Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Keep it 100 with you Spence shoud of never tried to become undisputed at 147. Should of just beat Crawford's ass and moved up a few years ago and tried for undisputed at 154 division where it can be done fast and with minimal promoter politics involved. I get his stablemate is at 154, but oh well there aint no friends in boxing once you have something I want. Then again only reason Mell hasn't moved up to 160 is because Mall has been wasting time at 160 not fighting anybody.

Agree re fights. Crawford fight was never going to happen early on though.

Spence isn't as big at 154 though, I can see why he wanted to stay at 147 from a size perspective. Welter a marquee division too.

Theoretically a highly developed athlete at a naturally bigger weight that can drop down to a lighter weight without drying out will dominate in a physiological sense.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
This doesn’t make any sense.

147 is the money division with bigger names. There were more fighters he can have ppv’s with

When I read posts like this, it’s like nyggas forget this is a business to make money. The goal is to make as much money as possible. If you’re able to become undisputed, that’s a bonus. Becoming undisputed is a stretch goal. It’s great if it happens, but the politics of boxing can make it not worth pursuing.
Plus if you can boil down to 147 without drying out and dominate then you going to run that game as long as you can.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
T
Even if you took the path you’re proposing, I’m not convinced he would just steamroll everyone and become undisputed. It’s totally different from 147 despite the lack of names. All them guys like porter, Garcia, and Thurman would have problems there.

This part is crucial, money aside.

Moving up in weight effects everything from a performance perspective, even if you're talented, disciplined and athletically blessed for the sport.

No longer are you the big dog in the junk yard, back to the pack and usually having to rely on ring nous, experience and training for decisions in mind more often than before.

The Pacquiao's, Jones Jr's and Canelo's, Hearn's of the world are an anomaly for the most part re moving up again and again. It's rare to be able to go that high and still keep your power like that.

I wonder why that is????:jbhmm::cook: (Hearns aside.)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio