Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I think Loma would be more of a problem for Shakur than Tank. Reason is if you're a busy fighter, you play into Tank's strength's because he won't have to track you down; he'll try to counter you & get you outta there. Whereas with Shakur, his offense will suffer because he'd be trying to play defense & doesn't transition consistently well from offense to defense just like Broner

I think it's the opposite. With Tank is a low output counter-puncher, you can catch him in between his punches. Tank at times searches for the "perfect shot", and can get pieced up while he's searching. Frank Martin did the same to him, and Loma has very elite handspeed to take advantage of that, and would be able to go in and out of range on Tank

On the flip side Shakur is a consistent body puncher, which can be Loma's weak point to eventually slow him down, and Shakur is very strong on the inside where Loma excels at. Shakur will have no problem with Loma's activity if he just jabs and keeps that pressure to the body

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I think it's the opposite. With Tank is a low output counter-puncher, you can catch him in between his punches. Tank at times searches for the "perfect shot", and can get pieced up while he's searching. Frank Martin did the same to him, and Loma has very elite handspeed to take advantage of that, and would be able to go in and out of range on Tank

On the flip side Shakur is a consistent body puncher, which can be Loma's weak point to eventually slow him down, and Shakur is very strong on the inside where Loma excels at. Shakur will have no problem with Loma's activity if he just jabs and keeps that pressure to the body
I see your point. The body shots were probably Haney most important punches in that fight

The axe murderer

Daps
And to think... That wasn't even prime SRR.

All the old time greats said that he looked even more spectacular before video footage was available
If only there was footage of him. He was on a 91 fight win streak :wow:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Clicked the video and saw it was basically a slide show of Shakur tweets.

I aint reading all of these dudes tweets.

But to that fan that tweeted that video of Floyd vs Gatti. Why does every defensive fight gotta be like Floyd with ya'll cats?
You want old floyd style back? Just watch his old videos.
This fight will prolly happen too :snoop:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
It's crazy how boxing made that comebyke like with such 90s energy :whew: .

Fitting to watch the fights tonight and I barely know any of them mofos.

The last two years has really made me realize that allllll boxing has to do, is just make the fights we wanna see. Sooooo many of my FB friends who I didn’t think tapped into boxing like THAT all had opinions on the Shakur fight. Love to see it

I try and do my best to promote boxing amongst my social media friends and friends in real life

The axe murderer

Daps
And to think... That wasn't even prime SRR.

All the old time greats said that he looked even more spectacular before video footage was available.
Trying to think who fought with a similar style to ray robinson. So far most searches come back to older fighters that barely have much footage like perhaps ezzard charles. The way mosely loaded up om shots reminded me of him though hw was a bit stiffer

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Trying to think who fought with a similar style to ray robinson. So far most searches come back to older fighters that barely have much footage like perhaps ezzard charles. The way mosely loaded up om shots reminded me of him though hw was a bit stiffer
Sugar Ray Leonard & of course Roy was a hybrid of SRR & Ali

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clicked the video and saw it was basically a slide show of Shakur tweets.

I aint reading all of these dudes tweets.

But to that fan that tweeted that video of Floyd vs Gatti. Why does every defensive fight gotta be like Floyd with ya'll cats?
You want old floyd style back? Just watch his old videos.

I have had issues with this as well but I let it go. Every fighter is compared to Floyd. Every situation is compared to Floyd. It’s like these nyggas really don’t know boxing outside of Floyd.

The axe murderer

Daps
Sugar Ray Leonard & of course Roy was a hybrid of SRR & Ali
To think we'd have two roy jones type super athletes worth of footage if sugar ray had more footage:wow:
You see hours of compilation just off crazy things roy Jones pulled. Thats absurd.
That remind me of why it seems ezzard charles was more defensive. He killed a man so he started holding back. He was actually an offensive titan

Last edited: