Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You went and researched that shyt?:russ:

Nah, Spence is a good body puncher and a solid welterweight, I'm a huge fan, I got merch etc, as well as Crawford. Canelo is a bore.

But he's a lot bigger than any of those guys, especially welterweights, he fights at 175 and 168 you moron.

So fukking knock this shyt off.

You probably one of them that can only talk about 6 rings when Jordan goat convo is brought up.

You sir….
geJtv3V.png

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My view is two things can be true

1. Is Canelo a hypocrite when it comes to fighting Bud? Yes. Canelo has no problem fighting smaller guys. And majority of his fights at 168 have been smaller guys that moved up to 168. Mungia and Ryder. And Canelo himself came in at 166 pounds in his last fight

2. BUT, is Undisputed at 154 for Bud a way better achievement? Absolutely. I think for Crawford he's very 1 track minded toward Canelo right now, and I hope he snaps out of it. In 10 years he doesn't realize that 3 times Undisputed is WAY more impressive for his legacy than a Canelo fight. Fundora is attached to the WBC/WBO and Tim Tszyu is now attached to the IBF. It's literally a yellow brick road to Undisputed, just focus on that Bud

its not a better achievement. history wont see it that way. Fundora and Tszyu are not great fighters, you would have to bank of them becoming that in the future to enhance those victories in hindsight I might add. Canelo is a legacy fight, especially if Bud can dethrone him as the smaller man. the belts dont mean much today. Canelo said that himself. the fighters make the belt not the other way around.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the Bivol fight had him reasses his limits. Before that mandem was talking about fighting makubu for the cruiserweight title and even usyk at heavyweight. Its nice to believe in yourself and he is an elite fighter but sometimes you need to reel it in:hubie:

no, he thought Bivol was a chump. he got outboxed. same thing wouldve happened at 168. size, length, skill , style > weight
which is why he doesnt want Benevidez. David style combined with his weight is too much of a problem for him. if Benevidez didnt have a pressruing style Canelo would be fighting him.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
funny saw canelo on MDWoG and he said All the biggest fighters before him called the shots. the difference is his resume is trash compared to theirs. all those guys went for the BIGGEST fights that paid the MOST money, ODLH fought absolute killers, JCC didnt have to fight Taylor or Whitaker, Whitaker back then was seen as less attractive than Bud in the ring because he wasnt knocking anyone out. the only one who didnt face EVERYONE was Floyd but to his defense, the guys he didnt fight were never the biggest fights possible financially.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Is Turki actually related to the royal family of Saudi Arabia? I thought he was just some guy appointed to the position.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Is Turki actually related to the royal family of Saudi Arabia? I thought he was just some guy appointed to the position.
No but he's very high up in the hierarchy and probably more powerful than many members of the royal family
According to this article he's MBS right hand man and helped usher him into power.

To prevent any leaks, all mobile phones, including those of the palace staff, were seized by guards loyal to MBS. One senior member of the royal family, who tried to enter the palace after Nayef, was turned away at the gates. The prince was allegedly ushered into a room with Turki al-Sheikh, a close MBS confidante with a gruff, intimidating manner and a predilection for expensive Richard Mille watches. (Sheikh would later be promoted to head the General Entertainment Authority – an agency that seeks to soften Saudi Arabia’s image by, among other things, hosting giant raves in the desert.)

Sheikh allegedly confined Nayef to the room for hours, pressuring him to sign a resignation letter and pledge allegiance to MBS. At first, Nayef refused. According to one source close to the prince, he was told that if he did not give up his claim to the throne, his female family members would be raped. Nayef’s medication for hypertension and diabetes was withheld, and he was told that if he did not step down willingly, his next destination would be the hospital. He was so afraid of being poisoned that night, said another royal family source, that he refused to drink even water.
Sounds like he's a legit goon, wonder if he was involved with that journalist getting his head cut off. This is kind of crazy if true

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
No but he's very high up in the hierarchy and probably more powerful than many members of the royal family
According to this article he's MBS right hand man and helped usher him into power.

Sounds like he's a legit goon, wonder if he was involved with that journalist getting his head cut off. This is kind of crazy if true
Would not be surprised

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
its not a better achievement. history wont see it that way. Fundora and Tszyu are not great fighters, you would have to bank of them becoming that in the future to enhance those victories in hindsight I might add. Canelo is a legacy fight, especially if Bud can dethrone him as the smaller man. the belts dont mean much today. Canelo said that himself. the fighters make the belt not the other way around.

I mean yeah if you are doing a 1 for 1 comparison. Beating Canelo is better than Tim and Fundora combined. But like you said we would have to see in the future if they become great

Body of work of 3 time undisputed with Bud's resume is better to me. Belts do matter. If it didn't Canelo himself would have dropped the 168 belts already and do a trilogy with Berlanga and Jake Paul to make money. He was willing to schedule a fight with William Scull to get that IBF belt back

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
What y’all don’t realize is weight class is a business! Every fighter you see at a weight class doesnt mean thats where his natural weight is. I can reel off names. Oscar starved himself to get a title at 130, he could have started at 135. SSM was 140 as an amateur but was 135lb champion. Ward was a 160lb amateur who fought as LHW in the Olympics! THEN went back down to 168 as a pro!

what do you mean Canelo vs Charlo ruined the game??? what did that fight do that had not already been done?

This is true, and it’s exploded in recent decades thanks in large part to:

-change in weigh-in procedures
-4 recognized titles instead of 2

After the Mancini-Kim tragedy in 82’ and the cancelled Spinks-Muhammad rematch a year later, they started weighing the day before instead of the day of. The IBF and WBO also came around in the 80s.

Oscar got his 130 lb title from the WBO. I’m not sure exactly when the WBO got more worldwide credibility. Nobody considered Mercer-Morrison a legit HW world title fight even though it was for the WBO. In large part it seemed more popular in the UK. I’m not sure if MA Barrera helped its credibility since he was a great fighter who had the WBO belt for awhile and shunned the WBC at first.

I think Emanuel Steward’s fighters were some of the first big names to really cut a lot of weight. Michael Moorer at 175 and G-Man at 160 were huge for their divisions. Over time it just became more and more common.

So now there’s way more multi-divisional champions.