Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
He didn't fight him after that. He fought Marquez instead coming up 2 weight classes. The reason he chose marquez over Shane was cause Shane "wasn't a ppv attraction" and because "Mexicans sell ppv's".....those are real quotes. By the time Floyd fought Shane he had been out the ring for 14 months.

Floyd picked and chose his spots very carefully at 147. But his biggest duck was definitely winky wright. Called winky out after he beat Tito thinking winky wouldn't call his bluff and come back down to 154. Winky accepted the challenge then Floyd kept adding more stipulations. They agreed on 50-50. Then Floyd asked for a same day weigh in the morning of the fight. Winky agreed. Then Floyd asked for an 8 lb rehydration clause. Winky agreed. Everything was agreed upon then at the last minute Floyd asked for a 45-55 split. Then winky walked. Then people say winky made a dumb decision:mjlol:......no. he walked away cause it was obvious Floyd never had any intention of fighting him. shyt was all cap. If winky agreed to the new split Floyd woulda had a new demand.

Not saying Floyd couldn't have beat winky but he definitely knew winky was his toughest test. Floyd had issues with great jabs and great work rates. And winky had both. Had the size and strength to be in Floyd's chest all night. You can't blame Floyd for duckin. He made a business decision. If he lost to winky he might not have become the superstar he did. But he still ducked:yeshrug:

Floyd was getting so much criticism for ducking back then his new slogan became "I don't fight for legacy, I fight for money".....he admitted he had no interest in making the toughest fights and wore that badge proudly. And it worked out for him:yeshrug:
I have no memory of the winky shyt, so I have no opinion. As far as Shane, he didn't want it at first, and when he got it, he got what he always would have got, a pummeling .

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Should of been ready when Goatweather called. Bob kept cotto away from Tbe when they locked horns, he got the biz (good fight though). Paul lucky they didn't fight and margacheato likely had got it if he didn't get destroyed by Shane
When did Mayweather call out Shane and Shane wasn't ready?? Floyd literally ducked all those people you named :mjlol:.. dropped his belts and retired..
Shane ducking Floyd at any point is one of the biggest myths in boxing

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
When did Mayweather call out Shane and Shane wasn't ready?? Floyd literally ducked all those people you named :mjlol:.. dropped his belts and retired..
Shane ducking Floyd at any point is one of the biggest myths in boxing
What would have been the best time for Floyd to fight Paul?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
That was in 2010 YEARS later when Shane was pushing 40. You asked about 07-08

I know the initial question, but you said "Floyd was ducking Marg so of course he wouldn't fight a man that beat Marg". But that's Cap cause Floyd in fact fought the man that beat Marg in a much more convincing fashion
07-08 after Paul whipped Margarito for the strap.. But Floyd was ducking Margarito of course he wasn't fighting the man that whipped his ass