Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I liked Thurman when he was active but cmon, just make Bud vs Spence happen after Spence shakes off some rust in a comeback bout. We don’t need no Bud vs Thurman or anything else before it, the fight has been built enough and Bud is 34
If Spence takes a tune up (he should, but likely won't), then a Thurman fight is fantastic for Crawford

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If Spence takes a tune up (he should, but likely won't), then a Thurman fight is fantastic for Crawford
Spence supposedly return in February/March, Thurman talking about summer, too late.
Bud should stay busy, fine but don’t wait on Thurman, rather give me Bud vs Ugas or Taylor then, fighting Thurman off of 3 years inactivity is a lose-lose.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Spence supposedly return in February/March, Thurman talking about summer, too late.
Bud should stay busy, fine but don’t wait on Thurman, rather give me Bud vs Ugas or Taylor then, fighting Thurman off of 3 years inactivity is a lose-lose.

nah Ugas is off the table until he wins that WBA tournament or loses

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Thurman wants to fight January-February tuneup N then Bud in the Summer… as long as Thurman gets a fight no later than March N can fight by August… that’s not much of a wait

Taylor still got his Mando
Ugas got his WBA BS
Spence needs a Tuneup/IBF Mando

Bud aint fighting before Summer unless it’s Virgil next :manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
nah Ugas is off the table until he wins that WBA tournament or loses
Thurman wants to fight January-February tuneup N then Bud in the Summer… as long as Thurman gets a fight no later than March N can fight by August… that’s not much of a wait

Taylor still got his Mando
Ugas got his WBA BS
Spence needs a Tuneup/IBF Mando

Bud aint fighting before Summer unless it’s Virgil next :manny:

Lol, forgot about the tournament. Taylor has his mando but for some reason I thought that fight is this year, now I'm seeing it's February

Anyway, I'd rather see Bud vs Spence in the summer if it's feasible than Bud vs Thurman. Spence's mando will be Abdukhakorov, he's with Sampson Promotions now so appears on PBC platforms, Spence might get that fight out the way right in his comeback fight

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
Pound-for-pound rankings: Where does Terence Crawford land after his TKO win over Shawn Porter?

1. CANELO ALVAREZ     Previous ranking: No. 1
RECORD: 56-1-2, 38 KOs
DIVISION: Middleweight (champion), super middleweight (unified titlist)
LAST FIGHT: W (TKO11) Caleb Plant, Nov. 6
NEXT FIGHT: TBA

2. TERENCE CRAWFORD     Previous ranking: No. 2
RECORD: 38-0, 29 KOs
DIVISION: Welterweight (titlist)
LAST FIGHT: W (TKO10) Shawn Porter, Nov. 20

3. NAOYA INOUE     Previous ranking: No. 3
RECORD: 21-0, 18 KOs
DIVISION: Bantamweight (unified titlist)
LAST FIGHT: W (KO3) Michael Dasmarinas, June 19
NEXT FIGHT: Dec. 14 vs. Aran Dipaen

4. OLEKSANDR USYK     Previous ranking: No. 5
RECORD: 19-0, 13 KOs
DIVISION: Heavyweight
LAST FIGHT: W (UD12) Anthony Joshua, Sept. 25

5. TYSON FURY     Previous ranking: No. 4
RECORD: 31-0-1, 22 KOs
DIVISION: Heavyweight (champion)
LAST FIGHT: W (KO11) Deontay Wilder, Oct. 9

6. ERROL SPENCE JR.     Previous ranking: No. 6
RECORD: 27-0, 21 KOs
DIVISION: Welterweight (unified titlist)
LAST FIGHT: W (UD12) Danny Garcia, Dec. 5

7. TEOFIMO LOPEZ JR.     Previous ranking: No. 7
RECORD: 16-0, 12 KOs
DIVISION: Lightweight (unified champion)
LAST FIGHT: W (UD12) Vasiliy Lomachenko, Oct. 17
NEXT FIGHT: Nov. 27 vs. George Kambosos Jr.

8. JOSH TAYLOR     Previous ranking: No. 8
RECORD: 18-0, 13 KOs
DIVISION: Junior welterweight (undisputed champion)
LAST FIGHT: W (UD12) Jose Ramirez, May 22
NEXT FIGHT: Feb. 26 vs. Jack Catterall

9. VASILIY LOMACHENKO     Previous ranking: No. 9
RECORD: 15-2, 11 KOs
DIVISION: Lightweight
LAST FIGHT: W (TKO9) Masayoshi Nakatani June 26
NEXT FIGHT: Dec. 11 vs. Richard Commey

10. JUAN FRANCISCO ESTRADA     Previous ranking: No. 10
RECORD: 42-3, 28 KOs
DIVISION: Junior bantamweight (unified champion)
LAST FIGHT: W (SD12) Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, March 13

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Watching these PBC fanboy channels Juelz over Crawford winning, make up conspiracies about Porter banging the mat being the signal to throw the towel and Spence sneaking out the building has been thoroughly entertaining
i saw that more as porter secretly trying to wake himself up a little. when you watch that replay a few times porter was on all fours on the canvas and has to catch himself from sagging back down to the canvas once or twice. when the referee is asking him if he wants to continue he starts walking away in the opposite direction, which i take as fighters trying to buy a little more time for themselves. that was the not the body language he had against broner and spence.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Porter just said buds punches effected him a lot more than Spences:yeshrug:.......said aside from the KD punch Spence didn't really hurt him. But bud was hurting him with a lot of shyt before the KD's. And you could see it in the fight. Every big punch bud landed was staggering porter. He hit him with a short right hand early on that buckled Porter's legs. After that I knew he was in trouble.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Lol, forgot about the tournament. Taylor has his mando but for some reason I thought that fight is this year, now I'm seeing it's February

Anyway, I'd rather see Bud vs Spence in the summer if it's feasible than Bud vs Thurman. Spence's mando will be Abdukhakorov, he's with Sampson Promotions now so appears on PBC platforms, Spence might get that fight out the way right in his comeback fight

Taylor had got an injury so they pushed his fight back.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keith Thurman is low key on some Amir Khan shyt calling for big fights from the sidelines. Obviously there’s a difference here, as Thurman is one of the best b side options available despite his inactivity,

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I think it's more likely we see Bud vs Thurman next year than Bud vs Spence. It is what it is :manny:

I can confirm Thurman will be back very soon. He wanted to fight in December, but it got pushed back so it will be in January. But the opponent has been picked, announcement should be coming soon.

He'll have plenty of time to prepare for a Crawford fight in the summer, and even if Crawford takes a fight in March/April, he'll still have enough time to prepare for a July/August fight.

People may not like it, but Crawford and his team still look at Thurman as a big time fight. I think Bud and them feel some type of way that he couldn't get in on the round robin action a couple years ago because of the whole "wrong side of the street" shyt, so he's gonna do it now that he can.