Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thing is only dude who I can say legit bet on himself is Devin Haney. Dudes like Boots and his team talk good, and at first you feel bad for them but then when you see the reality it makes sense why they are where they are.

Most folks never knew Boots was never a PBC fighter, yet PBC gets blamed. And then Boots going the IBF path vs WBO when he was ranked in both, especially when he still had to wait for Bud Spence fight in retrospect is looking suspicious if Bud is really who he wants (the assumption iyou can make is Spence had 3/4 belts so better bang for your buck to force a fight with him, but after seeing how the Bud vs Spence fight went you can now plant the seed for an argument legit or not Boots and team felt Spence was the easier of the 2).

Boots won't get credit for unifying or undisputing a weak 147 when at 154 its an ass off nikkas who are straight savages lol.

Boots vs Lubin
Boots vs Charlo
Boots vs Tim
Boots vs Virgil
Boots vs Madromove
Boots vs MAndoza
Boots vs dude who just lost to Virgil
Boots vs Spence in Dallas

Thats bout 3 years of fights that define legacy that don't need a belt if we being real

this is what I am saying...he may not get much credit but he will get the title of being "the man" at 147. BHOP stayed at 160 forever because there was no one there yet he couldve went to 168 or 175 where bigger names were. he did the work, after he accomplished what he wanted THEN he moved up for the more lucrative paydays. the best thing is to not overthink it. I know BHOP was old but dont look at your mid-thirties as being a death sentence.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Turki dont run Bud, but you have to look at the scenario...Bud dont have that many options if he is fighting more for legacy than money.
yea I don't know why he keep trying frame it like Turki got a gun to these nikkas heads
If anything Turki is MORE flexible than the real promoters since you can always just tell him foh and go elsewhere (ie: Canelo, Tank, Tszyu).
Wth would Turki foot the bill for people to cherry pick opponents :what:. I thought that was the whole problem with boxing. Now we mad somebody is trying to push for real fights :dead:. He telling you up front he got a bag but it's for this opponent, if you don't like it go fight Fundora or whoever.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps

Their first two fights are technical masterpieces. First fight was one of the best ever for the combination of action and brilliant technical skills.

I thought Toney won the first and then McCallum winning the rematch by 1. It was very close.

It was nice in the early 90s to see p4p guys like Toney and Chavez keeping such busy schedules.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Turki dont run Bud, but you have to look at the scenario...Bud dont have that many options if he is fighting more for legacy than money. He is going to get the same amount for most of the fighters around his weight class. the only one that stands apart financially is Canelo and Turki gave his offer and it fell apart. Bud wants Fundora because he has two belts, then he wants Tszyu likely because he has the other.

That scenario of Bud being the "aging legend" against "young and hungry lions" is still a path that is very marketable for Bud. Would love to see him fight the next generation of Tszyu, Ortiz, Teo, Boots, etc.

If he wants to lean all the way into Legacy and fight these fights that will age like wine 5-10 years from now, the path is right there for Bud

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
too bad its in fukking saudia arabia. :mjlol:

hate-hate-hate-yeah.gif