Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
no one wants to fight him at 147, so he won’t be able to unify no matter what

he won’t have a big size advantage at 154, why would he be ducked. 154 is loaded with plenty of young talent, big mf’s

They'll just duck him there

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

he won’t have a big size advantage at 154, why would he be ducked. 154 is loaded with plenty of young talent, big mf’s

They'll just duck him there

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Boots is going to struggle with any legit top 5 at 154. To me I would favor Tszyu, Fundora, Dream over him. Maybe Ortiz too but the is not much reason to make that fight. All of them are too young and fresh. He could take Spence or Thurman and those are not given and Charlo would be a very dangerous fight. However he is the man at 147 and can dominate there absolutely.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Boots is going to struggle with any legit top 5 at 154. To me I would favor Tszyu, Fundora, Dream over him. Maybe Ortiz too but the is not much reason to make that fight. All of them are too young and fresh. He could take Spence or Thurman and those are not given and Charlo would be a very dangerous fight. However he is the man at 147 and can dominate there absolutely.

Boots want sto build his mythos before 154 but shyt is a waste of fukking time

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boots want sto build his mythos before 154 but shyt is a waste of fukking time

I don’t think it’s a waste of time. The problem is boxing politics today. When a fighter gets a name his team don’t want him to fight if it ain’t a certain amount of bread. When I grew up a champion fought more than twice a calendar. Even in the early 2000’s some fighters that had multiple belts fight each mando and some optionals.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don’t think it’s a waste of time. The problem is boxing politics today. When a fighter gets a name his team don’t want him to fight if it ain’t a certain amount of bread. When I grew up a champion fought more than twice a calendar. Even in the early 2000’s some fighters that had multiple belts fight each mando and some optionals.

My issue with Boots right now is them taking "negotiation" = don't want to fight. It shows how stupid his team is and why dude is 30-0 or whatever with people nobody care about. Stephen Espinoza was setting up Boots but Boots was signed to Showtime and not PBC thus PBC had no incentive to care about his career. if 2 outta 4 Belts are with PBC why sign with MAtchroom who has literally nobody? lol

PBC woulda made perfect sense for Boots 147 and 154 career

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
why sign with MAtchroom who has literally nobody? lol
he explained why
Matchroom promised to keep him active, something PBC has trouble doing with the majority of their fighters
To be fair, the 1 event Matchroom did for him was bigger/better than any event Showtime put together for him :manny:
They just need to keep that momentum going. Eddie just signed him and is probably not trying to put dude in a 50/50 or even 60/40 fight right away without making money off him first so it might be a slow roll to start but there are fights out there for Boots that don't involve pbc. he/eddie just needs to be serious about taking them. Norman at 147, Ortiz, Bud and the eastern euros at 154