Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
To think we'd have two roy jones type super athletes worth of footage if sugar ray had more footage:wow:
You see hours of compilation just off crazy things roy Jones pulled. Thats absurd.
That remind me of why it seems ezzard charles was more defensive. He killed a man so he started holding back. He was actually an offensive titan

The GOAT light heavyweight bro. He's one of the few I'd pick to beat Roy in a mythical match up

shroommon

Pro
Daps
Reppin
ATL
um ive posted about dude plenty of times..hell ive even seen him fight live....i mentioned that one of his KOs is among the most brutal ive ever witnessed in person ringside and ive been to hundreds of fights
is it the Rojas KO you talking about

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Trying to think who fought with a similar style to ray robinson. So far most searches come back to older fighters that barely have much footage like perhaps ezzard charles. The way mosely loaded up om shots reminded me of him though hw was a bit stiffer
you know whats odd? trainers dont teach that footwork. a lot will tell you its wrong.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shakur really doesn't get it. He is the rare case where people actually WANT to like and support him and he just doesn't make himself likeable at all. Ironically enough I saw an avenue he can use in the Artem fight that he could use to start getting some stoppages, but he isn't gonna listen to anyone else so it is what it is.
I think its clear from his tweets that its not really in his personality to be a "good guy". Dude gives off antagonist vibes with the way he gets at people on twitter. And thats not a bad thing. I think he should really lean into it to sell himself because he can be funny with it. Like the stuff he did to Berto with the "constructive criticism" lol.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Sugar Ray Leonard & of course Roy was a hybrid of SRR & Ali
kid chocolate had that looseness and joe brown and johnny bratton had such a pretty style. ezzard charles decided he wanted to be a boxer when he learned that kid chocolate owned 365 suits. joe brown was my dad's favorite fighter. miles davis has a song about johnny bratton. but nobody moved like sugar ray robinson.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i
And this was the plaster version of Margarito too..
that fight shows how bad welterweight has declined since that era..mario barrios would never hold a belt in that era of welters...same with brian norman