Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Was hoping Linares took that fight but I would understand if he declined

For different reasons but I don’t think that either Loma or Rivera want to fight each other.
Loma has probably bigger fishes to catch and Rivera is a PBC prospect, they seem to put some push behind him too, doubt that they would just send him over to ESPN in a fight where he’d be a big underdog.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Floyd keeping it a bean :ehh:
Not even hating just keeping it real about what canelo is doing
Love that Floyd named a specific fighter canelo might be avoiding too, gave Benavidez a lil boost and maybe increase he likelihood of the fight being made sooner rather than later

surprised he didnt mention Charlo and Boo Boo
:lolbron:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
yea peeped, but that might just be cause of weight class…..
The Charlo move up imo is inevitable because i assume his brother will move up to 160 (maybe we get Mell vs Boo Boo), and Spence going to 154.

i wont be shocked if 1 of 2 things happens
1.Canelo vacates the 168 belts and Mall scoops one
2.Mall gets the Cashout fight with Nelo.

i think Mall rather lose to Nelo than Lose to Benevidez. Losing to benevidez gains him nothing.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:usure:
doesn’t mean he doesn’t have his bias and agendas

clearly he got much better than he was at fukking 22, I get it, he wants to think he beat the prime version. It’s not his fault that Canelo was so young when he was already at the tail end of his career but this comment is a bullshyt all the same
neither was in their prime
and canelo was askin for the fight a year before it happened
id rather be 40-0 at 22 and gettin better than 36 at the tail end of my career.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Floyd acting like he's speaking up for the young guys but he barely even knew jarons name :mjlol:.....this don't have anything to do with the young guys. It's about canelo's numbers. That's what hits Floyd the worst. When he was on top he always said the sport of boxing was gonna die once he retired. And the exact opposite happened. The sport is far more exciting today than it was when he was active.

When everybody was asking him to fight cotto and Shane. And Paul Williams. And winky. His response was always "how many ppv's have they sold?"....."what have they done?"......he finally fought Shane after he was inactive for 18 months. And cotto after he already got fukked up by Pacquiao. But Floyd was always accused of ducking when he was at welterweight. And it was always "I don't fight for the fans. I fight for myself"......you can't have that mindset then criticize anything canelo does:yeshrug:.....like I said. This is about canelo's success more than anything.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Floyd acting like he's speaking up for the young guys but he barely even knew jarons name :mjlol:.....this don't have anything to do with the young guys. It's about canelo's numbers. That's what hits Floyd the worst. When he was on top he always said the sport of boxing was gonna die once he retired. And the exact opposite happened. The sport is far more exciting today than it was when he was active.

When everybody was asking him to fight cotto and Shane. And Paul Williams. And winky. His response was always "how many ppv's have they sold?"....."what have they done?"......he finally fought Shane after he was inactive for 18 months. And cotto after he already got fukked up by Pacquiao. But Floyd was always accused of ducking when he was at welterweight. And it was always "I don't fight for the fans. I fight for myself"......you can't have that mindset then criticize anything canelo does:yeshrug:.....like I said. This is about canelo's success more than anything.

Shane had a toothache … you doin too much with that one :stopitslime:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
and canelo was askin for the fight a year before it happened

shyt canelo tried to fight Floyd when he was 19 at welter :russ:
He was probably just using Floyd name cause it was no way he was getting that fight at that stage and gettting tagged up by cotto little brother. But I remember an article listing him as a potential opponent not realizing canelo would later become one of the biggest stars and get the fight eventually

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Anyone just catch Lopez against Lowe on the MTK card? Lopez dropped him with literally the first punch he threw and eventually stopped him in the 7th with a body shot. Great performance and fight.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Glanton-Apochi was a reminder in case we forgot that CW is always bubblin - that was a real dramatic slugfest from that division that never gets aired on US TV

there were others like that Smith vs Vlasov, Navarrete vs Gonzalez, Ancajas-Rodriguez..hell even the women delivered like bridges-courtenay..them broads tore each other up for 10 rounds
I remember when we watched that shyt live and replied in the thread. Great Great fight. FOTY candidat