Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Can someone explain the purse bid stuff to me? I think I have a general idea but it makes Haney look crazy saying he was getting 30mil+ for the Ryan fight. :comeon:

Fairly straightforward:

A champion and his mandatory can’t come to an agreement for their fight.

The sanctioning body (WBA,WBC,IBF etc) orders a purse bid

Any promoter can place a bid to promote the fight.

The highest bid wins the right to promote the fight.

Sanctioning body determines how to split the winning bid (i/e 60/40 split in favor of champ etc)

Teofimo Lopez - George Kambosos is a notable recent example of purse bid fukkery.

Teo had a publicized disagreement with Top Rank, and wouldn’t accept their terms for the Kambosos fight.

The IBF ordered a purse bid, and in a shocker, Triller won by bidding 6 million dollars. Top Rank and Matchroom bid 2.3$ million and 3.5$ million respectively.

However, after numerous setbacks and delays, Triller failed to post the money they bid for the fight, the IBF granted the fight to next top bidder, Matchroom, and Teofimo lost to Kambosos.*

After looking it up, the final straw was Triller trying to reschedule the fight AGAIN from October 4 to October 16, and while Lopez agreed, Kambosos refused. So the IBF split the deposit from Triller between the fighters, and gave the promotional rights to Matchroom. :dead:

There’s more fukkery than I remember.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So 147 now is
WBA - One Punch Man
WBC - Barrios
WBO - Normal Jr
IBF - Boots

I really don't get the Play Eddie have for Boots because it sounds like he wants to force Bud vs Boots but 154 has too many things in Motion paired with Bud likely getting Canelo too.

That said If folks are serious we can legit have a Tourney now especially since I can't imagine any of the above pricing themselves out of any unification.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
whats funny is I think canelo can easily beat bivol. I thought he fought very strangely, but bivol was nothing special.