duran, Louis would all be in my top 10....but Whitaker, Hagler, Armstrong, and maybe Pep and Johnson would make it in my top 10. Would you really rate Calzaghe over JCCsr, Toney, or B-Hop? Joe is on a tier somewhere around the Winky's and Norris' and I even thought they were better fighters.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the bolded is a big problem...crystal is cool as hell, little ghetto for me, but she doesn't know shyt about boxing but chad doesnt want to hear that shyt
and thats the biggest weakness he has mentally. he only wants people to do what he wants them to do. tell him what he wants to hear. he wants to be coddled. thats why he changes trainers. he doesnt want to be pushed. he was a bad match for FMS because FMS talked shyt to him and he is too fragile to take it in a positive manner.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz-090213.htm
Some very sad news is being reported that late last night (10 minutes before midnight) Tommy Morrison, the former Heavyweight Boxing Champion passed away at the age of 44. According to a report by Darren Barcomb (MMADIrt.com)... Barcomb reports that the tragic news has been confirmed by Tommy's wife, Trisha.

It was recently reported that Tommy was suffering from Miller Fisher Syndrome/Guillain Barre Syndrome.

According to Barcomb's report, the cause of death was respiratory and metabolic acidosis and multiple organ failure.

RIP Champ!

Our hearts and prayers go out to Tommy's wife, family and close friends.

I'll be posting the most memorable moments in his career shortly..........:rip: