Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Both Jo Jo Diaz and Isaac Cruz have put their name into the higher echelon discussion of their divisions

Isaac Cruz put the pressure on Davis all night, he was extremely effective with his body shots … Davis gave him that and Cruz only vaguely slowed down his pace once Davis committed to standing his ground somewhere between the 4th and the 6th. Cruz worked his body all night, kept the pressure on him and made him fight his fight. In doing so, he forced a better performance out of Davis than we saw from Haney in his fight … and I now respect Davis defensively, and worry about Haney defensively. That make sense? Haney didn’t end up facing the same challenge that Davis did, Davis actually lost that fight but showed more of a performance in doing so than I’ve seen out of Haney
Ok, it's your opinion at the end of the day, explained it too, fair enough, I just disagree on multiple points

Imo:

It's a stretch to say Tank lost

Tank has some slick moves but gets tagged way too often to be called a defensive wizard, he seems to have a sturdy chin and doesn't lose his composure when getting hit.

Haney needs to work on his defense but imo he has a solid chin, it's not like he'd be floored left and right, more so that he doesn't like to get hit and he loses composure when getting hit clean, that's dangerous too and also look bad for the judges when you look like you could be hurt even if you are okay.

Only Cruz really raised his stock cause Tank was a big favorite and most expected Cruz to be knocked out in the first half of the fight. I always thought he's a good opponent but raised his stock nevertheless by winning 4-5 rounds against a big favorite. With that said I agree that Tank's stock hasn't dropped either

Diaz proved again that he's a quality fighter that gives a tough day in the office to most if not all 135ers but at the end of the day he lost by a margin most ppl expected him to lose.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:why: How?

Was a bigger favorite but struggled more than Haney.
What defensive wizard lmao, Tank is a gifted fighter, a defensive wizard he's not
People just be saying stupid shyt lol. Over blowing issac cruz cause tank struggled at times is hilarious :dead:. All i seen was a guy who gives a decent fight.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
People just be saying stupid shyt lol. Over blowing issac cruz cause tank struggled at times is hilarious :dead:. All i seen was a guy who gives a decent fight.
Cruz is a good fighter :yeshrug:
Not the biggest puncher but has volume for days, also a pretty tight defense.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Cruz is a good fighter :yeshrug:
Not the biggest puncher but has volume for days, also a pretty tight defense.

Yea his defense is pretty tight. Tank really didn’t land on him too clean the crowd and the commentators was giving Tank extra credit for blocked punches…Tank just had the way better gas tank that was the deciding factor surprisingly.

I feel like Kambosos stock rose more. Cruz is who we thought he were just had a better chin. He got outboxed badly at times when tank decides to box.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yea his defense is pretty tight. Tank really didn’t land on him too clean the crowd and the commentators was giving Tank extra credit for blocked punches…Tank just had the way better gas tank that was the deciding factor surprisingly.

I feel like Kambosos stock rose more. Cruz is who we thought he were just had a better chin. He got outboxed badly at times when tank decides to box.

imo it’s still nice that he not only didn’t get knocked out but won 4-5 rounds as well. Tank’s hand injury didn’t change a whole lot on the fight either, it’s not like Cruz won all his rounds after round 6.

yeah it’s funny how Tank had the better stamina, he used to have a shytty stamina, even at 135 against Gamboa. I hear an interview a few days before the fight where Tank’s talking about him stopped drinking booze, only drink a little wine nowadays.
And it all makes sense cause I can definitely see his stamina improved and his speech got clearer, more articulate in the last few years. This latter can be due to media training too but not drinking too much definitely helps too.

Kambosos’ stock definitely rose the most, probably the most out of all boxers this year but I was only talking about the last weekend

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Lost to a guy with one hand idk, tight defense nothing special to me
As I said in the other reply it’s not like the injury was a sudden game changer, I mean it wasn’t like Cruz was blown out the water for 6 rounds where Tank fought with 2 healthy hands.
Would he knocked Cruz out with a good left hand in the second half? We’ll never know but Cruz did his part of the job well at least