Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I think its clear from his tweets that its not really in his personality to be a "good guy". Dude gives off antagonist vibes with the way he gets at people on twitter. And thats not a bad thing. I think he should really lean into it to sell himself because he can be funny with it. Like the stuff he did to Berto with the "constructive criticism" lol.

Right. I think Tank has enough casual fans who rock with him so he can’t have a “heel” persona.

Haney gonna always have that Garcia fight as a stain on his resume plus outside of his daddy poppin off all the time, he doesn’t come off as unlikeable to casuals.

Shakur on the other hand….yea he can be the one who fans pay to see lose ala Mayweather (as time went on with him). He just needs the right fights at the right time.

Zepada at the end of the year, then unify with Berinchyk at ALL COST (even if you gotta split the purse 50/50) by April 2025, then undisputed bout by the end of next year.

I believe he beats Zepada and stops Berinchyk

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I don’t think he beats zepeda at all. As a matter of fact, I believe it so much I swear on Joes grave I’m putting $200-400 on it if it does happen. Doubt any of these cowards fight each other though as always.

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
kid chocolate had that looseness and joe brown and johnny bratton had such a pretty style. ezzard charles decided he wanted to be a boxer when he learned that kid chocolate owned 365 suits. joe brown was my dad's favorite fighter. miles davis has a song about johnny bratton. but nobody moved like sugar ray robinson.
I was just thinking johnny bratton too :jbhmm:
Lionel rose was another one lesser known. :wow:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
You dont see it with him beating Zepada?

All depends on if hes actually committed to jabbing the whole fight. I'm actually rethinking this bet now cause these damn mexicans never jab. He was getting tagged to heavens first round vs cabrera he threw like 5 of them, was getting tagged. Soon as he started jabbing he was getting him. But his head movement is also lackluster, but shakur doesnt let his hands go so who know if that will even matter.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
To think we'd have two roy jones type super athletes worth of footage if sugar ray had more footage:wow:
You see hours of compilation just off crazy things roy Jones pulled. Thats absurd.
That remind me of why it seems ezzard charles was more defensive. He killed a man so he started holding back. He was actually an offensive titan

I mentioned to @Knicksman20 that Terence Crawford is the 2nd coming of Ezzard Charles. The way both of them counter punch and turn defense into offense in uncanny, and downright eerie