Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't fight him after that. He fought Marquez instead coming up 2 weight classes. The reason he chose marquez over Shane was cause Shane "wasn't a ppv attraction" and because "Mexicans sell ppv's".....those are real quotes. By the time Floyd fought Shane he had been out the ring for 14 months.

Floyd picked and chose his spots very carefully at 147. But his biggest duck was definitely winky wright. Called winky out after he beat Tito thinking winky wouldn't call his bluff and come back down to 154. Winky accepted the challenge then Floyd kept adding more stipulations. They agreed on 50-50. Then Floyd asked for a same day weigh in the morning of the fight. Winky agreed. Then Floyd asked for an 8 lb rehydration clause. Winky agreed. Everything was agreed upon then at the last minute Floyd asked for a 45-55 split. Then winky walked. Then people say winky made a dumb decision:mjlol:......no. he walked away cause it was obvious Floyd never had any intention of fighting him. shyt was all cap. If winky agreed to the new split Floyd woulda had a new demand.

Not saying Floyd couldn't have beat winky but he definitely knew winky was his toughest test. Floyd had issues with great jabs and great work rates. And winky had both. Had the size and strength to be in Floyd's chest all night. You can't blame Floyd for duckin. He made a business decision. If he lost to winky he might not have become the superstar he did. But he still ducked:yeshrug:

Floyd was getting so much criticism for ducking back then his new slogan became "I don't fight for legacy, I fight for money".....he admitted he had no interest in making the toughest fights and wore that badge proudly. And it worked out for him:yeshrug:

I’m reluctant to respond to this post because you come off kind of stannish in your posts and I’m not into any of the Stan wars y’all do on this forum.

Mayweather/Wright didn’t materialize, but I don’t view it as a duck. The word ducking is thrown around way too much. How can you duck a guy that’s 2 weight classes above you? The Mayweather/Wright talks took place right after the Gatti fight.

Since 95% of your posts here about Canelo, let’s look at it this way. If Canelo negotiates with Makabu, and for whatever reason the fight doesn’t materialize, is that a duck? From my point of view, it isn’t. The idea that Canelo is ducking a guy that fights at cruiserweight is ridiculous in itself right?

Ducking occurs within the same weight class IMO. There can be exceptions, as these guys do use weight to duck fights. However, I believe your example is a reach.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You nikkas and floyd/canelo shyt :heh:

you really need either a separate thread or forum dedicated to Mayweather/Canelo/PAC so we can actually talk about boxing in here. It’s obvious these guys aren’t even fans of boxing, but rather a single fighter.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I’m reluctant to respond to this post because you come off kind of stannish in your posts and I’m not into any of the Stan wars y’all do on this forum.

Mayweather/Wright didn’t materialize, but I don’t view it as a duck. The word ducking is thrown around way too much. How can you duck a guy that’s 2 weight classes above you? The Mayweather/Wright talks took place right after the Gatti fight.

Since 95% of your posts here about Canelo, let’s look at it this way. If Canelo negotiates with Makabu, and for whatever reason the fight doesn’t materialize, is that a duck? From my point of view, it isn’t. The idea that Canelo is ducking a guy that fights at cruiserweight is ridiculous in itself right?

Ducking occurs within the same weight class IMO. There can be exceptions, as these guys do use weight to duck fights. However, I believe your example is a reach.
That's cool that you believe all that. But the fact is Floyd and winky was damn near a done deal and Floyd kept switching up the terms after winky gave him everything he wanted. That's a duck:hubie:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Canelo is ducking 3 guys and you to spin it like Benavidez didn't try to make a Plant fight? Lol
Stop:mjlol:

5-BA5-F5-D8-1-FC7-4026-A10-F-631146-D2-A5-A9.jpg

Caleb Plant: I Want David Benavidez Fight, They Want To Wait!

His own damn promoter said he wasn't ready for Caleb :mjlol:......that's why they keep chasing guys who cater to David's style. David only started begging for the plant fight after it became obvious plant was gonna get the canelo fight. He never wanted it when they both had belts. There's no excuse for him not to take it now though :sas1:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Stop:mjlol:

5-BA5-F5-D8-1-FC7-4026-A10-F-631146-D2-A5-A9.jpg

Caleb Plant: I Want David Benavidez Fight, They Want To Wait!

His own damn promoter said he wasn't ready for Caleb :mjlol:......that's why they keep chasing guys who cater to David's style. David only started begging for the plant fight after it became obvious plant was gonna get the canelo fight. He never wanted it when they both had belts. There's no excuse for him not to take it now though :sas1:
Why don't nobody talk about this guy chasing Yildirim instead of going for unification?? Canelo fought Yildirim 90 days after beating Smith and these nikkas p*ssys started bleeding
Benavidez: Yildirim Fight Is Next; He'll Have Extremely Tough Time With Me

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caleb said he wants David or Charlo next. Let's see if David takes it. No excuse now that canelo is tied up:sas2:

Plant vs Benavidez has been brewing for years. I actually think the Canelo fight made Plant better and will improve his chances against Benavidez. It’s a closer fight now than it would have been if Plant didn’t fight Canelo.

Makes perfect sense to have this in 2022. It would be Plant’s second PPV and Benavidez’s first as a headliner. If the goal is to continue building the names, then there is no other fight.

Charlo needs a look at 168 as well before he jumps in with Plant or Benavidez

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast