Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh: Not bad. The battle for Brooklyn lol. I got Zab if this goes down.

Zab will still forever be on my shyt list for all the times I was backing him and he let me down/made me look like a fool. Then again you know what they say. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... :sadcam:

knew this fight has been brewing for a while...and its a great fight for both of them...makes total sense. I am happy for both guys...this is kind of a pinnacle fight for them as they close out their respective careers. I do think Paulie is tailor made for Zab though.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Toney....overrated? I know I aint been on much lately....but still some things never change. I aint gonna get up in ya right now...but I do agree that Ward wasnt fukkin with prime Toney at 168. Then again....the one visible weakness that Toney had was he was able to be outworked....like Griffin did him.
Griffin wasnt no world beater, thats the thing about Toney Jones Ward etc, so what they fought bums padding their resume in a weak division, when they stepped up they took ass whippings, that has yet to happen to Ward as of yet, he did look like shyt vs Bika, so Im not completely sold on him, good fighter never nothing seen to make me think he's special, he's a good pizza with no toppings..........:manny:

Toney too much power, to great of a defense, not nothing to worry back form Ward, 9-3 , 10-2 Toney

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Exactly, let Ward beat guys like Cloud, Stevenson, Pascal, and Kovalev at 175 before we start saying this nikka can beat HOF type legends like Toney.
Ex-fukking-actly......

nikka dont even have the heart to fight out of his home town where he could dictating things and now he's beating HOF's, nikka hasn't even beat one yet HOF yet let alone a elite fighter(including Froch), Ward is a Roy protege so he'll continue to milk bums, lets see how HBO blackballing him to a certain degree; helps things

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Toney....overrated? I know I aint been on much lately....but still some things never change. I aint gonna get up in ya right now...but I do agree that Ward wasnt fukkin with prime Toney at 168. Then again....the one visible weakness that Toney had was he was able to be outworked....like Griffin did him.

being outworked wasn't a problem for toney at 168..he only lost to roy at that weight...he fought griffin at 175 and that was when he was getting outworked by griffin and more embarrassingly, drake thadzi..Christ that fight was something to watch :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Griffin wasnt no world beater, thats the thing about Toney Jones Ward etc, so what they fought bums padding their resume in a weak division, when they stepped up they took ass whippings, that has yet to happen to Ward as of yet, he did look like shyt vs Bika, so Im not completely sold on him, good fighter never nothing seen to make me think he's special, he's a good pizza with no toppings..........:manny:

Toney too much power, to great of a defense, not nothing to worry back form Ward, 9-3 , 10-2 Toney

breh no has looked good against bika :russ:..even the cats who have beaten him

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
being outworked wasn't a problem for toney at 168..he only lost to roy at that weight...he fought griffin at 175 and that was when he was getting outworked by griffin and more embarrassingly, drake thadzi..Christ that fight was something to watch :snoop:
By the Jones fight, Toney was struggling to make 168. Which is why he didn't show up in that fight and immediately jumped to 175 afterwards. I still think Roy beats Toney even if he wasn't weight drained, but it would be a closer/better fight.

Yea, that Thadzi fight was terrible. That's what I'm saying about Toney. For as great as he was, dude could really be inconsistent as fukk and lay a dud when you least expect it to fighters that he shouldn't be struggling against :snoop:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Ex-fukking-actly......

nikka dont even have the heart to fight out of his home town where he could dictating things and now he's beating HOF's, nikka hasn't even beat one yet HOF yet let alone a elite fighter(including Froch), Ward is a Roy protege so he'll continue to milk bums, lets see how HBO blackballing him to a certain degree; helps things

Too much truth, go stand in the corner....

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I wouldn't be surprised if Ward beat Toney at 168...he was already in the decline at that point. Not that his skills were deteriorating, just his will power to keep his weight down.

He's battled and lost to his weight issues moreso than his opponents his entire career :wow:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
breh no has looked good against bika :russ:..even the cats who have beaten him
Is Bika elite, put a Bika in the ring with Bhop and see what happens.............................
By the Jones fight, Toney was struggling to make 168. Which is why he didn't show up in that fight and immediately jumped to 175 afterwards. I still think Roy beats Toney even if he wasn't weight drained, but it would be a closer/better fight.

Yea, that Thadzi fight was terrible. That's what I'm saying about Toney. For as great as he was, dude could really be inconsistent as fukk and lay a dud when you least expect it to fighters that he shouldn't be struggling against :snoop:
Even still, he's levels above Ward, Ward hasnt proved anything so far, absolutely nothing

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Is Bika elite, put a Bika in the ring with Bhop and see what happens.............................

Even still, he's levels above Ward, Ward hasnt proved anything so far, absolutely nothing
doesn't matter if you think he's elite or not...dude is very unorthodox and wild with a damned good chin...he gives fighters problems...bhop vs bika would be a guaranteed strugglefest not only for them but for us to watch lol..we're not talking about prime bhop..we're talking about current day cagey old bhop who is not in his physical prime