Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:what:He has possibly the best resume of any WW atm. nd He sells ppvs in his sleep. WAYY more than Bud ever has. Fxck u mean he does nothing for Bud? He's a massive payday + legacy fight.

Just because you don't like him personally doesn't mean that everyone will ignore him if he's a healthy willing combatant.

the post was disrespectfully worded but nah.

Thurman only been in one PPV where he was the B side to Pac, he wasn’t the main draw, you can’t say he sells more PPVs in his sleep.

many ppl saw Thurman fighting Swift and Porter on free TV but when was this? 5-6 years ago already. That’s when the relevant part of Thurman’s career ended.

Ever since he’s a semi retired fighter who strikes me as someone who’s boxing or not boxing depending on how is his balance atm.
He sat out 2 years after the Swift fight, fought Lopez then Pac then sits out for another 2 and a half years when most fans basically considered him retired. You can’t just take long ass vacations from the sport like that and expect your name value and notoriety to remain intact.

His last win was 3 years ago, his last good win was 5 years ago. So I can understand why some ppl are frustrated with him coming back, acting like it’s a given that he’s in the mix with the top guys. We passed the point when Thurman was relevant like that, dude just stayed inactive for too long. Still has some name but not a big star, you can believe when even hardcore fans barely counted with him as an active fighter anymore. Casuals probably forgot him by this time or remember him as “that guy old Pac has beaten”.

if Crawford would beat him everyone would just say Thurman was too inactive, has past his prime and an old Pac has beaten him too, it would be treated like how his win over Brook is treated.

Give me Bud vs Taylor over Bud vs Thurman. If Bud only has to sign a one fight deal with TR to fight Taylor then why not… at least until Haymon tries to sign him what he hasn’t done so far even though Bud’s a free agent and it would make all the sense to them to sign the last remaining 147 belt holder who’s not with them yet

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Thurman only been in one PPV where he was the B side to Pac, he wasn’t the main draw, you can’t say he sells more PPVs in his sleep.

many ppl saw Thurman fighting Swift and Porter on free TV but when was this? 5-6 years ago already. That’s when the relevant part of Thurman’s career ended.

Ever since he’s a semi retired fighter who strikes me as someone who’s boxing or not boxing depending on how is his balance atm.
He sat out 2 years after the Swift fight, fought Lopez then Pac then sits out for another 2 and a half years when most fans basically considered him retired. You can’t just take long ass vacations from the sport like that and expect your name value and notoriety to remain intact.

His last win was 3 years ago, his last good win was 5 years ago. So I can understand why some ppl are frustrated with him coming back, acting like it’s a given that he’s in the mix with the top guys. We passed the point when Thurman was relevant like that, dude just stayed inactive for too long. Still has some name but not a big star, you can believe when even hardcore fans barely counted with him as an active fighter anymore. Casuals probably forgot him by this time or remember him as “that guy old Pac has beaten”.

if Crawford would beat him everyone would just say Thurman was too inactive, has past his prime and an old Pac has beaten him too, it would be treated like how his win over Brook is treated.

Give me Bud vs Taylor over Bud vs Thurman. If Bud only has to sign a one fight deal with TR to fight Taylor then why not… at least until Haymon tries to sign him what he hasn’t done so far even though Bud’s a free agent and it would make all the sense to them to sign the last remaining 147 belt holder who’s not with them yet
He can definitely fight though and only has one loss...barely.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

exactly how i feel...thurman was the best of the PBC welters but he needs to stop being inactive (because of injuries or something else) and earn a shot...and beating barrios does nothing for me so it will be whoever he faces after that

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He still the triple OG of this shyt… Ryan take notes :dead:

The only fighter on this list that I think would actually entertain him is Danny Garcia. Garcia was recently talking about fighting the winner of Khan/Brook. I think he’s just trying to make some extra money on his way out.

I do believe he’s willing to fight Charlo at 154. However, I don’t believe he’s willing to fight tough competition at 154 and work towards it.

morris

Superstar
Daps
The only fighter on this list that I think would actually entertain him is Danny Garcia. Garcia was recently talking about fighting the winner of Khan/Brook. I think he’s just trying to make some extra money on his way out.

I do believe he’s willing to fight Charlo at 154. However, I don’t believe he’s willing to fight tough competition at 154 and work towards it.
Victor Ortiz:scust:
in 2021 ...