Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Every potential opp from 160-175 after hearing the news:

mach.gif

This opens up a bunch of great matchups that I'm sure these guys will take now, right guys?:mjgrin:

2022, a year to be remembered, right guys?:mjgrin:

Charlo vs Sulecki

Boo Boo vs Felix Cash

GGG vs Wojcicki

watch :unimpressed:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ilunga Makabu - Wikipedia

Why y'all ain't tell me about the fukkery surrounding Makabu vs Cieślak ? Makes me want to watch the fight now :mjlol:

Makabu career is full of fades. You can pick any random bout of his and see a good scrap. It's just that the cruiserweight division ain't all that popular so shyt gets overlooked. Prolly more so than the guys fighting below featherweight.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Makabu career is full of fades. You can pick any random bout of his and see a good scrap. It's just that the cruiserweight division ain't all that popular so shyt gets overlooked. Prolly more so than the guys fighting below featherweight.
Did you read the link? Sounds like Makabu sent them goons at his opponent the night before the fight and robbed him :mjlol: Plus they claim they stopped a round 1 minute early when Makabu was about to get KO'd. I need to see it for myself :dead:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Did you read the link? Sounds like Makabu sent them goons at his opponent the night before the fight and robbed him :mjlol: Plus they claim they stopped a round 1 minute early when Makabu was about to get KO'd. I need to see it for myself :dead:

Yeah I read the link.

That whole fight was on some movie shyt with the fukkery. :mjlol:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Mixed feelings about this Canelo fight

On the one hand, I'd have really watched him against Charlo and Benavidez too and I guess with him jumping up to 200 even if it's for one fight, he's done with 168 and he just gonna do what he did last time (going up 2 divisions for one fight to test waters then moves one division down and tries to unify belts).
I can see the Benavidez fight happening at 175 later but not Charlo. I think he gonna fight the titlists at 175 too whoever they are at the point Canelo is campaigning there, seems like if you don't bring a belt to the table he's not interested.

On the other hand, a cruiser is still a cruiser, and let's just not make up that Makabu is some bum. Like yes, I know he lost to Bellew a few years back but if we go by "what have you done for me lately" then Makabu actually fought and beat multiple top 10 guys, tested himself more than Charlo or Benavidez, not even joking.
And yes I see Canelo fighting Makabu instead Briedis or Okolie but it's ok for testing the waters at 200. Let's not forget how much bigger anyone even at 175 is than him, why his critics expect Canelo to fight the best guy first in every new division he competes in and why they don't expect the same from others?

Canelo has easily the best resume out of active fighter with only Usyk coming close so he can catch a break too and if this is his "break", fighting a hard-hitting cruiserweight titleholder when everybody at 168 is bigger than Canelo already so be it. Starfighter or not you can't push all responsibility on Canelo to get good fights to happen. This way Charlo and Benavidez might as well fight each other instead of waiting for Canelo.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
1. Who said anything about only champions needing to earn title fights?

It's not about drawing and selling, I don't care two shyts about that since i'm not seeing a dime of it. I'm tired of underserving title fights.

Everyone wants a Canelo fight but yet they're not willing to mix it up to make themselves a more viable option. Say Nelo fights Benavidez next (who's undeserving of a Canelo fight in the FIRST place), what's Charlo going to do? Just take another soft touch and hope that he gets the call in September? When the hell is he going to take risk outside of waiting on a Canelo fight. Canelo the only one from 160-175 daring to mix it up on the reg, but everyone is dancing around each other.

Canelo could dead all this by telling them to all fight each other and he will fight the winners of those fights. Take Charlo and Benavidez for example. If they fight and say Charlo wins, he will be a two division champ and have beaten an unbeaten 2 time champ at 168. At that point Charlo comes a good scalp to have on his resume. He has accolades and he has a legit win over a guy who people see as a legit fighter and threat. That is why a lot of people aren't trying to give Canelo credits for what he has done at 168 because while they were unbeaten, none have legit wins over other guys who were proven to be that guy, not me personally though I felt like Smith, BJS, and Plant were all good fights, he took 3 0's in one year.

Canelo is the draw, he can start making these demands and he should if he is all about bettering the sport. Hell Beterbiev has the best argument of any fighter from 160-175 to fight Canelo. He is a unified champ with a legit win over Gvozdyk(sp?) and is universally seen as a very dangerous fighter who has KO power in both hands. Charlo, Benavidez, Bivol, definitely not Andrade don't even come close.